• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super 8 discount

RENThead09

DIS Veteran
hope it is OK to post this here. I usually stay at the Super 8 on Katella. I was looking at prices for Labor Day weekend and for a Fri-Mon stay, it is less than $40 a night. Since we need a couple rooms for a group of us running in the half, that price was perfect.

I tried it for another couple weekends I was looking to head over and got great deals as well. It ends up being buy2 get one free.

I know some people don't like the hotel, but I have never had a problem with it.

Just wanted to share! Woo Hoo! Only 145 days until the Disneyland Half!

WOW, sounds like an awesome price, I say go for it! And have a great visit at Dl.!

We got a similar price in 2006, but I don't think I will stay there again. I loved everything about it except the distance. My feet hurt SO bad with that walk, and we never wanted to walk all the way back to rest, it was a really really long walk after the first couple of days. Not bad if you are going to drive, or maybe are in really good shape. But I really liked the pool, we had it all to ourselves in June! And the staff was friendly, the room was decent, but basic. Good for just hitting the hay. Oh and it was also quiet. I don't even think we heard anyone above or to the side of us. Hope you have fun! :goodvibes

Thanks for the reviews!! I think we are going to give this one a shot soon. This month we are Days Inn, next month we are at Peacock but we still need rooms for our July trip......

I saw one review that it was really long . . .
I have a 10 DD and a 13 DS.
How's the distance and time to get to DL?
Thanks.

Hey KelliLee...Yeah for Vegas people. I have only been here a year though, so you have me beat.

It is 3 blocks to the entrance, so probably 4 blocks to the actual gates. It is located next to the GardenWalk (i guess it would be called the south side of it). By cheesecake, PF Changs, CPK).

One block to harbor, 2 blocks to the entrance area, and then walking through the transportation hub. I have never felt it was a long walk. Plus there is a Subway on the corner of Katella and Harbor that makes for quick and cheap meals out of the park.

Have a great trip. I am off to work. Another glorious day spent in the Forum Shops at Caesars! :rotfl:

The Subway is nice. But honestly the walk was to much for me. DH seemed to handle it okay, but by the last day he was hurting too. I'm not used to being on my feet all day, so that could have really been the problem, but I really dreaded the walk to and from the park. It is a longer walk. Because you have to walk past 2 hotels I think on Katella before you turn onto Harbor. That street doesn't seem to bad, until you are walking it after a long day in the park. I think it was probably a good 10-15 minute walk from our room, which was in the very back of the parking lot, to the gates. And that's walking at a normal pace, we are only 2 adults, with kids it might be even longer. You could probably do it, if you really want to save money. But after our stay there, I said I wasn't going to stay that far again. I am really hoping Hojo is closer. Its not a ton I don't think, but this year I am also conditioning myself. So hopefully the walk won't be such a dreaded part of our trip. Hope that helps some. I know people stay there and love it...so its hard to tell sometimes!

Maybe it would be worth it to drive to the park (since I'd be saving so much on the room) and maybe park in the Mickey & Friends Structure? Or one of the lots?

What do you think?

Why not take ART? last year,when I stayed at the Days Inn on West Ball Rd. that is what I did. It was super easy,fast and most convenient too. Look into it, for it may suite your needs. It made me happy. :)

Well we have Premium APs so we get free parking so if/when we stay here we will drive.

That is a good idea Kelli, for it is only $12 per day, with in and out privileges. And if you have park hopper tickets through AAA, it includes parking.

I would drive or do ART. We ended up driving one of the days and it was HEAVENLY! We actually went back to the hotel that day to rest our feet. ;)

We just stayed there last week. I didn't think the walk was bad but we were only there 2 days and we didn't go back to the room in the middle of the day. I could tell on the second night that it would be hard to walk that far for too many days. I think I could do 3 days but after that it might get to be too much. We had a 10 yo and a 13 yo with us and everyone did the walk fine. It wasn't any farther than walking to the parking structure which we do often when we don't feel like waiting for a tram. I loved just being able to walk over instead of having to deal with the parking garage like we usually have to.

Here's my review of the room: I agree that the rooms are quiet. I didn't hear anyone else. We were on the 2nd floor. I wondered if the people below us could hear us walking around though because as I walked it felt like it could be heard below but idk. The furniture looked fairly new and so did the shower curtain, which was nice. But I don't know if I would stay there again. We had reserved a refrigerator they didn't have available once we got there, even though we had explained about DS's special diet. So we had to keep his food on ice for 3 days. The clock was 30 min slow when we got there and we didn't realize it until we were late going to dinner that night. We came back and reset it only to have it start blinking on us a few hours later and then it reset itself to 12:00. We never did figure out how to make it stop blinking. The hair dryer didn't work either. Luckily I had anticipated such a problem and brought my own but it was still annoying. The floors made our socks dirty. There were several holes in the bathroom walls - not going all the way through but they were eye sores. The towels were thin and small. I could barely fit it around me and I'm not a very big person. And the lady at the front desk was not very friendly. The breakfast was okay but we brought our own cheerios and just used their milk and bowls which worked out good. So, the hotel was okay and certainly not the worst place to stay but I don't know if I would stay there again or not.

I liked the laminated paper they had on the bed when we checked in that said something like "Because of the popularity of our ammenities the housekeeping staff have the following items available for purchase" and then it listed several things like Coffee pot $80, towels $10, etc. In other words, if you steal their stuff, they will charge you a lot for it. That was no $80 coffee pot!

So how many floors does this hotel have? We like to be on the top unless there are skylights...but heck even with skylights we will do the top. LOL

So how many floors does this hotel have? We like to be on the top unless there are skylights...but heck even with skylights we will do the top. LOL

Just 2 floors. It's more of a motel than a hotel. I don't think it's fancy enough to have skylights anywhere. At least we didn't have any in our room.

Thank you for the review L P! sometimes S 8 has especially tough rates to beat. Have not stayed there, so far anyway. I do not like the idea of getting dirty feet while walking on the carpet. That is bad, hygiene wise. Anyway, maybe the clerk was having a bad day, because she was getting tired of hearing complaints. ;) Hey, it is possible.
It sounds ok though overall.
That is annoying that the fridge that was suppose to be there, was not. One would think that at some point that day, management would have rounded up one for your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter