Sungela's PJ & TR Merged! Finally an Update! Faux Disneymoon Time

Btw, didn't get to go through all your pics (need to get other stuff done here today...bummer!) but what I did see are BEAUTIFUL!!! You are going to have a tough time picking them for sure. Do you have to pick a certain amount for an album? We had to stay within a certain number and then it was a la carte....good luck choosing, if so!!!

I haven't commented yet but everything looks wonderful. I really love the bubble pics...but I must say that I'm surprised that your Penn contingency didn't throw toast...:rotfl:

btw, I love the vibrant blues and oranges, and your misty pics are fab!!! :thumbsup2

the pics look really amazing. you two look so much in love!

i might need to catch up, but did disney set up the candy buffet for you? that looks like so much fun!

I'm getting ready to go to your link now. :cool1:
You guys are like, celebrities now to me.. hehe. First lesbians to marry in Disney.
Must convince wife that we need to follow in your footsteps.
:tink:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked through the pics last night for awhile and then this morning! I love the pics where you and Angela are dancing and the light makes your veil all pink!! The last ones I viewed (and believe, I haven't see all of them) were the couple pics :lovestruc Those were just great!!! :goodvibes Y'all took wonderful pictures on the beach together!

Now, what do you mean by semi-private reception?? Surely, no strangers could happen on your ballroom and crash the party, right? It looked like a fabulous time was had by all! I really want to know what was said at toast time too :flower3: :rolleyes1

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Sunny! :grouphug:

Wow Sunny,

Everything looks so fabulous! Can't wait to read more. Your pics are amazing. I'll have to stop back to view more (sneeking on the Dis while I'm working, like so many others, lol). Congrats on everything!

WOW:worship: beautiful pictures, Misty did a great job not to say that both of you look stunning! So many pictures you will never be able to choose :rotfl2: I just love the Happy feet one that is too cute. You look so happy, she looks so happy, actually everyone looked and must feel the love you both have for each other cause everyone seemed very happy for both of you. These pictures must bring back memories of that amazing day, it brought me tears and I do not know you but you can feel the love you both have for one another through the pictures, WONDERFUL. You are going to inspire a lot of people. Congratulation!!!

:love:

I'm still going through pictures now (in fact, I stopped during your first dance to read your post). They are fantastic! I've been waiting for this day for months, so to finally see them... wow.

I finally got to see you in the dress... in its entirety! It was perfect. I can't believe it weighed as much as it did, because it certainly looks weightless. It was breathtaking. I wish I had had the opportunity to at least try it on in my travels. It looked, YOU looked gorgeous in it.

I loved your centerpieces and tables! Now, that's what we were looking for. Hopefully, our baskets full of games and toys will have the same effect on people.

We're not dance-y either. I can't move the top half of me and the bottom half of me at the same time. So I'll bob and move my arms around and then realize, oh wait, the bottom half of me isn't moving... oops, gotta move that. Oh wait, the top half isn't moving...

So we're not going with the dancing lessons either. It's not just you!

The thing I always worry about at weddings is boredom and blah. There was *NO* boredom OR blah at your wedding. Amazing.

Off to go finish the pictures!

I love your decor!!! it looks so great and fun!! party:
:dance3: Also totally agree on the dance, I'm cutting ours down to approx 30 seconds because that's all the embarrassment I can stand!!:dance3:
congrats!!

I was so excited to see a new post!

Yay!

You guys look so sweet, and I love your centerpieces.

I was quite thrilled to see the ping pong table.

Val, what do you think? Outside on the terrace? At the Grand? :thumbsup2

Gorgeous pictures! Love your candy bar, I think that is one of the coolest things i've seen, next to your ping-pong table of course.

can't wait to hear more!

Wow everything looks great beautiful and elegent but still fun! Can't wait to read more!

Love them!!
I think my favorites are the ones that say just married with just your feet... soooooo pretty!!!!!!!!! (oh, and I also really liked the baby ducks....)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tables, however I don't think Chris will go for that.... I'll be living vicariously thru your tables!

Angela ran into those duckies during her solo photo shoot, which is so cute, because she loves little animals (more than people, in fact).

Love the pictures, scratched the surface, but . . . must. . . . get . . . .work. . . .done. . . . . . . .today.......

Dang that crafty woman, she's made it impossible to copy images off her website! Even by printing the page as a PDF! I wanted to save some of your table pictures because we may do something similar, I really like it. Also we may just go with the white tables and a small bright runner and multi-colored napkins.

I knew you would, but you both look amazing! Such a disconnect seeing two women in wedding gowns holding ping-pong paddles, it's difficult to register for some reason, don't think I've seen it before, don't think I'll see it again, an it will probably be one of those weird random images that flash through my mind in my dying moments. So happy for both of you! :cool1:

I promise to post pics in her when I get my CD, especially of us playing ping pong. I love the juxtaposition of fancy dress and ping pong paddle. Oh, and of the decor, just for you. ;p

Sunny, you guys look abosolutely gorgeous! You look just like a princess.

Thank you! I felt like such a princess...

your pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I truly believe that you have paved the way for other same sex couples to follow their dreams and get married at disney too!

Your reception looked absolutely funtastic! I love all the bright colors and the candy centerpieces. Everything came together so nicely :goodvibes

Thanks! I can't recommend a DFTW enough--I hope someone else I know will invite me to another Disney wedding. I'd love to just go as a guest.

Your Misty pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the recpetion decorations and that ping pong table! Everything was so beautiful!!!! can't wait to hear more!

Thank you! Misty is amazing.

the candy centerpieces are awesome!
and it's so perfect that angel came on in the limo - definitely a great sign

It was so cool, so perfect, so us. :cloud9:

Pre reception? Wish we had known about that when we were married almost 8 years ago...we could have used it for sure! It's such a busy day running from here to there, you almost don't get a lot of time together so it was nice you had some extra time mingling and enjoyed each other!!! Love the pics of the first dance, you girls look so in love. :lovestruc Can't wait for the next installment...maybe we'll get to see that ping pong table in use? :confused3 Thanks for sharing....your TR has been great to follow, I find myself bummed when you're done and I have to wait for the next installment!!

I can't wait to post the Misty pics of us playing ping pong--they are hilarious!

Sunny your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I love the one of your feet and the just married! that would be perfect for announcements. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! I LOVE the way your decor turned out. The chair covers and overlays definatly made the colors pop.

The beach ones are some of my favorite too. Misty did the best job.

Btw, didn't get to go through all your pics (need to get other stuff done here today...bummer!) but what I did see are BEAUTIFUL!!! You are going to have a tough time picking them for sure. Do you have to pick a certain amount for an album? We had to stay within a certain number and then it was a la carte....good luck choosing, if so!!!

I can't imagine how I will choose. I want them all! Except I don't have enough wall space...

I haven't commented yet but everything looks wonderful. I really love the bubble pics...but I must say that I'm surprised that your Penn contingency didn't throw toast...:rotfl:

btw, I love the vibrant blues and oranges, and your misty pics are fab!!! :thumbsup2

Funny you should say that! The two people who showed up late did bring toast, but they were too late to throw it. I'm glad, too, because I didn't want crumbs all over me. :lmao:

the pics look really amazing. you two look so much in love!

i might need to catch up, but did disney set up the candy buffet for you? that looks like so much fun!

They set it up for us, ordered all the boxes and the candy and everything. I love Disney's minimum--it made it easier to convince my parents they needed to splurge. :rotfl2:

I'm getting ready to go to your link now. :cool1:
You guys are like, celebrities now to me.. hehe. First lesbians to marry in Disney.
Must convince wife that we need to follow in your footsteps.
:tink:

Absolutely, you must! I'm so excited that you started a PJ.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked through the pics last night for awhile and then this morning! I love the pics where you and Angela are dancing and the light makes your veil all pink!! The last ones I viewed (and believe, I haven't see all of them) were the couple pics :lovestruc Those were just great!!! :goodvibes Y'all took wonderful pictures on the beach together!

Now, what do you mean by semi-private reception?? Surely, no strangers could happen on your ballroom and crash the party, right? It looked like a fabulous time was had by all! I really want to know what was said at toast time too :flower3: :rolleyes1

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Sunny! :grouphug:

Oy, toast is coming up. But all the reception chaos was good chaos, believe me.

Wow Sunny,

Everything looks so fabulous! Can't wait to read more. Your pics are amazing. I'll have to stop back to view more (sneeking on the Dis while I'm working, like so many others, lol). Congrats on everything!

It literally took us three hours to go through them all. I can't believe Misty took that many pics!

WOW:worship: beautiful pictures, Misty did a great job not to say that both of you look stunning! So many pictures you will never be able to choose :rotfl2: I just love the Happy feet one that is too cute. You look so happy, she looks so happy, actually everyone looked and must feel the love you both have for each other cause everyone seemed very happy for both of you. These pictures must bring back memories of that amazing day, it brought me tears and I do not know you but you can feel the love you both have for one another through the pictures, WONDERFUL. You are going to inspire a lot of people. Congratulation!!!

:love:

You are so sweet! Thanks for reading along!

I'm still going through pictures now (in fact, I stopped during your first dance to read your post). They are fantastic! I've been waiting for this day for months, so to finally see them... wow.

I finally got to see you in the dress... in its entirety! It was perfect. I can't believe it weighed as much as it did, because it certainly looks weightless. It was breathtaking. I wish I had had the opportunity to at least try it on in my travels. It looked, YOU looked gorgeous in it.

I loved your centerpieces and tables! Now, that's what we were looking for. Hopefully, our baskets full of games and toys will have the same effect on people.

We're not dance-y either. I can't move the top half of me and the bottom half of me at the same time. So I'll bob and move my arms around and then realize, oh wait, the bottom half of me isn't moving... oops, gotta move that. Oh wait, the top half isn't moving...

So we're not going with the dancing lessons either. It's not just you!

The thing I always worry about at weddings is boredom and blah. There was *NO* boredom OR blah at your wedding. Amazing.

Off to go finish the pictures!

We actually considered the games-as-centerpieces idea (we love to play board games because we're nerdy like that), but we figured it would be too much of a hassle to bring them down to Disney. If we did an at-home wedding, though, that would have been one of those tough choices. I think your wedding is going to be so much fun; your guests are lucky!

I love your decor!!! it looks so great and fun!! party:
:dance3: Also totally agree on the dance, I'm cutting ours down to approx 30 seconds because that's all the embarrassment I can stand!!:dance3:
congrats!!

Awesome--we should have done the "greatest highlights" version of the song.

I was so excited to see a new post!

Yay!

You guys look so sweet, and I love your centerpieces.

I was quite thrilled to see the ping pong table.

Val, what do you think? Outside on the terrace? At the Grand? :thumbsup2

I totally recommend ping pong. No guest will ever forget it, and everyone said we had the funnest wedding ever.

Gorgeous pictures! Love your candy bar, I think that is one of the coolest things i've seen, next to your ping-pong table of course.

can't wait to hear more!

I know, so much cool stuff! Between the candy centerpieces, the random candy on the table, the candy bar, and the ping pong table, are guests were surrounded by awesomeness. And of course, we were there... :rotfl:

Wow everything looks great beautiful and elegent but still fun! Can't wait to read more!

That's exactly how I wanted the wedding to come out!

So, first dance over, time to get toasted! Keep in mind that our best people had months to write their speeches, so naturally, Misty got some great shots of Cliff scribbling down his the morning of the wedding.

Eileen went first lest Cliff’s toast outshine hers. She told everyone how I had insisted that morning that Angela would be hungry, but they had all doubted me. Of course, I was right. As with the rabbi’s talk, she noted how perfect we are for each other and how well we fit together. I liked her quotation: you don’t marry the one you can live with, you marry the one you can’t live without. Very awww-inspiring.

EileensToast.jpg

I am well aware that this is a family board, and I do not want to run afoul of the moderators. I will thus try to be as oblique as possible when discussing the contents of the next toast.

Then Cliff took the microphone. At the rehearsal dinner, Cliff had asked me if most people knew that he will eventually be our donor. I’d said yes, because most of my family members (and all of our friends) know. I never thought much more about it.

CliffsToast.jpg

But Cliff apparently took my response as permission to do what he did next. He began his speech pleasantly enough, talking about how he first met Angela when she was a freshman at Penn, and everyone loved her for her generosity, her loyalty, and her spunk. Then she met this really smart and sexy girl in her Legal Studies class (moi), and she was smitten. And how we started dating, and we were both really good friends with him. And then he said, “But I soon realized they didn’t just want to be friends with me. They were more interested in my little men.” And he pulled out a turkeybaster. With little Mickey “swimmers” drawn on it. Angela held the “present” aloft, while I hid my head in my hands.

n604886_35277888_774.jpg

From the vantage point of today, nearly four weeks after the wedding, I laugh hysterically when I think about the toast. At that moment, all I could think about were the people who might be offended: Angela’s parents, my grandparents, the rabbi. I love Cliff, and I can’t ever stay mad at him (same with Angela; heaven help me when we have a kid). After trying so hard to ensure that my wedding would be classy, however, I just couldn’t believe that was the topic of discussion. I mean, it makes sense, given my mother’s addition to the ceremony, and the fact that so much of wedding symbolism is fertility-related. We were the first of our friends to settle down, the first to get married, and hopefully, we’ll be the first to have babies, and I think a lot of them are excited about the prospect of being surrogate aunts and uncles. But…. wow. Wow. My best man pulled out a turkeybaster with not-so-hidden Mickeys during his wedding toast!

My not-so-amused face:

n602805_35278384_7188.jpg

The laughter took a good while to subside, after which point, anyone who had not started drinking began with fervor. Let me say it again, we made good use of that open bar! Angela’s father alone had nine beers.

My cousin Rachel said the prayer over bread, and we dug into the fabulous buffet. The Mickey-roni-n-cheese was a huge hit; apparently, it had to be refilled three times in the first twenty minutes. My crepe was the yummiest thing I’ve ever eaten, and the heart-shaped risotto cakes were to die for. The milk chocolate fondue was divine.

Angela and I weren’t sure about the sweetheart table; we had initially opted to sit with our bridal party and parents, but when our guest list fell, we figured it would be silly to have half of the guests at the head table. I’m really glad, though, that we were set apart: it gave us time and space to eat! Not that we ate as much as we wanted (we both lament not going back for seconds), but we did get to taste most things.

SungelaatHeadTable.jpg

Eating our brunch was probably the calmest part of the reception; Angela and I got to chat, look at the turkeybaster in full detail, and eat. It was nice to have those 20 or so minutes just the two of us. From there on out, though, every single second was filled up. We were originally planning to do the Father/Daughter dance right after the meal ended, but Angela’s father was in the bathroom. The DJ played another song while we waited, and then we danced our combined Fathers/Daughters dance to “Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World.” Angela and her dad decided to milk the photo op, and they spent most of the song posing cheesily for the camera. My dad and I talked about how wonderful everything was, and we both teared up a little. (I’ve lost count of my crying jags).

AngelaandDadDance.jpg

SunnyandDadDance2.jpg

Then, the hora! Angela says that she converted to Judaism just for the hora, and I can believe it. We were placed on chairs—one of my uncles was trapped under my dress, so my chair tilted too much at first—and bounced around in the air. I’m glad we didn’t wait until our holders were drunk, because then I would have been even more worried.

HoraSungelaonChairs.jpg

Everyone had a blast dancing, everyone who wasn’t playing ping pong, that is. I think we danced a little more, and then it was cake-cutting time.

Angela and I had practiced our cake eating routing beforehand, and we’d agree on no smashing (well, she wanted no smashing; I think the whole licking-cake-of-each-other’s-faces-thing is hilarious). We got our cake cutting lesson, fed each other, and then I proceeded to dab frosting on her nose and lick it off. Yummy.

Who is this man, and why is he cutting my cake?
CakeCutting.jpg

Can we eat it now?

CakeCutting2.jpg

Sunny: “But it matches your outfit.” Angela: “You’ll pay for this later.”

CakeCutting3.jpg

After we were done with our chocoholic debauchery, Jennifer brought out the birthday cake for my brother and father, and we all sang to them.

BDayCake.jpg

I think at this point the DJ asked if I minded if he played some of those cheesy dances we’d vetoed (he was apparently receiving lots of requests for Cha Cha Slide), so Angela and I decided it was time for ping pong. I can’t think of a better activity to do in formalwear. I dove for the ball, got on my belly to find it under a table, and otherwise risked thousands of dollars worth of fabric to get the perfect shot. Angela and I played against each other for a while, and then teamed up against two of our friends. It was so much fun. (Sadly, you’ll have to wait until I get the CD from Misty to post pics of us playing ping pong).

A line started forming for the table, however, and it was cake eating time. You think that one little bite was enough? Yeah, right! Such good cake. I’m a little hazy on the timing after this point (hell, I’m hazy on the timing after the toasts), but I remember:

My father toasting us, with some more sweet words about how perfect we are for each other.

RichToast2.jpg

Angela’s father toasting us, starting out with, “I need to have a talk with Cliff later on.” Everyone laughed. He talked about how well we fit together (like salt and pepper, Lucy and Desi, the Lone Ranger and Tonto). At one point, he teared up, and Angela thought he was having a heart attack. I’m glad she didn’t say anything then, because that would have made for an awkward moment or two.

I toasted Angela and thanked everyone for coming, in rhyme, of course.

Sample lines:

For our bridesmaids:
To April, Eileen, and last but not least Jess,
Aren’t you so glad we picked a re-wearable dress?

For Angela:
I love the way you wake up every morning ready to eat,
And how when we play board games we both like to cheat.
I love playing with you, kayaking or having a whipped cream fight,
And how we pretend that I’m always right.
I love you forever and always, for the rest of my life,
So thank you, Angela, for becoming my wife.

There’s a lot more of it, all just as sappy. I teared up again at the end, but I held my composure for the most part.

SunnyToast.jpg

Angela and I went to the bathroom, and met another bride whose reception was in the other ballroom. While we were gone, we apparently missed my grandmother and mother boogeying with our friends to “We are Family”. Misty’s pics of the dance are definitely a little, shall we say, risqué.

Misty immediately noticed when my makeup began to run, and helped my mom to fix it/remove the rest of the eye makeup. She has such a great eye!

The DJ called for all the (gender neutral) single people to come onto the dance floor, and I tossed one of our bouquets. My brother caught it easily, which was great, because I was aiming right for him. Angela took off my garter with her teeth (I love those pics!), but when she flicked it, it fell on the floor, and our 4 year old flower girl picked it up. So no reverse garter custom for us. The DJ asked us if we wanted to redo the toss, but Emma was excited, and at that point, it would have been weird.

We did the Twist, the Chicken Dance, the YMCA, the Shout. The dance floor was never empty, and no one could say that they didn’t have a ball.

At one point, Cliff handed me a card from all of our friends and said it wasn’t parent-appropriate. I assumed he meant the words (silly me). There were pictures… dirty pictures... inside. Definitely not parent-appropriate or DisBoard appropriate. But definitely hilarious.

Throughout the whole reception, I had only two (small) glasses of Rosa Regale, and lots of water. (Given the humidity outside and my giant dress, I was very thirsty). Angela had Rosa plus one mimosa. We were by far the most sober (of age) people there. Christopher, Angela’s nephew, was pretty tipsy too, although that was because he consumed 9 lollipops, and my Uncle Jim stuffed a few more into his pocket. (He apparently continues to refer to the wedding as “Candy Day.”)

I didn’t really do the bridal hostess thing and go around to each table, but I did have a chance to ask the most staid table what they thought of Cliff’s toast (we didn’t do assigned seating, but everyone sat where I would have put them anyway). They all seemed to think it was pretty funny. So much for my fears. I’m just glad that the people who couldn’t have handled it didn’t end up coming to the wedding.

At 2:30 PM, I had requested a special song to mark what I assumed would be the most drunken, crazy half hour of our reception. Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time.” Let me explain: my brother and I have choreographed a routine to the song. We have performed it countless times in the past, I don’t know, five years. It is our song. And no wedding would be complete without it. It was glorious.

You thought I was kidding about how well I dance? And notice the "microphone" in my brother's hand...

So of course, that could only be followed by “I Had the Time of My Life,” from Dirty Dancing, with Cliff and I playing the part of Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. If you’re looking at Misty’s reception pics, and you see what looks like inappropriate physical contact between the two of us, with Angela looking on jealously, and everyone else looking on incredulously, that would be why. He’s a pretty good dancer, what can I say?

We hadn’t really wanted a lot of slow, romantic music, but it was nice to unwind a little at the end with a few slower dances. I danced with Angela again (to our song, “Angel”), and with my person of honor, Jess, and my brother. And then the last song came on, Donna Summer’s “Last Dance” (I grew up in a very disco-filled household, ok?). And we danced and danced for however ridiculously long that song is.

Coming attractions: Can I please take off this dress NOW? Followed shortly thereafter by: Uh oh. Where’s the Rabbi?

Hooray! Another exciting installment of the Sungela saga! Can you tell I'm subscribed to this thread?

Great insert! I love the colors you two used! It's def. a nice break from the lighter colors that everyone is so used to seeing at weddings. Elegance can be bright!

It looks like you guys really had the wedding of your dreams! Congratulations.. I hope the rest of your lives are just as happy as your wedding day!:flower3:

What was Cliff thinking about the turkey baster? Oh no!! :sad2: Loved, loved, loved the dance video, how cute! You guys were jammin'...your reception seems like so much fun! wish I was there!!:yay: Can't wait for the next installment..no pressure. Hint, hint!! :surfweb:

HILARIOUS! I LOVE you and your brother's dance, it looks like so much fun! That alone indicates what an awesome reception you had. And my favorite part is the girl dancing on the sweetheart table platform in the background the whole time! Awesome! :rotfl:

HILARIOUS! I LOVE you and your brother's dance, it looks like so much fun! That alone indicates what an awesome reception you had. And my favorite part is the girl dancing on the sweetheart table platform in the background the whole time! Awesome! :rotfl:

The lone BM is my favorite part of that too!!! Dance, dance, then- what's this??? Something to do? Pick up bag, dance another second, run off platform.

:rotfl:

I LOVE your dance with your brother.....It cracked me up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter