Sun warning - no apologies

I have bought factor 50 because I have fair skin and when we're at the water parks DBF will use 50, but the rest of the time probably 30. I was wondering about discovery cove though, I read they give you factor 30, anyone got any experience of this??

I still have a couple of the 'Panama Jack' brand sachets they gave out at DC from when we went in 2011 - they are factor 30.

My foundation has an SPF15 in it, so I can use that instead of suncream which clogs my pores and makes me break out in a matter of hours. I love the spray on (no rub in) sunscreen that is sold on WDW as it means you can cover your own back without having to be a contortionist!
:rotfl2:

The Panama jack they gave out at DC was really good but we use P20 now, its expensive but if you let it dry as per the instructions (now 15 mins) then you will not burn and it does let you tan, its very strange, my son is very Ginger and fair skinned and we have used it in Turkey as well as Florida and we never burn

Thank you for the comments about DC.
In Europe I always use p20, I've bought P30 and P50 for Florida but on our DC day I'll have to use their sun cream.

I don't think I have EVER come back with a tan. I always get asked 'wasn't it sunny?':rotfl:

We always get asked this after WDW!!

We wear the all day factor 30 and also stay in the shade where possible.

On a pool holiday I don't mind laying in it a bit and getting a tan. But the last thing I want in WDW is sunburn or heat exhaustion slowing me down!

In reality tanned skin is damaged skin so the last couple of years I've really held back with tanning.

:rolleyes1 im now sneaking upstairs to remove the factor 2 hawaaian tropics oil from my toilitries bag

its my fave its all i have ever used even when i lived in qatar , packed loads of other creams f20 -f50 for everybody else so at least i have some higher factors if i think i need them

We always get asked this after WDW!!

We wear the all day factor 30 and also stay in the shade where possible.

On a pool holiday I don't mind laying in it a bit and getting a tan. But the last thing I want in WDW is sunburn or heat exhaustion slowing me down!

In reality tanned skin is damaged skin so the last couple of years I've really held back with tanning.

That's what I think as well. My skin is virtually see through on my legs (I rarely get them out!!) but the rest of me just gets the normal sort of colour you get from day to day living. I spend my whole time staying out of the sun and in AC when I'm in WDW..:goodvibes

:rolleyes1 im now sneaking upstairs to remove the factor 2 hawaaian tropics oil from my toilitries bag

its my fave its all i have ever used even when i lived in qatar , packed loads of other creams f20 -f50 for everybody else so at least i have some higher factors if i think i need them

:rotfl2: You made me laugh!!

Why don't you use the tropics oil on top of the proper SPF? As long as you apply the higher factor cream and leave it to be properly absorbed first before putting your tropics oil on you'd still be protected :)

I think it depends on your skin. I use factor 50
And never tan but I would burn easily without it. My DD is the same. My DH uses factor 30 and tans. My DS issues factor 50 and comes home a beautiful dark brown. I use a very good quality brand.

yes, it depends on your skin type..

DS will NEVER tan no matter what he does...
he has two colours - painfully white and painfully red...

he wears tons of sunscreen in an attempt to avoid burning...

DD on the other hand, who is also very fair skinned, will always tan - rarely burns....though she's very careful about using sunscreen in florida!!!

I am a childminder and vigilant with applying their sun block. As i,ve been out and about in the lovely weather in the Uk and use factor 50 on myself luckily i still go a lovely brown. I have bought ulrasun30 for holiday as its supposed to lighter to wear

We normally use P20 which works well for us, but I don't like to put it on my face - could anyone please recommend a good high factor sunscreen suitable for your face. Sorry for the hi-jack but it's something that's concerning me as I'll have a scar on my face as just had a cyst removed :sick:- I intend to ask when stitches come out next week if they could recommend anything, but all advise welcome.
Thanks

We normally use P20 which works well for us, but I don't like to put it on my face - could anyone please recommend a good high factor sunscreen suitable for your face. Sorry for the hi-jack but it's something that's concerning me as I'll have a scar on my face as just had a cyst removed :sick:- I intend to ask when stitches come out next week if they could recommend anything, but all advise welcome.
Thanks

We bought a stick for faces in FL. It is factor 50 and we all use it although its a kids one. Think it came from Publix and had a pink label. I could tell you the name but its safely tucked up in our owners locker :goodvibes

Thanks

We've been use either an Ambre Solaire or recently an Australian Gold, stick for faces. We also use a 50 on our faces as both of these are and our faces never burnt. I used them on DD's face when she was little too and she didnt react to the ingredients or burn at all. I bought a Piz Buin one but I got a rash after using it and don't know if it was something else or the actual stick that caused it but haven't used that again. I'd definitely ask when you attend the next appointment as they may have some useful guidance for you that none of us are aware of :)

Thanks
Ultrasun Factor30 or Factor 50 for faces. Once a day application, fantastic for sensitive skin, works well with my contact lenses (others make my eyes nip and run). Said it before but we wouldn't use anything else. Available In Waitrose, John Lewis, big M&S stores and online more reasonably priced at Multipharm. Also saw it in Duty Free at Glasgow airport last month. 100ml bottle has lasted TonyToon and I 4 weeks.

Mrs TT.

I use factor 6 & 8 and have never burned yet I'm blonde and blue eyed! I do start off with maybe a 15 to start my holiday but by week 2-3 I'm down to the 6/8 my make up I use has factor 15 in as I hate the way sun cream blocks your pores especially in the heat!
We always buy the continues spray for the kids that you get in the US used it for years so was really pleased when they brought it out over here & I then got the exact make i use it in family & home bargains for under £2 a can!!!

I also love the tanning oil sprays and will use them while at water parks, but then I also use sun beds while at home in fact i have a. double lay down bed in my lounge!. My dad actually had skin cancer and I remember when ever in holiday he was always sat in the shade with a big brimmed hat on, so I respect what the UV rays can do....
I'm not stupid and I don't abuse the sun bed in fact I haven't been on it in months due to being ill.but I do like to have a bit of colour & I hate fack tan!! I have been out in the sun we have been having and burnt in that due to getting caught out.
So as long as I protect my kids with a 50-30 I'm happy and will make sure I don't burn myself.

I use factor 50 on myself and my daughters. I am still worried about my baby getting burnt even with sun cream. I cover her with a cellular blanket when she's in her pushchair and keep her out of the sun still. She won't wear a hat so I have been keeping her indoors during the heatwave during the hottest part of the day. plus Sun stroke is horrible.

my sister didn't wear Sun cream in Orlando and she ended up with peeling skin. doesn't look good really.

The other thing that makes a difference in this conversation is the time of year you visit Orlando. At the moment the sun is so much stronger than say October/November.

Visiting in October and using a factor 8 is completely different to visiting now and using it.

In April I mainly used 15 but last week I was using 30 for parks and 50 if I was going to be near water such as at the beach or water parks. You can feel the difference in the strength of the sun.

The sign with the minimum SPF is up at the water parks for a reason :)

I had one of those big sun shade things for my son's stroller last time - this thread has reminded me I need to get hold of one again. It was fab for him when he wasn't in the sling - kept him from burning but kept the pushchair cooler too. We would also pull it down over the seat when we were on a ride and it was parked in the sun :)

Thanks

I know you've had several replies but I have a Coppertone one which is factor 70 and covers UVA/UVB. It is also designed to act as a moisturiser and to not block pores. It looks a little greasy when you first put it on but once it has sunk in it is fine. I sometimes wear powder over the top too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter