Summit of Gatlinburg Condo's~see & do ??

tayandjensmom

Long time lurker
We are heading to Gatlinburg, 2 weeks from today. Staying at the Summit of Gatlinburg Condo's. Anyone been here?? Whats some of the don't miss attractions. DD's 12 and 14 know they want to see the Aquarium. Not sure we want to spend the $$$ on the Dixie Stampeded, oldest dd is a fussy eatter.

Looking for any and all suggestions. Also...where can I get some groceries near by? Having a full kitchen, I want to cook some breakfast and light night meals.

Thanks for your help... Lisa

We've stayed there before. It has an awesome view. The drive up the mountain is a little daunting at first, but you get used to it.

There is a little grocery store called the Parkway Market on the main strip of Gatlinburg just before you get to ski mountain road that should have what you need.

Have fun!

I am thinking that we have stayed there before, years ago.
Yes, it is a major drive up Ski Mountain Road... You don't just pop in and out.

Actually, Dixie Stampede is one of the most EXCELLENT attractions.
The Aquarium is very nice.
Dixie Stampede might exceed that, IMHO.

We buy our candy at the Ole Smokey Candy Kitchen, next to that Pancake House on the Village square. Their candy is very good. :thumbsup2

BullFish Grill is a nice place for supper.
And, there is also the Apple Barn (Applewood Farmhouse restaurant if you are over at Pigeon Forge.

PS: About Dixie Stampede... I do recommend it. :thumbsup2

Here are some tips...

1. Could you manage to bring in something for your one DD if she might be fussy about the food?
While the food is good, the attraction really is about the show.

2. Bring in some plastic forks/spoons/knives (pick some up at a Wendy's ) because the will not provide silverware!

3. If you don't want to be hemmed in on bench seating... call as soon as you make up your mind to go - and request the back row, center ring.... (note, there are only a few rows, so this won't be nose-bleed seats... you will have actual 'chairs' and a little more breathing room... This is what we did the two times that we have been. )

We've never stayed at The Summit but have been up there before. We are in Gatlinburg now (we leave tomorrow) and have had a wonderful time. We don't do a lot of attractions but The Dixie Stampede is something we did enjoy, also Dollywood was fun. Mostly we have just been sightseeing in The Park and at Cades Cove. We just got back from a drive thru downtown to check out the Christmas lights and boy was it crowded. There is a grocery store, Food City on 321 and one in Pigeon Forge.We are right off the Gatlinburg bypass so we usually just drive on to Pigeon Forge instead of fighting the traffic downtown. Have a wonderful trip:)

We stayed there almost 20 years ago. It was a wonderful place. The views are fabulous.
Dixie Stampede was fun. my husband and I were chosen to be part of the act. My boys thought it was hilarious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter