Sun Country cancellation

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
My sister from Minneapolis is joining me and my 7 yo DD for our short 11/29 to 12/3 trip. She just learned that her flight down was cancelled. There just isn't a Sun Country flight from MSP to MCO on 11/29 anymore. We found a nonstop Northworst flight with the right dates (bad times, but . . .). Is it worth arguing our case with Sun Country to have them put her on NWA? She was going to join us for 11/29 through 12/2, so missing a day is big.

Ideas?

Thanks.

I would definitely see what sc says about switching you to NW or even MLT charter. can't hurt to try. Or could she go down the day on sc?

What is MLT charter? I'm not familiar with that. She can't go down the day before due to work -- plus we won't get there until 11/29 and she's not the crazy disney person. She could do the day after, but that's no fun either!

I was referring to mlt vacations. They run a charter from mpls to lots of cities including Orlando. Go to mltvacations.com for the mpls to orlando schedule.

We have take American airlines to orlando several times leaving from mpls connecting in chicago. Plane leaves mpls around 7a.m. and arrives about l p.m. in Orlando

I just put your dates into Orbitz and I see that NW has several roundtrip non-stop combinations for $236. That's not a bad price for non-stop flights out of Minneapolis. I'd suggest asking Sun Country for a refund for the entire trip and rebooking on NW. Don't wait too long if this is what you decide to do.

Last month SC sent me a note that my daughter's one way flight from Chicago was changed to another time (one hour later) and since this did not help with her return schedule I called SC and asked for a refund. They said it would be posted to my charge this coming month, sure hope this happens. Try to say that this flight change is not workable and try for a refund.

Thank you all. We're still working on it. It's just a shame because when she made the choice, NWA wasn't that much more.

All's well that ends well. My sister is booked on NWA on direct flights at a better fare. So -- until NW changes something, we're looking good. She also added on a day at the end, so she'll be there as long as DD and me.

I appreciated the help!

That's great! Hope you all have a wonderful trip!

I too have a flight booked for the end of November. I first checked the departure date and everything was fine .. a small gasp assured me until I checked the return and there is nothing on that date from MCO to MSP.. I guess I better scramble and see what Sun Country will do for me if they cannot return me home on a thursday.. It seems that they have cancelled and thursday flying to MCO or back.. Well I guess this will keep me on my toes...:confused: :confused:

You must have seen the same report that I saw on channel 9 this morning, however they mentioned that Orlando was a primary route so I thought I was OK. I called Travelocity to rebook the return flight and I gained an extra day at DW :) I was able to get an extra day at WL so that is okay.. The rental car may be a problem since they would have to cancel my current ressie and rebook it with a 150 dollar increase in price for a full-size which I got for a great rate.. 117/week... I was told by the 800 helpline at dollar to keep the ressie and ask for an additional day at the counter... we will see how it goes..

Hockey:

My sister gained a day, too. So maybe you Minnesotans luck out on this! Good luck with your rental car.

My family of 4 is flying out on Sun Country also. They have managed to change my flight 4 times starting before 9-11. They rebooked out return flight to Milwaukee from 9 pm to around noon. I purposely booked a late flight so that we could have one more day at WDW. Needless to say I was mad. So I cancelled the return flight and rebooked with ATA going into Midway (Chicago). Not happy but wanted more time at DW. Then 9-11 happened and they have changed my flight 3 more times, we started leaving at 7 am now we are at 9:55am. I told them the way it was going that they were going to most likely going to change it until midnight the way it was going. I am not usually snotty but I was angry.

If they stay in business, I probably will not use them again. I don't like it not knowing what is going on. How can anyone schedule anything when they are changing flights at a drop of a hat. I keep having to call TTC and change the ressie.

Although I understand why they have to do it, but 3 times is quite ridiculous.

Sandi:
I may not have to argue with Dollar about getting an extra day added to the end of our rental.
Following the advice on Mousesavers they made aware that my DC membership was offering discounts on weekly rentals or more at National. They usually dont pan out to much but I was surprised when they gave me a 20% discount with a code from the Disney Club website.. It was a similar car a Monte Carlo compared to an Intrepid at Dollar.. Actually the National amount is two dollars more and I wont have to beg for an extra day without rebooking which was well over 300 dollars for a 10 day rental at Dollar Rent-A-Car.. I will be paying 234 for a standard included all of the taxes.. $54 in taxes to be exact.. I just want to use the airport not live there..:D :D
I will try Dollar first if they balk then I will give my business to National..

;)

I think you'll be pleased with National. The DC discount, with the DC coupon is tough to beat. Have a great time.

Hockey, add the DC 1-Free Day coupon (code) to your DC contract number (On a new reservation ) at National, and you can probably lower the price even more:)

I should have been listening to Sandi in the earlier posts.. I overlooked the fact that she was talking about two codes not one.. I guess I have been burned by the "cannot be combined with any other offer" in the fine print too many times. But now that you have brought it to my intention, I went back and rebooked for even more savings.. The savings now counteract the taxes.. the discount is now 62.15 for a full size instead of a standard.. The standard was 2 dollars less.. and two doors lacking.. 4 doors are much easier to travel in.. Its just the wife and I.. You can just throw junk in the back without having to move the front seat.. I like the Regal more than the Monte Carlo IMO.. Well thanks to the boards I will skip Dollar and head to National thanks Sandi and Pbhunt ...:) :) :)

That's Wonderful, Hockey!! Just make sure to cancel your old reservations. Have a fantastic trip!:)

Great news Hockey! pbhunt is right -- cancel the old ressies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter