Sun Country and Southwest for Summer, 2012?

rw_hadley

"Did you ever get the feeling there's something go
We'll be heading to FL in July, 2012, and are flying from Minneapolis (MSP).
I read elsewhere that SWA will be opening dates past June 1st on November 14th. Has anyone else seen this, or can confirm this?
I'm also wondering if anyone has a sense of when Sun Country might be opening its flights for July, 2012, since I'd rather flight direct, and Sun Country has had some pretty reasonable prices, and their schedule would work with our dates. Yes, I know SWA doesn't charge baggage fees, and that I need to factor that in vs. Sun Country. I am also aware of Delta direct flights from MSP to MCO, but unless they come way down on prices, I think Sun Country will be cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

I would think that July flights will come out in January or Feb? We are waiting for May 2012 and they are only out as far as April right now.

I fly Suncountry whenever I can, no matter if it is cheaper or not. Humphrey is SO much easier to fly out of and I have had way to many problems with Delta. I have had flights canceled and delayed more times than I can count, so I am done with them and only fly Sun Country to MCO now. Just the reduced level of stress is worth the extra cost.

Kristine

I would think that July flights will come out in January or Feb? We are waiting for May 2012 and they are only out as far as April right now.

I fly Suncountry whenever I can, no matter if it is cheaper or not. Humphrey is SO much easier to fly out of and I have had way to many problems with Delta. I have had flights canceled and delayed more times than I can count, so I am done with them and only fly Sun Country to MCO now. Just the reduced level of stress is worth the extra cost.

Kristine

Thanks, Kristine!
I take it you are talking about Sun Country opening their July dates in Jan/Feb (vs. SWA).
I agree that flying out of Humphrey Terminal is much smoother (parking is cheaper too!). We flew SWA in March out of Humphrey, and it was sooo much better than the main terminal!

According to the Southwest web site, dates for travel through Aug 10 will open up Nov 13.

According to the Southwest web site, dates for travel through Aug 10 will open up Nov 13.

Thanks! Can you point me to where on their site it says that? I looked, but couldn't find it. (I'd like to show some family members that are also going.)

Thanks! Can you point me to where on their site it says that? I looked, but couldn't find it. (I'd like to show some family members that are also going.)

Never mind. I found it! ('Cause all you have to do is ask, and then it jumps right out at you!)

Thanks, Kristine!
I take it you are talking about Sun Country opening their July dates in Jan/Feb (vs. SWA).
I agree that flying out of Humphrey Terminal is much smoother (parking is cheaper too!). We flew SWA in March out of Humphrey, and it was sooo much better than the main terminal!

Sorry! Yes, I was talking about Sun Country. Should have probably told you that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter