• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunset Pointe, Seabreeze Pointe, Gazebo

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
Ok, I thought I was set on Sunset Pointe. Now I keep looking at pictures of the other locations and I can't decide!!!!! For those of you who did not use the WP and had outside locations, where did you choose and why??? Thanks!

we just got hitched at sunset point 3 weeks ago, and i am certain that it even beens the WP. but to answer your question, here's why sunset beats the other sites you mention:
1) the castle is in the background
2) you can hear the MK railroad toot!!!
3) you can see the castle at sunset but not at the others
4) the GF and contemp are in the background too
5) did I mention the castle?

we choose the yacht club gazebo because we liked the privacy & space of the inlet & rose garden area. we also wanted the ceremony outdoors in a gazebo near water, which are guests will see as they come & leave the ceremony. we also like the proximity to our reception ariels at the beach club. we were originally considering seabreeze point which is just gorgious but we didnt like the proximity to the sidewalk, espn zone & the seating arrangement for guests.

We chose the Yacht Club Garden Gazebo because we were having a small wedding with only 10 guests so we thought it would be more intimate since the gazebo seems smaller that some venues. Not to mention the beautiful greenery and flowers,,:) Sun Set Pointe was our second choice because you can see the castle in the background,,:) I think you will be happy with any place you pick at Disney,,they all seem to be beautiful locations. :flower:

hAm53 said:
we just got hitched at sunset point 3 weeks ago, and i am certain that it even beens the WP. but to answer your question, here's why sunset beats the other sites you mention:
1) the castle is in the background
2) you can hear the MK railroad toot!!!
3) you can see the castle at sunset but not at the others
4) the GF and contemp are in the background too
5) did I mention the castle?

I have to agree. I had my vow renewal at Sunset Point on Sept 13th. My main reason for picking this site was the castle in the backgroud. It looks really awesome in the pictures.

We originally were planning a Hawaiian theme for our wedding. We had made reservations for the Poly and were going to do the ceremony at Sunset Pointe. Our reasons for choosing this location were primarily because of the tropical/beach theme...it is a favorite type of vacation spot for me. However, due to rehab at the Poly during our scheduled time, we decided to transfer our reservations over to the Boardwalk and we chose Sea Breeze Point for our ceremony...OMG!! It was AWESOME!!!

Sea Breeze Point has a fairly large gazebo that could accommodate some number of guests (ask your coordinator to be sure). I think at the Yacht Club, the guests are seated outside.

Now, I did not go and look at the other locations while we were there...I had made my decision and was sticking to it! :earboy2: But I have seen pictures of Sunset Pointe and while the castle is visible while you are standing there, I'm not sure how visible it would be in pictures...it seems like its a pretty good distance to me...but that's just my impression...I haven't been there.

The other good thing about either of the gazebo's is if by some chance it happens to rain, you have some cover (again, I think Sea Breeze Point is a bit larger so there might even be more room there in case of inclement weather).

For me the beach-y theme was PERFECT. My ceremony was intended to be very simple, casual, relaxed, and intimate...and it was all that and more! I love Sea Breeze Point...so I guess I'm a little biased! ;)

Rest assured that no matter WHICH location you choose...you will LOVE IT!!!! You will not regret your decision ever...

Good luck with your decision!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter