Sunscreen- do the sprays really work?

I use the lotion for first application of the day and then I use the spray for reapplications the rest of the day. One stays in the van in the storage bin and we keep one in the garage to reapply quickly. My DD6 hates having the spray applied because she hates the smell, so I have to apply it outside and go with the wind with it.

We buy the kids Coppertone and the Coppertone Sport for DH and I. It works well. My DH has very white skin and burns fast, so this product has proven itself worthy.

Just read the can when you buy it. There are some that do need to be rubbed in. The kinds that do not need to be rubbed in (my favorites!) say "continuous spray" or "no rub".

I love the Neutrogena continuous clear no rub spray. It works great, but I do go through a whole lot more than if I buy lotion. I also have the lotion spray that I use sometimes but I don't like it as much as the clear spray. Just make sure you apply enough of it (I think it says you should spray until you can see it) It makes applying sunscreen so much easier and it is great on DDs parts in her hair!

I use this all the time. It is so much easier to put on the kids, along with the stick sunscreen for their faces. I really like that too!

It does sting if you have razor burn though, or if the kids have any new cuts.

My favorite is the Target brand, cheaper. We go thru alot of the stuff with 6 of us too.

One thing I did learn... do not spary is near your car! I did this lastyear too close to my van before swim lessons, and the spray would not come off. It left a dull residue even after we went thru the carwash.

I agree with the Target brand too,<HIGHLY. It is not as sticky or oily feeling for my tempermental DD.
I also have the stick as she really gets freckles, so the added protection is great.
Thanks for the tip about the car.

Me, I use spf 8 for the begining summer and 4 later, I love banana boat, lots of after sun moisturizer...I am part american indian and swear I tan from only the heat. I use stick on the nose and ears as this was the only point I ever did burn and then almost blisterd at a Hershey Park vacation weekend.
Di

I tried the Neutrogena spray on the kids during our last trip to the zoo. All the sudden I realized my nails were sticky and my polish was coming off. The sunscreen ate through my nail polish. It was bizarre. I decided if it could do that to my polish I shouldn't be putting it on my kids' skin. We went back to the lotion. But I did love the idea of not having sunscreen lotion all over my hands!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter