Sungela's PJ & TR Merged! Finally an Update! Faux Disneymoon Time

Sungela, I've really been enjoying your wedding story. Love both of your dresses. Sorry that you had to deal with late people adn a flower girl with the wrong dress. DH and I will be married 11 years on Sunday, so reading your story is making me reflect on our wedding. We actually got married 20 mins latered than planned because the best man and one groomsman were late. Not really sure who was more upset me or the best man's wife (a bridesmaid) since he had her panty hose. We had some friends tell us that they were running late, but figured they were ok when saw to guys in tuxs asking for directions at a gas station.

I'm thinking of a vow renewal in a couple of years at DW.

Can't wait for the next installment. Congrats!

Thanks so much for the update!

Loving your new pen! I get a pen everytime we go, and that always seems to be the thing I bring back as a trip gift.

That and Mickey Rice Krispie Treats!

Can't wait to hear the rest, 'specially about your poor bridesmaid!

Sunny,

Beautiful ceremony!! You looked so happy walking down the aisle....Sorry about the flower girl...weird....anyhoo, looking forward to more...

omg with the new subforum i've been neglecting everyones pgs and trs!! I just had about 5 pages to catch up on!! I'm actually kind of glad i didn't have to wait like everyone else!! lol :rotfl:

I'll go chronologically--

There isn't much I can say about the crazyman, other than what everyone else has said. I'm glad you didn't linger too long - people like that should be sterilized.

I adore your wedding colors and all your great DIYs! Your ketubah was particularly beautiful!! (I admit, I had to wikipedia it, I'm not too familiar with Jewish traditions). I'm also glad that your faith allows for commitment ceremonies. How wonderful that your Rabbi could join you in disney!! :cutie:

I'm glad your fg showed up! But that dress!! :eek: Oh well, if that's the worst that happened - you're lucky!

You two are the most gorgeous brides! (and I WISH I'll be that thin on my big day :rotfl:). Not sure how angela can eat so much and still look so fabulous!! I absolutely loved your dress as well! It may have been 3 thousand pounds, but you looked phenomenal!! Angela did too, but I liked your dress better (shhh don't tell). I like the color you chose as well - lovely! :dance3:

can't wait for more! Get on it girl!! :yay:

I could sit here and have eight hundred bazillion questions, but I want to wait for you to finish with all your pictures!!
I LOVE your dress. I was looking at one of the Ariel ones, and one of the Sleeping Beauty ones. Was the dress really expensive? I couldn't find prices online.
My gal and I are actually 'married' (so to speak) we did it in a tiny little service in our house three years ago, but i've ALWAYS wanted a Disney wedding.
We're going to Disney in November to celebrate our 3 year anniversary.. I'm trying to get the 'wife' more Disneyfied. ;) She's totally an "I'll wear a dress, but their is no way you'd get me in a 'Disney Dress' " kind of gal... Only thing I can get her excited about is Space Mountain.

I am loving your wedding trip report!
*waits for more*

:ccat:

I think the flower girl looked sweet, she didn't match but still she looked sweet. It wasn't her fault she didn't match. I think she looked beautiful enough inside to hide the outside of the dress. But I do understand your sadness about the wrong color. Sunny and Angela you look stunning as brides.
Lori

Loved the update Sunny! :goodvibes I love the pic of you walking down the aisle! :bride: You look so happy and gorgeous! Can't wait to read more! :surfweb:

Sunny, the ceremony was beautiful (even sans professional photographs... though I can't wait to see you in your dress, and not just parts of you in your dress!). I loved all the explanations too-- it was helpful. I went to a Jewish-Korean wedding once, and I learned a lot of it from there (they put many explanations in the program), but I definitely needed the refresher! It made the ceremony a lot better from my perspective. :)

I met with the woman who's doing my make-up for the wedding, and I mentioned you and how you didn't say anything about the make-up because you're not used to wearing it, so you weren't sure if you should or not. I told her, "I'm just like that!" I also told her, "I'm probably going to hate whatever you do, because I never wear make-up and will think I'm going to look bizarre no matter what."

She told me there are a lot of women who feel the same exact way, and she promised me she wouldn't make me look scary. :rotfl: I needed that, though. I'll still probably hate it! :)

Today's the day you've all been waiting for! Ok, the day I've been waiting for, but it's still exciting. Misty's photos are up! If you have three hours to spare, visit http://MistyMiotto.photostockplus.com/event_198783. The password is pretty easy to guess (hint: my screen name). They are amazing; it's going to be really hard to pick out my faves.

:yay: an update! Gorgeous! You are so cute always smiling!!

Bummer about the FG dress!

Cant wait for the reception!!!!

I have a certain smile that I get when I'm super-happy, which makes my eyes go squinty and my nose wrinkle. Naturally, all photos of me on the wedding day feature squinted eyes and a wrinkled nose. Lovely.

Oh Wow, everything looks beautiful (well except the pastel green flower girl, :lmao: sorry just had to say that). You looked so pretty and your hair looked great. I think those tight curls fell into pretty waves like you wanted.

Alright, as long as I wasn't the only one thinking that she didn't fit with the rest of the decor. By the end of the wedding, my hair was definitely out of the curls--and sticking to my neck. Very hot.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW You two are so freaking cute together!!! You both looked beautiful! Thank you for explaining the Jewish wedding ceremony. I have always pondered the things that you explained! I am a Sungela devotee!

If you have any other Jewish wedding questions, I'd love to help. It's so much fun to read other PJs and find out what other wedding customs exist.

Oh, WOW!! Sunny, this installment was so perfect (not that the others weren't). It means so much to know so much of what was said during your ceremony. I really, really appreciate that you are sharing it with us, so that we can share in the joy of your love and commitment to each other. Thank you for tracking down and posting a bunch of pix (I know it is time-consuming). You both looked soooo beautiful! I especially love the look of pure joy and anticipation as you walked down the aisle.

You are so sweet, as always! It takes a while, but I'm having fun reliving the day.

I'm in love with your wedding! I can't wait, I need more things to write about! Maybe as the day approaches.

Just take all those baskets Angela's mom made and ship them over here, they'll fit in nicely with our bright craziness. We're really going for bright vibrant spring, which also is similar to your tropical!

I'll loan her to you. I do not possess a single crafty bone in my body, so I am grateful for all of her work. I just love those bright colors.

I loved reading about your cermeony! It sounds wonderful! Everything looked fabulous (except the flowergril; what were they thinking?)

Can't wait to read more!

Good question.... But I guess it's one of those mishaps that I can laugh about in years to come.

What a beautiful ceremony!! Congratulations again!

Thanks!

What a beautiful ceremony you had!! Congratulations!! (sorry for the pastel green flower girl :confused: )

I can't wait to hear all about the celebrations now!! :banana:

Well, she kind of matched the WP carpet. That's something, right?

Sunny what a beautiful ceremony!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Can't wait to see the ping pong table.

Oh, it's coming!

Sunny, what an absolutely beautiful ceremony! I loved the poem, thanks for sharing!! I can't wait to hear the stories of partying like a rock star.....I feel like I was there through it all by your descriptions, you're an excellent writer. More, more!! :yay:

Thank you! This next installment is a little tame, but wait for the one after it. Oy....

How do you do it? You write so well that, with the pictures, I feel like I was with you:lovestruc :goodvibes Just can't wait to hear more!

Your ceremony was so beautiful and I printed out that lovely poem to keep!!:love:

Oh, thank you! I'm really enjoying remembering all the stuff that went on during the wedding day, but I can't believe how long it takes!

I haven't posted much on here, but I've been devouring every detail and all I can say is WOW! Every thing is so beautiful. Also, kudos to you for not going ape on the parents of your flower girl. I would have gone bridezilla on them all!!

BTW: MORE MORE MORE!!!!

I kind of wish I'd found out what she was wearing the night before, so I could have made them buy her a Tinkerbell outfit (that would have been the right color). Oh well. :lmao:

Sungela, I've really been enjoying your wedding story. Love both of your dresses. Sorry that you had to deal with late people adn a flower girl with the wrong dress. DH and I will be married 11 years on Sunday, so reading your story is making me reflect on our wedding. We actually got married 20 mins latered than planned because the best man and one groomsman were late. Not really sure who was more upset me or the best man's wife (a bridesmaid) since he had her panty hose. We had some friends tell us that they were running late, but figured they were ok when saw to guys in tuxs asking for directions at a gas station.

I'm thinking of a vow renewal in a couple of years at DW.

Can't wait for the next installment. Congrats!

Oooh, a VR sounds great! And maybe don't invite the stragglers. Another friend of mine was a groomsmen in a wedding in Mexico; he and the best man decided to spend the morning of the wedding drinking and scootering around Mexico; they got into a car accident and ended up in prison, missing the wedding. How's that for a story?

Thanks so much for the update!

Loving your new pen! I get a pen everytime we go, and that always seems to be the thing I bring back as a trip gift.

That and Mickey Rice Krispie Treats!

Can't wait to hear the rest, 'specially about your poor bridesmaid!

In the Misty photos, it seems that every candid shot of her shows a glass of wine in her hand. Guess we know how she got trashed...

the puzzle poem is beautiful!
and the train on your dress is gorgeous!

And sooo long that my darling wife stepped on it about 30,000 times. The funny part is that she tripped over her own two inch train way more than I tripped over mine.

Sunny,

Beautiful ceremony!! You looked so happy walking down the aisle....Sorry about the flower girl...weird....anyhoo, looking forward to more...

Coming up!

omg with the new subforum i've been neglecting everyones pgs and trs!! I just had about 5 pages to catch up on!! I'm actually kind of glad i didn't have to wait like everyone else!! lol :rotfl:

I'll go chronologically--

There isn't much I can say about the crazyman, other than what everyone else has said. I'm glad you didn't linger too long - people like that should be sterilized.

I adore your wedding colors and all your great DIYs! Your ketubah was particularly beautiful!! (I admit, I had to wikipedia it, I'm not too familiar with Jewish traditions). I'm also glad that your faith allows for commitment ceremonies. How wonderful that your Rabbi could join you in disney!! :cutie:

I'm glad your fg showed up! But that dress!! :eek: Oh well, if that's the worst that happened - you're lucky!

You two are the most gorgeous brides! (and I WISH I'll be that thin on my big day :rotfl:). Not sure how angela can eat so much and still look so fabulous!! I absolutely loved your dress as well! It may have been 3 thousand pounds, but you looked phenomenal!! Angela did too, but I liked your dress better (shhh don't tell). I like the color you chose as well - lovely! :dance3:

can't wait for more! Get on it girl!! :yay:

I won't tell. Angela and my divergent tastes are kind of a litmus test; our male/masculine friends all like her stuff (e-ring, wedding dress) better, and our female/feminine friends prefer mine.

I could sit here and have eight hundred bazillion questions, but I want to wait for you to finish with all your pictures!!
I LOVE your dress. I was looking at one of the Ariel ones, and one of the Sleeping Beauty ones. Was the dress really expensive? I couldn't find prices online.
My gal and I are actually 'married' (so to speak) we did it in a tiny little service in our house three years ago, but i've ALWAYS wanted a Disney wedding.
We're going to Disney in November to celebrate our 3 year anniversary.. I'm trying to get the 'wife' more Disneyfied. ;) She's totally an "I'll wear a dress, but their is no way you'd get me in a 'Disney Dress' " kind of gal... Only thing I can get her excited about is Space Mountain.

I am loving your wedding trip report!
*waits for more*

:ccat:

My dress was about $3K, which is at the high end of the Disney dresses. I think some of the Ariel ones are closer to $1,000.

I absolutely, 100% recommend a Disney wedding. Good luck convincing your wife (maybe you should do the food tasting. That gets them every time).

I think the flower girl looked sweet, she didn't match but still she looked sweet. It wasn't her fault she didn't match. I think she looked beautiful enough inside to hide the outside of the dress. But I do understand your sadness about the wrong color. Sunny and Angela you look stunning as brides.
Lori

Thanks, and you're right. I feel bad because she was so happy and excited. And hey, at least she was comfortable, which I can't say about my flower girl experiences.

Loved the update Sunny! :goodvibes I love the pic of you walking down the aisle! :bride: You look so happy and gorgeous! Can't wait to read more! :surfweb:

Loving the update!! your pics are beautiful! Everyone looks so happy and you two look stunning! :goodvibes

Thanks!

Sunny, the ceremony was beautiful (even sans professional photographs... though I can't wait to see you in your dress, and not just parts of you in your dress!). I loved all the explanations too-- it was helpful. I went to a Jewish-Korean wedding once, and I learned a lot of it from there (they put many explanations in the program), but I definitely needed the refresher! It made the ceremony a lot better from my perspective. :)

I met with the woman who's doing my make-up for the wedding, and I mentioned you and how you didn't say anything about the make-up because you're not used to wearing it, so you weren't sure if you should or not. I told her, "I'm just like that!" I also told her, "I'm probably going to hate whatever you do, because I never wear make-up and will think I'm going to look bizarre no matter what."

She told me there are a lot of women who feel the same exact way, and she promised me she wouldn't make me look scary. :rotfl: I needed that, though. I'll still probably hate it! :)

Good idea! Angela was smarter than me: she said she wanted to look glam, but with natural colors. I probably should have said I wanted to look soft and romantic, because then the makeup wouldn't have looked as dark. (And even though I think it looks good in the pictures, now that I have them, I still prefer the ones from the end of the party when the makeup had worn off).

:worship:
Love them!!
I think my favorites are the ones that say just married with just your feet... soooooo pretty!!!!!!!!! (oh, and I also really liked the baby ducks....)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tables, however I don't think Chris will go for that.... I'll be living vicariously thru your tables!

After we finished smooching (I believe Angela’s mother said something to the effect of, “That’s enough, girls!”), we sashayed back down the aisle as married folks. Just like when I walked down as a single girl, I spent the whole time laughing, although I don’t remember why. It is quite possible that Angela stepped on my train.

Like all other Wedding Pavilion couples, we were whisked off to the side for photos while our friends and family amassed for the staged exit. The sky was perfectly blue, and we definitely exuded the “We just got married!” glow.

When the bubblers were in place, the Disney people radioed over, and we walked over—Angela tripping on her dress most of the way—to meet our guests.
Pascal-WoodhallWedding2008030.jpg

All the bubbles:
WeddingProps011.jpg

My family is big on bubbles, and everyone looked so happy and pretty, the orange yarmulkes shimmering in the bright sunshine.

The bubble chorus line:

Bubbles.jpg

Bubbles2.jpg

More smooching:
Kiss.jpg

As we neared the end of the gauntlet, where our parents and bridal party stood, the Penn contingent of our wedding (about 1/3 of the total guests) burst out in our fight song (Hurrah, hurrah, Pennsylvania! Hurrah for the red and the blue!). Like many college fight songs, it involves a fair amount of fist pumping, and Angela and I got into the act with our bouquets held aloft. Angela had mentioned before that she wanted to sing the Hurrah at the wedding, but I expected it would be part of the reception. Instead, our people of honor (all but two of whom are Penn grads or current students) conspired to serenade us as we were bubbled. We also noticed, getting out of their car, two of our friends that had missed the wedding because they were so late. At least they got there in time for the food.

Laughing at the absurdity of the Penn fight song and the tardiness of our friends, Angela and I performed the trademark sit and swish to get into the limo (she sat on my dress most of the ride, which I still find kind of funny). We waved goodbye (See ya real soon!), and I noticed that the song playing in the limo was our song. Not our first dance song, but Sarah McLachlan’s Angel, the song that I most associate with our relationship, the song we wake up to every morning, and the song that we would have used for our first dance if we hadn’t discovered it was about overdosing (see PJ, page whatever, for more information). At first, I thought that someone had purposely popped in the CD, but we realized it was just playing on the radio. We were amazed; it was such a perfect sign.

We circled the parking lot, listening to our song, and then got back to the Wedding Pavilion to begin more picture taking. First up, my family (there were a lot more of us). My sister began griping again, and at one point, pretty much refused to take any more photos. Oh well. She chose to elope, and so missed out on all the fun photo ops (and the gifts), which was her loss. But being so jealous as to be unsupportive at my wedding wasn’t the most mature strategy. Luckily, we had so many people that were itching to be in pictures that we didn’t need her for very long, and she was soon free to abscond to the Grand Floridian to eat. Picture-taking time actually ran pretty smoothly after that; there were only minor mishaps. My brother accidentally left with my parents, so he’s not in the bridal party shots, but maybe I’ll figure out how to PhotoShop him in. Misty kept saying, “Sunny’s family” when she meant “Sheri’s family” (my mom’s side), so my father’s parents were a little flustered about where they were supposed to be. But my family wasn’t as bad about being herded as they could have been, and we stuck to our time schedule. Misty took a few shots of Angela and me on the GF beach until the Disney people and the incoming storm clouds reminded us to get moving to our pre-reception. We had originally intended to spend a few minutes just the two of us in the WP bridal vestibule to fulfill the Jewish tradition of yichud (during which you can, um, consummate the marriage), but we never got the chance. Given that all the food was over at the pre-reception, I don’t think Angela minded skipping it.

Back to the limo (Angela sitting on my dress again), and over to the GF! I was very glad, given Saturday night’s events, that the reception was held in a semi-private location. First, Jennifer met us with a plate of food for a very grateful Angela, and ushered us into our reception room to see everything before the guests arrived. There are no words for how awesome the reception room looked. It was beyond awesome, beyond perfect. It was as if Disney had turned all of our wildest wedding visions into reality (which come to think of it, they did).

Everything was bright-colored. The centerpieces were piled high with sugary goodness, although not so high that our guests couldn’t talk to each other (one of my pet peeves is centerpieces that are so tall people on the opposite side of the table are shielded from view). With the yumminess sprinkled on the tables, it looked as if candy had exploded out of the centerpiece and flowed onto the tablecloths. I am so glad we splurged for the chair covers, too; they added the perfect extra touch.

Centerpieces.jpg

As if the tables weren’t sweet enough already, we also had the gorgeous candy bar:

CandyBuffet.jpg

And, oh yeah, the ping pong table!

Only time the thing wasn’t in use:
PingPongTable.jpg

This photo does not do the cake justice. It was so beautiful, with the colors an exact match for the rest of the wedding.

WeddingCake.jpg

After we were done oohing and aahing (for the moment, anyway), Jennifer’s assistant, Kevin, helped bustle my dress, and Angela and I went to join the pre-receptioners. We’re not super formal (I know, hard to guess, right?), and we did not want to be announced or anything like that. So we just walked into the pre-reception room. Everyone stood and applauded for us anyway, which was sweet.

Kevin holding Angela’s food—don’t even think about eating her pastry!
Pre-reception-1.jpg

I really like the idea of the pre-reception: guests get to mingle, take more pictures, and start in on the eating and drinking. What I had of the food was fantastic, and my family apparently required the servers to replenish the fruit in a record amount of time. The string trio played a bunch of Disney songs, which gave the room a fun feel. Ultimately, I think it was nice to have a few minutes built into the day for relaxation. People also had the time to write us love notes and put them in our box. My mom had decorated each side with different fun stuff that represented us (Disneyish, weddingy, beachy, you name it), and then bought Disney princess crayons and markers for everyone.

Top of box:
WeddingProps012-1.jpg

Inside of box:
WeddingProps014-1.jpg

All too soon, Disney ushered us from the pre-reception room down the hall to the real reception room. On the way, my (paternal) grandmother told me that she’d found a lucky penny when she walked out of the Wedding Pavilion. She is super-superstitious, and she took it to be a sign (she also kept the penny for her lucky penny collection, which is roughly large enough to pay for my college tuition; Angela was amazed she didn’t give it to us, but that’s because she doesn’t know my grandmother as well as I do).

As we walked into the reception room, amid all the oohs and aahs of our friends and family members, DJ Silva welcomed us and we started in on the first dance. Of course, he announced that it was the Shrek theme song, just in case anyone didn’t know how corny we are.

I think it’s great when people choreograph their first dance; Vanessa’s routine or Carrie’s swing looked so much better because of all their practice beforehand. Angela and I, however, are not dancers. We took salsa lessons once, and it was an unqualified disaster. Angela does not move her hips. I’m tone deaf, so the music doesn’t really help me to move. We don’t enjoy clubbing, so it’s not like we get tons of practice, either. We knew that our first dance would consist of us moving slowly in a circle, hugging, laughing, and kissing, because frankly, that’s us.

I love how this shot shows off the sweetheart table, but what is my Dad doing?
FirstDance4.jpg

Still swaying in a circle:
Firstdance2.jpg

Did you think we'd learn a new move or something?

FirstDance.jpg

Embarrassing first dance over—time for toasts!

Coming up: Little men, inappropriate hidden Mickeys, and the best? worst? most interesting? wedding toast ever given.

Love the pictures, scratched the surface, but . . . must. . . . get . . . .work. . . .done. . . . . . . .today.......

Dang that crafty woman, she's made it impossible to copy images off her website! Even by printing the page as a PDF! I wanted to save some of your table pictures because we may do something similar, I really like it. Also we may just go with the white tables and a small bright runner and multi-colored napkins.

I knew you would, but you both look amazing! Such a disconnect seeing two women in wedding gowns holding ping-pong paddles, it's difficult to register for some reason, don't think I've seen it before, don't think I'll see it again, an it will probably be one of those weird random images that flash through my mind in my dying moments. So happy for both of you! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Sunny, you guys look abosolutely gorgeous! You look just like a princess.

your pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I truly believe that you have paved the way for other same sex couples to follow their dreams and get married at disney too!

Your reception looked absolutely funtastic! I love all the bright colors and the candy centerpieces. Everything came together so nicely :goodvibes

Your Misty pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the recpetion decorations and that ping pong table! Everything was so beautiful!!!! can't wait to hear more!

the candy centerpieces are awesome!
and it's so perfect that angel came on in the limo - definitely a great sign

Pre reception? Wish we had known about that when we were married almost 8 years ago...we could have used it for sure! It's such a busy day running from here to there, you almost don't get a lot of time together so it was nice you had some extra time mingling and enjoyed each other!!! Love the pics of the first dance, you girls look so in love. :lovestruc Can't wait for the next installment...maybe we'll get to see that ping pong table in use? :confused3 Thanks for sharing....your TR has been great to follow, I find myself bummed when you're done and I have to wait for the next installment!!

Sunny your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I love the one of your feet and the just married! that would be perfect for announcements. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! I LOVE the way your decor turned out. The chair covers and overlays definatly made the colors pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter