Sungela's PJ & TR Merged! Finally an Update! Faux Disneymoon Time

Ahh I love this installment!!!!!!!! The dance is great!!!!!!! So funny. I like the videos! You and Angela are so cute together. You two really do fit together. You look like you were made for each other and I am sure you both were!! Your marriage will last forever! :lovestruc

Sunny,

Just caught up on everything, it's amazing how much you miss when you are gone just for a couple days...Ok, first of all, I LOVE the bright colors at the reception, and all of the candy!! That candy bar looked awesome!!! :thumbsup2 The video with your brother was hilarious!!:lmao: Your reception really looked like a good time!!!:banana: :banana:

HILARIOUS! I LOVE you and your brother's dance, it looks like so much fun! That alone indicates what an awesome reception you had. And my favorite part is the girl dancing on the sweetheart table platform in the background the whole time! Awesome! :rotfl:

Y'all gotta keep up :rotfl: That wasn't a lone BM, that was Sunny's mom right?! She was just dancing along with her kids :goodvibes :lovestruc WOW, what a great installment!! How can I possibly write an interesting trip report when this one is on the boards :confused3 :worship: I loved it and my DH hung around to see it and the video too :love:

What an awesome party!!! :rotfl: That dance with your brother was wonderful! And the turkey baster! :lmao: if it were me, i'd have died of embaressment. If i had been a quest.. i'd have died laughing! Too funny!!

YAY for another installment!! I love you TR, it is so fun to read! Your wedding looked like it was so much fun! :goodvibes

We're not dance-y either. I can't move the top half of me and the bottom half of me at the same time. So I'll bob and move my arms around and then realize, oh wait, the bottom half of me isn't moving... oops, gotta move that. Oh wait, the top half isn't moving...

:rotfl:

Sunny - LOVE the toasts. too cute! Hey, quick question - where did you get your bouquet inspirations? I love the little green stems/leafs that make them look like a ball -- very unique and pretty. Did Disney floral do that for you?

Hooray! Another exciting installment of the Sungela saga! Can you tell I'm subscribed to this thread?

Sometimes I think I should document my real life. All the craziness that I seem to inspire...

Great insert! I love the colors you two used! It's def. a nice break from the lighter colors that everyone is so used to seeing at weddings. Elegance can be bright!

It looks like you guys really had the wedding of your dreams! Congratulations.. I hope the rest of your lives are just as happy as your wedding day!:flower3:

You're so sweet! Pastels are lovely, but just not us. And besides, what would we do with the leftovers? Our house is decorated in bright blue and lime green; coral wouldn't exactly fit in.

What was Cliff thinking about the turkey baster? Oh no!! :sad2: Loved, loved, loved the dance video, how cute! You guys were jammin'...your reception seems like so much fun! wish I was there!! Can't wait for the next installment..no pressure. Hint, hint!! :surfweb:

I love that boy, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't pre-think anything.

HILARIOUS! I LOVE you and your brother's dance, it looks like so much fun! That alone indicates what an awesome reception you had. And my favorite part is the girl dancing on the sweetheart table platform in the background the whole time! Awesome!

We had a ball. With all that candy and alcohol, how could we not? :lmao:

Read down below for more info on said girl...

The lone BM is my favorite part of that too!!! Dance, dance, then- what's this??? Something to do? Pick up bag, dance another second, run off platform.

She actually stepped on my ketubah, then moved it over and pretended like she didn't do it! :rotfl: You can totally tell I'm related to her.

I LOVE your dance with your brother.....It cracked me up!

I know, we totally have such dancing skills, right?

Ahh I love this installment!!!!!!!! The dance is great!!!!!!! So funny. I like the videos! You and Angela are so cute together. You two really do fit together. You look like you were made for each other and I am sure you both were!! Your marriage will last forever!

Thank you so much! We are so lucky to have found each other so early in our lives.

Sunny,

Just caught up on everything, it's amazing how much you miss when you are gone just for a couple days...Ok, first of all, I LOVE the bright colors at the reception, and all of the candy!! That candy bar looked awesome!!! :thumbsup2 The video with your brother was hilarious!!:lmao: Your reception really looked like a good time!!!:banana: :banana:

I hate/love coming back to so many TRs and PJs to read. I felt like that after we got back from WDW--I wanted to see what had happened when I was gone, but I had all this pressure to write my own TR!

The turkeybaster!!!:lmao: Sounds like a dinner conversation at my house:rotfl: my poor dad!;)

Awesome update---more!:surfweb:

Oy, oy, oy! I try not to be that mean to my poor father.

Y'all gotta keep up :rotfl: That wasn't a lone BM, that was Sunny's mom right?! She was just dancing along with her kids :goodvibes :lovestruc WOW, what a great installment!! How can I possibly write an interesting trip report when this one is on the boards :confused3 :worship: I loved it and my DH hung around to see it and the video too :love:

You win! That was my mom dancing oh so skillfully behind us. I think that's my favorite part of the movie--it cracks me up every time!

And I think your TR is awesome!

What an awesome party!!! :rotfl: That dance with your brother was wonderful! And the turkey baster! :lmao: if it were me, i'd have died of embaressment. If i had been a quest.. i'd have died laughing! Too funny!!

I think I was somewhere between feeling totally embarassed and laughing hysterically. I just couldn't believe that my wedding was so... interesting.

YAY for another installment!! I love you TR, it is so fun to read! Your wedding looked like it was so much fun! :goodvibes

I'm glad you're enjoying reading along! We wanted to have a fun wedding, and I definitely think we succeeded.

Sunny - LOVE the toasts. too cute! Hey, quick question - where did you get your bouquet inspirations? I love the little green stems/leafs that make them look like a ball -- very unique and pretty. Did Disney floral do that for you?

Disney floral did it all. We told them we wanted bridesmaid-sized versions of the tropical bouquet, but with brighter colors. Do you want me to find the exact name of the flowers?

Wow, this is the best installment yet!

My DH even read along for part of it, and got to see your awesome dancing skills!

I don't know that any TR will ever measure to yours!

Can't wait for more more more!!

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Sungela in a baby carriage! :laughing:

This was a great installment! I love it!

Sunny, this installment made my weekend (it was a rough one)! I had wondered what you and Angela had in that first picture oh-so-long ago. I *never* would have guessed.

Oh, good laughs! (Read: GREAT)

Wow, this is the best installment yet!

My DH even read along for part of it, and got to see your awesome dancing skills!

I don't know that any TR will ever measure to yours!

Can't wait for more more more!!

I don't know... I think Val's will be fun! There aren't enough DL TRs on here. And I want to live through her experience, because I've never even been there.

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Sungela in a baby carriage! :laughing:

This was a great installment! I love it!

You would fit right in with our friends. Oy vey...

Sunny, this installment made my weekend (it was a rough one)! I had wondered what you and Angela had in that first picture oh-so-long ago. I *never* would have guessed.

Oh, good laughs! (Read: GREAT)

Sorry about your weekend! I wasn't sure if that teaser pic would attract any attention, but who would have ever guessed that would happen?

popcorn:: Did you forget us??? Waiting for more....:upsidedow

Hi Sunny!

Hope you had a great weekend!! Waiting for the next installment!!! Hint hint!!! How was that for being blunt??!! :lmao:

You are fiends, all of you! My brother is visiting for the week, and he is a computer hog. Our computer room also doubles as our second bedroom, so I've had limited access for the past couple of days. I'll try to write as much as I can, though, because I start really working on Monday, and I doubt I'll have much TR writing time. But at least with this installment, the wedding day is over. Kind of bittersweet, actually. You know what that means: time to go back to Disney!

If the beginning of the reception was relatively relaxed, what with our nonchalant entrance into the pre-reception and two plates of food at the ready, the end of the reception was anything but. Misty needed to take a few more pictures, the cameraman wanted us to film a “running into the sunset” scene, and we had lots of people to say goodbye to. We somehow managed to get it all done, albeit with Misty and the camera guy staying overtime, and the bus leaving 15 minutes late. Angela and I regrouped back in the reception room, where the magical Disney folk were busy transforming our sunshiney rainbow bright paradise into someone else’s (decidedly duller) dream. No sooner had we started to gather the leftover candy (some of which I still have, one whole month later), then we realized that Angela’s mother had taken all our stuff back to the All Star.

I know she was trying to do us a favor, but she had taken everything we needed to check into the hotel: IDs, credit cards, reservation numbers. We frantically called her (thank heavens we still head a cell phone). Few minor, insignificant logistical problems: she was on a bus headed to the other side of the vast Disney property; the only person who had a car to drive was Angela’s father (Angela’s mom can’t drive), and he had consumed no less than nine beers, and, oh yeah, did I mention, I was wilting, stuck in my dress in the 100 degree heat with a tiara on my head, dying to be freed?

Thankfully (I love you, bus driver!), the bus driver agreed to cart our stuff back with him. Turns out, somebody had also taken the boys’ tux bags, and they needed to return their rentals before they headed out to the airport. So I sat waiting in my hot dress, chatting with those friends of ours that were caravanning to the Orlando airport. They had apparently been talking with one of the bellboys, who had heard tale of a wedding toast involving a turkeybaster…. I guess we’ve become Disney legends already!

After an eternity of waiting, exhausted, disheveled, in the humid Florida heat, the bus came back with our bags. Another bellman grabbed all of our pre-checked bags, and we headed to reservations. No suite upgrade, but we did have an amazing view. We settled into our beautiful room in the Big Pine Key, and resisted, with as much strength as we could muster, the urge to nap. We both figured that we would not wake up from any nap within the time required to attend our Dessert Party, and we could hold out just a little longer at the prospect of so much yumminess.

So instead, we sifted through our gifts and all the notes in our box. Of course, no one followed the carefully written prompts. I didn’t want mere congratulations, people! I wanted fun stories and pithy quotations. And none of the special people (read: bridal party, parents) had written anything. Granted, they were pretty busy doing our bidding (or dancing), but I would have liked something. I use the box for mementos now, though, so all is not lost.

Because we hadn’t gotten into the room until after 4, and we had to be on the bus sometime after 7, we didn’t really have that much time to veg. After showering—I hate the feeling of old hair spray on my head—we got dressed and ready to eat. I had figured we’d order dinner into our room, but we weren’t that hungry, and crackers and pieces of leftover cake from the reception were more than enough to tide us over. (We weren’t supposed to have any leftover when we switched to the smaller cake, but we still had two or three slices left.)

I was a little confused when we got to the designated bus area. I didn’t realize that the Disney Cruise Line bus was doubling as our transport, but the fine Disney folks helped us out. We stopped off at ASM first and gathered almost everybody. It was nice to see my friends and family in a more casual setting (even though I was still wearing my tiara). My person of honor, Jess, was so trashed that she had to be carried off the bus coming from the reception, and she decided to sleep off her stupor rather than join us. Everyone else, though, had sobered up decently.

The bus driver asked us if we were waiting for anyone, and we did a quick look around, and thought we were good to go. So of course, as soon as drive off, someone asked, “Where’s the rabbi?” We had forgotten the rabbi and his wife. I called them; they had missed the bus by a minute or two, and figured they’d just hop on a bus to Epcot. What did I say in my welcome letter? Can you miss the bus and still go to the party? That’s a big N-O. But we’re good-hearted people, so we went back for them, meaning that we were late to the DP and missed out on a few extra minutes of food. I could have had so much more mousse if they had only called my cell phone when they saw the bus take off. Grr…

We had one person to pick up at CBR (everyone else had already flown back), so we collected her and headed to the backstage of Epcot. The bus ride was pretty baudy, as is usual for my family. I don’t remember specifics other than some dirty jokes and lots of laughs, and I think that the bus driver put on Enchanted at some point. I love that movie.

It was kind of cool to see the behind-the-scenes area of Epcot, even if it was a little dirty/non-magical. We met our tour guide, who walked us briskly to the American Adventure rotunda. Although it was no longer raining, I guess it had been a close enough call that they put our food inside. I’m glad they did, because it meant we didn’t have any bug issues.

The food was, to put it mildly, absolutely and amazingly delicious. I could just eat that mousse and whipped cream for the rest of my life, at least if they had those raspberries to go with it. (One of our guests ate a whole coneful of the whipped cream because he thought it was the vanilla mousse.) I didn’t partake of the cheese, but I heard many a contented ooh and aah. They also had tons of cool syrups for the coffee and tea, but I was very happy with my swizzle stick. So good. All of our guests were also suitably impressed with the backstage access. If you can afford it, I heartily recommend having a Dessert Party. Our wedding was one-hundred percent perfect in every possible way, but the DP was just over-the-top Disney magical.

All too soon, we had to go outside for the fireworks. I think people were a little upset that they had to leave the food behind (I know I was, even though I was so stuffed I felt like I would never be hungry again), but they soon forgot their disappointment when we arrived (ten seconds later) at Italy Isola. Angela’s tall enough that fireworks viewing is never a problem, but I’m always stuck behind some freakishly huge person who is just a few inches away from blocking the sun, let alone fireworks. So I was very happy to have a private, unimpeded view.

I do not at all regret not having photography coverage of the Dessert Party—I was happy to watch the fireworks, and I was in no mood to get dolled up again. But it does mean that I don’t have very many pictures to share.

BackofHeads.jpg

You can see me in the left-background, in the green shirt, leaning on my new wife:
Fire.jpg

After the fireworks, we trudged back on the bus, most of us barely awake, although I think I took the prize for most exhausted. I’m glad that the Grand Floridian was the last stop, because we had the opportunity to say goodbye to everyone individually. Almost all of our guests flew out on Monday morning, so the only people we’d see again were Angela’s parents. My parents were supposed to stay and have breakfast with us on Monday, but the Magical Express insisted they get on the bus at 10, and with Disney transport the way it is, they didn’t think they could make a 9 AM reservation.

So goodbye and goodnight to all our guests. We drove back to the GF, catching the last few minutes of Magic Kingdom’s fireworks. And the newlyweds began their happily ever after by falling fast asleep.

Up next: Faux Disneymoon, Day 1: Just because this meal cost $300 does not mean we shouldn’t spill crumbs all over ourselves.

Great installment, can't wait to read more!

Glad you were able to get all you needed to check into your room! That could have been a disaster!

WOW...has it been a month already?!! You old married couple you!! :love: Another great installment, Sunny! Thanks for sharing. :flower3: I have to admit though, I'm sad it's almost over!!! You're right, you need to go back so I can live through your writing again. Can't wait to hear all about your Disneymoon!!popcorn::

Oooh, sounds like it was stressful, that is, until you got to the chocolate mousse part :p What do you mean by "faux" honeymoon??

Great installment Sunny! :thumbsup2 Sounds like the dessert party was the perfect ending to the day. Sounds pretty darn delicious too! :rotfl:

Yay for the latest installment!!!! I loved it. You should write a book. You are good at this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter