Sunday Brunch at Narcoossee's or California Grill?

AnnaGiselle

Mouseketeer
I recently started thinking about adding brunch at either Narcoossee's or California Grill to my December trip. Our last day is a Sunday near Christmas and I'm betting it might not be a bad idea to escape the madness of the MK crowds for a relaxing late brunch. Has anyone tried these meals? I"m intrigued by both and can't decide which to do and whether they are worth the $60/person price tag!

I recently started thinking about adding brunch at either Narcoossee's or California Grill to my December trip. Our last day is a Sunday near Christmas and I'm betting it might not be a bad idea to escape the madness of the MK crowds for a relaxing late brunch. Has anyone tried these meals? I"m intrigued by both and can't decide which to do and whether they are worth the $60/person price tag!
I have not tried any of these but just to let you know, I think California Grill is $80pp. There is also a great post on California Grill Brunch on the Dining Reviews board.

I have not tried any of these but just to let you know, I think California Grill is $80pp. There is also a great post on California Grill Brunch on the Dining Reviews board.

Yes, I did search and read that one! It looked super yummy. I'm hoping to see if there are any others who have tried it as well. And yes, you're right about the price. I meant at least $60pp.

We're booked for Brunch at the Grill in November.... but plan on going to Brunch at Narcoossee's on our April 2017 trip :).
From everything we've seen? BOTH are spectacular :).

My sister & I are doing the Narcoossee's for brunch on a Sunday in October. I can't wait. Everything looks so wonderful. :)

Was looking at this too but still not sure if it is worth the price! For me Cali Grill's menu seems to appeal to me more and I prefer the view there but Narcosses is cheaper. :confused3

Was looking at this too but still not sure if it is worth the price! For me Cali Grill's menu seems to appeal to me more and I prefer the view there but Narcosses is cheaper. :confused3

I know what you mean! I'm happy that both have lobster benedict because that sounds delicious. Both have items I want to try! But the view at California Grill is awesome. I also just looked again and I guess Narcoosee's is now $69pp, so less of a price difference between the two, but that is a ridiculous price for brunch. I feel like we probably won't end up doing either brunch since we can get equivalent delicious brunch experiences at home for half the price and I just don't know if I can justify the price even if it's Disney.

We did Narcoossee's back in February and loved it. The food was excellent and I was a fan of the Bloody Mary's they kept bringing me, lol. We're trying the one at CG when we go in September.

I haven't done Narcossee's for brunch so I can't speak to that. But, we did Cali Grill brunch in Feb and it was absolutely exquisite. The food was great, the view was lovely, and the live music just gave it that added touch. The bonus was keeping the receipt to come back later and sip champagne while watching the fireworks (I think they still do this, but it's hard to keep up with the changes!). Between the actual brunch and the ability to come back and watch the fireworks from up there, it felt like it justified the price tag a little more :)

I haven't done Narcossee's for brunch so I can't speak to that. But, we did Cali Grill brunch in Feb and it was absolutely exquisite. The food was great, the view was lovely, and the live music just gave it that added touch. The bonus was keeping the receipt to come back later and sip champagne while watching the fireworks (I think they still do this, but it's hard to keep up with the changes!). Between the actual brunch and the ability to come back and watch the fireworks from up there, it felt like it justified the price tag a little more :)

So, what I'm hearing is that it really is unlimited drinks, but they don't advertise this?

I did read that you can do half order of two things if you can't decide.

It does sound lovely!

We had brunch at California Grill this past Sunday. Outstanding. To answer a few questions I saw here:

1) Mimosas were indeed unlimited!
2) you can order multiple entrées. My husband got the frittata and I got my version of the eggs benedict (scrambled eggs well done and sauce on the side) with the poached lobstor. We split the blueberry pancakes. Bacon too. All awesome.

I truly appreciated how flexible they are.

There are wedge salads on the self serve stations. I asked if they contained cheese. The chef said yes and immediately offered to make me one without, nice.

we were the second to last table to leave - we had the latest reservation slot - and not once felt rushed.

advice - it is a lot of amazing food. Try small portions (tiny even) of the self serve items. There are so many amazing things to try. Avoid seconds of items because there is a lot more coming! The bread served is very yummy and save some room for desert.

Worth every cent

You really can't go wrong with either. We have eaten at both, but not for brunch. Narcoosie's has the vibe of a great laid-back seafood restaurant on the coast. California Grill has the vibe of a bustling business restaurant (like the Capital Grille, for example), with an incredible view. Both have great service, and you will not be rushed.

We have had brunch at the Wave of American Flavors on the ground floor of the Contemporary, and we felt the food was very good (although no unlimited mimosas). It is a little less pricey. (about $30 to $35/each plus tip)

We have had brunch at the Wave of American Flavors on the ground floor of the Contemporary, and we felt the food was very good (although no unlimited mimosas). It is a little less pricey. (about $30 to $35/each plus tip)

Oh man, we went to The Wave a couple years ago and loved the breakfast buffet! It's totally worth doing again.

Going to Narcoossee's in September. Loved loved loved California Grill last week but want to try something different. That is unless we are so very lucky and manage to get a spot in the food & wine Parisian Breakfast. Don't think I can do both - one Saturday and one Sunday!

We did the CG brunch last Sunday. The food was excellent, and plentiful. We left stuffed and enjoyed all of the items -- from the sticky bun to the desserts. The pace was so relaxed, we were there for 2 hours. It is $80pp, but they accept the TIW card, which reduces it to $64pp. With tax & gratuity it is $164. My wife and I had three entrees between the two of us (fritatta, blueberry pancakes, eggs benedict), but you can try them all if you want to. Its a better view at that time of day ----- the sun isn't glaring in the window like it is at dinner time. Plus you can come back that night for the fireworks if you want to. I found it interesting that they were only using about 1/3 of the room -- just the section from the bar towards the Magic Kingdom.

If you can swing it, you should do it -- it's expensive, sos it's not an "every trip" event for us, but we are very glad we did it.

mac_tlc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter