sunflower oil allergy!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by funkychunkymonkey, Feb 21, 2011.

1. funkychunkymonkey

funkychunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what brands of chips dont contain sunflower oil? I just found out im allegric. HeLP!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brat

brat DIS Veteran

Some Kosher for passover chips are safe but read every bag since we have found different batches in different oils.

4. funkychunkymonkey

You wouldnt happen to know of popcorn free of the dreaded oil? I know our popcorn (double butter popsecret) has it.

5. J'aime Paris

J'aime Paris Living happily ever after

I buy Koepsell's cheese popcorn that is made using coconut oil. It is delicious!!

6. funkychunkymonkey

Thank you! I swear its heck to find anything that I can eat. Heck even my bread contains sunflower oil. Its so hard especally eating at my familys houses cause they just dont get it.

7. brat

brat DIS Veteran

We have kids with different allergies so I read every package coming in our house.My 5 y old told our pastor when he was asking about Bible vrs, that Mom could tell him if they were safe to eat if she looked at what they are made of...
    We love coconut oil popcorn.We loved a brand that went under last year that used coco butter as its cooking oil.

8. brat

brat DIS Veteran

Watch your pachages of Koepsells popcorn as some have sunflower oil. We just got some shipped to us by DHs parents with sunflower oil not the coconut oil.