Super Bowl on board?

luvmy2boyz

Earning My Ears
Does any one know for sure if Disney will have Super Bowl coverage? I'll have 3 very upset males to deal with if not:(

They haven't had any other sports events of note during the past year (Indy 500, Stanley Cup Finals, Indy 500, College Bowl Games), but the odds are they'll pay any price to buy the licensing rights to air the Super Bowl. They'd be risking a mutiny and lots of bad press otherwise.

We were cruising the Wonder 4 day in Jan 2000 and they aired the Superbowl......FIL and DH watched it at ESPN

There are a few of us Cruise Line Forum people meeting at ESPN to watch the game Sunday night. Not sure who all is in on it, but I'm going to be looking for a guy in a Flyers shirt. Hopefully we can all get together and make a lot of noise. Should be a blast.

- Brian

FOX is televising the Super Bowl this year. In the past, sporting events televised on "non-disney" networks (ABC, ESPN) have not been televised.

Last year's Super Bowl was televised on ABC. I wonder if anyone is out there who cruised back on January 30, 2000 who can remember if the Super Bowl was televised onboard. This Super Bowl (XXIV) was also televised by FOX.

I'm sure DCL will try to televise the biggest sporting event of the year. We're cruising this weekend and I'm hoping to catch the playoffs on Saturday and Sunday. I'll let you know what was available upon our return.

Irishcowboy......read my post above....I cruised Jan 2000 and they aired it.......DH and FIL were at the ESPN club watching

Lisa L,
Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier. Thats great that the game will be available onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter