• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunrise Safari now available to DVC Members staying at AKV!

What about DVC renters? Previously renters had little opportunity to get into concierge level so the Sunrise Safari wasn't even a consideration for them, but we're thinking of renting in November. Since rezzies need to be made through Member Services I'm thinking only the member owner can call. I wonder if it will be an option for a DVC renter and how that would work.

Just last week I moved our 3-day reservation from a 1BR at OKW over to a 1BR AKV savannah view just so we could take advantage of this membership magic offering. I am really excited to take the Sunrise Savannah Tour on June 1st. We are booked at Kidani Village and was told to meet at the Community Room at 7:00am and to not be late. I think it is a 2-hour tour but wondering if that is true and what is the buffet like at the end? Appreciate any feedback from folks who have taken this before.

I am super happy that I called to speak to a CM today regarding our upcoming reservation. I was trying to figure out some last minute changes to our FP reservations and realized that the park opens at 8am this Sunday and wondered how that affected our tour.
I was told we aren't meeting at the Kidani Community Hall but instead we are supposed to meet at the Savannah desk at Jambo (next to check-in). CM said Kidani meet up is for the night safari at 10pm, not the sunrise safari. I was also told since the park opens at 8am (and not 9am, which is when it may typically open), that we actually have to check into the tour desk by 6:30, not 7am, because we are leaving earlier.
CM said their desk has tried to tell DVC CMs the information but they aren't too surprised at the miscommunication. I know I've called member services to look for openings on 5/1 to reschedule and the CMs tell me I have the wrong number...:confused3
She mentioned that breakfast is scheduled to start at 8:20am, if that helps anyone. I'm not sure how that timeline may change, given the earlier start time.
Hope this info helps anyone who is scheduled for a Sunday safari if the park opens at 8am.

We just booked for September. They only do this Sunday and Thursday. We are in Kidani. Meet at Jambo at 7:00 am. We did this some years ago when we stayed concierge at AKL. Remember it as great fun and a fabulous breakfast. The only downside was having to return to front gate to officially enter the park in order to access the fast pass system after breakfast. That may have changed since then.

We just booked for September. They only do this Sunday and Thursday. We are in Kidani. Meet at Jambo at 7:00 am. We did this some years ago when we stayed concierge at AKL. Remember it as great fun and a fabulous breakfast. The only downside was having to return to front gate to officially enter the park in order to access the fast pass system after breakfast. That may have changed since then.

It looks like you're saying they extended the offer to members staying at AKL past the initial date of August. Is this right?

Thanks,
Dawn

Just booked this tour for Lisa and I for 5/1. 7:00 start time and the CM told me that we meet at Kidani at 6:15. Can anyone confirm this?????He seemed a bit confused. I plan on double checking when we arrive the day before, but figured I would also check here because we all know that info we get here is often more reliable. LOL

So looking forward to the tour! Lisa just got a great new camera and I know she will be thrilled to be able to use it on the tour.

It looks like you're saying they extended the offer to members staying at AKL past the initial date of August. Is this right? Thanks, Dawn

I was able to book it today for October 23! I can't link it to MDE for some reason, but I have a conformation number so I assume I am all good:)

I'm so glad I'm procrastinating doing my work today, and clicked over here. I would not have known about this awesome experience otherwise. I just called MS to see about booking this for 6/8, and they are having trouble booking anything at Animal Kingdom, and that includes Resort Concierge. :sad2: So now I have to remember to call in a couple of hours and see if the system is back up. :hourglass

I will definitely be up for MOM of the YEAR if I pull this off. :cool1: My DD will be so excited.

I'm so glad I'm procrastinating doing my work today, and clicked over here. I would not have known about this awesome experience otherwise. I just called MS to see about booking this for 6/8, and they are having trouble booking anything at Animal Kingdom, and that includes Resort Concierge. :sad2: So now I have to remember to call in a couple of hours and see if the system is back up. :hourglass

I will definitely be up for MOM of the YEAR if I pull this off. :cool1: My DD will be so excited.

Will you do me a favor, when you're on the phone with MS? Could you ask if they will do the Safari on Thanksgiving morning? We're at BCV on Wednesday night, but I'd move over to AKL a day early to do the Sunrise Safari. And probably make someone very happy to get the BCV ressie.

What about DVC renters? Previously renters had little opportunity to get into concierge level so the Sunrise Safari wasn't even a consideration for them, but we're thinking of renting in November. Since rezzies need to be made through Member Services I'm thinking only the member owner can call. I wonder if it will be an option for a DVC renter and how that would work.

I would like to know the answer to this too.

:dance3:I am so excited!

Read this post and thought I'd try again to check for availability @ AKV-J for two nights pre-cruise end of May. Have been looking off & on since late January without success, gave up and booked onsite @ Universal.

always wanted to do this tour, so I called MS and explained I really didn't want to book the days (borrowing points) then have the tour not be available. I'm cautious since I've had rooms go missing during the booking process in the past when on phone w/MS.

The CM opened up two screens, found the availability of the tour and left it open. Then she booked the last room available for our dates, then confirmed the tour. Nice when they go the extra mile for you:thumbsup2.

I'll miss staying onsite @ RPR (Loews treats us so well there) but just cannot skip opportunity to do the Sunrise Safari! If new HP Gringotts ride is in soft opening we'll just drive up after the Safari day to check it out.

Thanks to all who posted here with info. now all I need to do is find out what food they have for picky DH who only eats toast, fruit & bacon. as breakfast food;) and try to get some FP & ADRs.

Will you do me a favor, when you're on the phone with MS? Could you ask if they will do the Safari on Thanksgiving morning? We're at BCV on Wednesday night, but I'd move over to AKL a day early to do the Sunrise Safari. And probably make someone very happy to get the BCV ressie.

Called this morning and was able to book the Tour for the morning of 6/8. Very excited! :thumbsup2

And I'm sorry, moreisgood, I didn't see your post before I called this morning, so I didn't get a chance to ask. :sad2:

I'm so glad I was "procrastinating" work yesterday and saw this thread. My DD is going to be SOOOO excited. Mom of the Year, right here! :rotfl2:

I would like to know the answer to this too.

It is being billed as a member perk so I think it will not be available to renters

Well if we're offering conjecture my guess is that guests renting points can go on the safari, but the owning member has to book it on your behalf. Which means you'd have to give the member your credit card info and have them book it for you. I'd be somewhat surprised if this wasn't the case.

Anyway, I now have a ressie for AKV but I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving my cc to a random person. We'll see. A renter with an AKV reservation could always try calling member services, offering the resort confirmation number and asking to see if they can book the Sunrise Safari. Whether or not you get anywhere without a DVC member #, IDK.

Well if we're offering conjecture my guess is that guests renting points can go on the safari, but the owning member has to book it on your behalf. Which means you'd have to give the member your credit card info and have them book it for you. I'd be somewhat surprised if this wasn't the case. Anyway, I now have a ressie for AKV but I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving my cc to a random person. We'll see. A renter with an AKV reservation could always try calling member services, offering the resort confirmation number and asking to see if they can book the Sunrise Safari. Whether or not you get anywhere without a DVC member #, IDK.
No harm in giving it a try but generally member perks you have to present your member I'd and proof of who you are to claim them. Let us know how y get on trying to book. Also if your owner could book it for you you could use PayPal and not have to give out any CC details .

I see this as like the top of the world lounge which is open to members staying on points and not renters.

I am totally bummed. I called as soon at it was announced, and it was not available for the one Thursday we would be there, on June 12. The cast member told me to call back, so maybe I called too early? It would be perfect to go on June 12, because not only are we on vacation at AKV, but it is our 36th wedding anniversary! I think I'll try calling again.

I was able to book it today for October 23! I can't link it to MDE for some reason, but I have a conformation number so I assume I am all good:)

I was told that I could link it through MDE as a note (just creating a time / date event). It does not pull it up from the confirmation number, but I included the confirmation number in my note. I had never added a "note" before, but it does line it up in order of all my other reservations, which is nice.

I had a unique situation when I called to book. I am a DVC owner, but I exchanged into AKV through RCI. I did use my points to add a few days at AKV to my trip, but none of those days were on a Thursday or Sunday. My question to the CM was, can I still book the Sunrise Safari if I am staying at AKV, but not staying on points. The CM did not know, and had to ask a supervisor. I was on hold quite a while (I would say somewhere around 10 to 15 minutes) before they had an answer. They said I could, but were very clear that I had to be a DVC owner. They took my membership number (again) and also took my reservation number. The entire thing cost $218.33 for 3 people (2 adults and a child). They told me that I had to be at the community hall at Kidani by 7:00 am, and not to be late. I will reconfirm when we get there (particularly after seeing other reports of other meeting times and locations).

I was told that I could link it through MDE as a note (just creating a time / date event). It does not pull it up from the confirmation number, but I included the confirmation number in my note. I had never added a "note" before, but it does line it up in order of all my other reservations, which is nice.

I had a unique situation when I called to book. I am a DVC owner, but I exchanged into AKV through RCI. I did use my points to add a few days at AKV to my trip, but none of those days were on a Thursday or Sunday. My question to the CM was, can I still book the Sunrise Safari if I am staying at AKV, but not staying on points. The CM did not know, and had to ask a supervisor. I was on hold quite a while (I would say somewhere around 10 to 15 minutes) before they had an answer. They said I could, but were very clear that I had to be a DVC owner. They took my membership number (again) and also took my reservation number. The entire thing cost $218.33 for 3 people (2 adults and a child). They told me that I had to be at the community hall at Kidani by 7:00 am, and not to be late. I will reconfirm when we get there (particularly after seeing other reports of other meeting times and locations).

when I booked yesterday was told it was only for members staying @ AKV via points or cash. Since you are DVC and staying there, likely covered the bases.

was instructed to confirm when we check in, but that we would be meeting @ Jambo's savannah desk @ 6:45 am (which I cannot place in my mind despite several stays there, but near checkin) and the buses would leave @ 7 am - sharp.

perhaps the varying checkin information stems from fact that different buses will be running from jambo & kadini?

I wish they would be consistent in what they are telling people about check in! It is aggravating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter