Super 8 Kissimmee

Zola

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed here recently? We are driving and plan to arrive very late our first night and just looking for a place to sleep before our "day off" at AOA or DTD.

If it's the one on Vine your moving into downtown Kissimmee it's ok I have been worse places but not the best part of town.I know these cheap places sound great for nights sleep .I am budget traveler myself and know how temping the $30 dollar a night places look and your thoughts you will only need the hotel for sleeping and have stayed in a few low budget places in Kissimmee let's just say you get what you pay for and some the areas will make you want lock your door at night .It's worth it to spend a few extra bucks .I live in the area and even finding an apartment in the area will cost you to get one in decent area .Some people can't afford the rent so they live in the cheaper hotels and bring in crime along with them.I have never stayed at the super 8 but have been on Vine street and I honestly won't stay there myself .(stay away from the from the Ramanda now the Mangunus it's a dump and the area around it )used to be ok but has gone south I have heard the Quailty Inn Eastgate is ok the area around it is ok and have heard some ok things about the days Inn but never stayed in them .Before I stay on place I always read the reviews .If your going to stay in Kissimmee pick somewhere close to Old town(if it's near old town it should be ok ) .I know there is another Super 8 but not sure where that one is you will find more then one of each hotel in the area so it can be confusing make sure you have your hotels address or you could find yourself at the wrong place and it could make all the difference .

Last edited:
stayed in the Motel 6 - which is closer to WDW than Super 8

this one on the west side

7455 W Irlo Bronson Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34747

https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.fl.kissimmee.436.html

plus you can walk to a Perkins and they give you a discount - just show your motel 6 card

it is behind the perkins

you can turn right and go down 2 traffic lights turn right (Sherberth road) - at the next traffic right turn right for WDW parks, and left for AKL/V.

or you go left (left is hardier) - think there are 2 traffic lights - then you turn right onto World Drive

now have not stayed there in over a year - but it was nice and they took care of problems quickly then. the area is fairly safe - but you even on WDW property need to watch out - thieves are everywhere.

If it's the one near Silver Spurs Arena, then it's fine. We have friends that stay at all the motels near the Arena for competitions. They got Super 8 Hotwire or another website and said it was perfectly fine every time they stayed.

Thanks all - I did read some reviews on trip advisor, just wondering if other disney folks could weigh-in.

Not sure I"m posting in the proper place. Forgive me!!! Went to hotwire, first time and saw a 3 star bonnet creek lake buena vista hotel with free parking, free breakfast, ..... Anyone see this and know what it may be? I don't know of any 3 * cheaper hotels at bonnet creek? ty

Not sure I"m posting in the proper place. Forgive me!!! Went to hotwire, first time and saw a 3 star bonnet creek lake buena vista hotel with free parking, free breakfast, ..... Anyone see this and know what it may be? I don't know of any 3 * cheaper hotels at bonnet creek? ty
You can check this website: http://www.betterbidding.com/ . They have a list of hotels that have come up on Hotwire and it appears three 3* hotels have been reported in that area. FTR, the "Bonnet Creek LBV" area on Hotwire is NOT just the Bonnet Creek complex so make sure you look at a map and you're happy with hotels in the area. Also, be aware that Hotwire tends to inflate their rating system compared to Priceline by at least 1/2*. For instance, one of the hotels that comes up as a 3* on HW in that area is the Baymont Inn Celebration which and the same hotel is 2.5* on PL.

FWIW, I almost always use Priceline for by opaque hotel rental. I usually bid, but if I have specific needs (like breakfast, pet friendly, etc) I will use PL's Express Deals which is just like Hotwire except cheaper. The only time I use HW is when I want to guarantee that I have 2 beds but I don't see that as much of an issue in Orlando like it can be in New York.

Thanks all - I did read some reviews on trip advisor, just wondering if other disney folks could weigh-in.
I believe there are 2 Super 8s in the area. I've stayed at the Super 8 Maingate Kissimmee and it was clean, cheap and no bugs. The front desk was really friendly. Also it had really good reviews on Trip Advisor.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter