Sunrise Safari for 5 yr old?

akdeputydog

Mouseketeer
Hi all -
I have heard the sunrise safari is wonderful and I don't doubt it...but would you go if the only reason you were going was for a 5-yr-old's (not early to rise either) benefit. We'll be staying at AKL CL and I'm considering it but honestly my DH won't want to rise that early and my DD5 will be a sleepy head. While the expereince sounds great DH and I won't get much "wow" factor ourselves out of it since we've done sunrise safaris in South Africa (pre-DD). So with that in mind would you spend the $/time and wake a 5-yr-old up a few hours early just for her to experience it?

We take our now three old on it and he loves it we are not early risers either. It is all we can do to get up for that. We love it but have never been on safaris in South Africa so I can not compare but after doing the sunrsie we will not do the regular one. THe sunrise is so much better plus you get a grat breakfast afterwards.

Yes, it most definently has the WOW factor.:thumbsup2 Your sleepyheads can sleep in another day.;)

DH is a super early riser for work but on vacation it is like pulling teeth to get him up early. We are staying AKL CL next month and DH said we should def do this Safari, who knows when we will get the chance to do it again. Plus he made me promise that after breakfast we would go back to the resort and hang by the pool until dinner!

Is the Sunrise Safari only available to AKL CL guests? We will be staying at the YC/CR both CL and would really like to participate in the safari. TIA

Yes, this particular tour is only available to guest staying at AKL Club Level.

If you think your child will be able to get up and make the trek without being cranky ( or the adults for that matter ) I'd do it.

I am not a morning person and it would have to be really fantastic to get me out of bed for sunrise.

Hi all -
I have heard the sunrise safari is wonderful and I don't doubt it...but would you go if the only reason you were going was for a 5-yr-old's (not early to rise either) benefit. We'll be staying at AKL CL and I'm considering it but honestly my DH won't want to rise that early and my DD5 will be a sleepy head. While the expereince sounds great DH and I won't get much "wow" factor ourselves out of it since we've done sunrise safaris in South Africa (pre-DD). So with that in mind would you spend the $/time and wake a 5-yr-old up a few hours early just for her to experience it?

...I don't know - I'd think it'd be kinda hard to 'compete with the real-deal'.....:confused3 JMHO.....

And for the Sunset (Wanyama) Safari there is a minimum age of 8. $160 if Club Level, over $200 if staying at AKL

Is the Sunrise Safari only available to AKL CL guests? We will be staying at the YC/CR both CL and would really like to participate in the safari. TIA

Guests staying Club Level at any resort can book the Wildlife Discovery Excursion through their IPO. There are two safaris a day. It the same safari, but does not include the buffet breakfast.

Guests staying Club Level at any resort can book the Wildlife Discovery Excursion through their IPO. There are two safaris a day. It the same safari, but does not include the buffet breakfast.

Thanks John's Mom.:thumbsup2 I will definitely put this on our list and let the IPO make the ressie for us. Too bad we aren't going until 2010.:sad2: Yes, I am one those people who plan way in advance.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter