• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summertime in Feb 2-9 at BCV (crowds, heat, still magical) Fun w/DREAM UPDATE 2/20

How fun movies on the beach look! Are those just for Yacht and Beach Club guests or could anyone stumble upon them?

I can't wait to find out what dream you get!!!

Great trip report. We're staying at YC in September and after reading your report I want to stay at BCV!

Can't wait to read more!!

I just found your report and am loving it! Great pictures. We were there for a few of the same days as you - much more crowded than I had anticipated but still a great trip. Sounds like a great day at SeaWorld too. Looking forward to more.

Glad I found you! Heading to Beach Club Villas for the first time in October and can't wait!! Thanks for sharing your trip. BTW- Disney travel agent -- what a great way to channel the Disney obsession energy-- that may be my dream job!!

Having so much fun reading your report. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear what your dream was.:goodvibes

Really enjoying your TR! Your children are adorable, I would love to stay at the BCV someday with an Epcot view!! Can't wait to hear about your DREAM!!!

Day 6, part 1
Thursday, February 8th
The only reason we had motivation to get out of bed for AM EMH at MK was our frustration over the crowds from earlier in the week. Just looking in the BCV parking lot it seems the crowds have lessened somewhat. So off we go with our “old gameplan” of AM EMH! :yay:

We caught the 7:15 bus to MK. Only 4 families on the bus. Not crowded at all waiting for the rope drop. The kids got to throw “pixie dust” at the opening. Although I had us on “commando AM tour” we did stop for a family photopass photo on Main Street. I love our family pics when the crowds are low and you have a clear shot of the castle!

We hurried down Main Street towards Fantasyland. I had a few goals for today…..Dumbo, Peter Pan, Space Mt., Speedway, Buzz Lightyear, 10 opening of Toontown (meet Mickey, not the rest), try to meet Buzz & Peter Pan.

I assumed we would only spend the morning in MK. But would a YOMD DREAM change our plans????? HMMMMMM????? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

UGH! Don't leave us hanging!!!!:)

My family was there during that week also. The heat was crazy, wasn't it? We stayed at the Contemporary and the kids were begging to leave the parks for the pool on Mon. and Tues. The crowded parks were a bit of a surprise as well. My DD (9) asked me at one point if the entire state of Louisiana was at Disney. I really didn't have an answer to that, I think maybe they were. :lmao:

I promise to post "the rest of the story" soon. Just crazy busy with kid stuff...try to post tonight....oh Idol is on isn't it.....well maybe after Idol???

Thanks for reading ya'll! Its so nice to get positive affirmation!!!

I promise to post "the rest of the story" soon. Just crazy busy with kid stuff...try to post tonight....oh Idol is on isn't it.....well maybe after Idol???

Thanks for reading ya'll! Its so nice to get positive affirmation!!!

I was going to try and update my report too but I just got done with work and Idol is on shortly! :laughing:

Ok, now to continue….
DSC_3453.jpg

We went through the castle and straight to Dumbo. DS2’s favorite movie is Dumbo and about the ONL Y time this attraction has no wait is the first 5 minutes of opening!! DH hurried to Peter Pan to get fastpasses. The kids and I got right onto Dumbo and DS2 was loving it!
DSC_3464.jpg

We probably should have ridden it again, but there was already a line! PP had no line so we walked on there and then we continued over to Pooh and walked right on. I decided to go get Space Mt fastpasses while DH did Peter Pan fastpass with the kids. They met up with me at the Racetrack and we waited about 15 mins.
DSC_3479.jpg

DSC_3485.jpg

We then walked right onto Buzz. WHEW!!!

Now it was about 9:45 so we went over to the rope drop at Toontown so we could meet Mickey. We don’t have any dining with Mickey this trip and I really wanted DS2 to meet Mickey since he loves “mouse”. They did the rope drop differently than how I remember in the past. A few characters came out but didn’t come hold the kids hands and walk them in like they had on past trips. Oh well…..we just headed straight to Mickey. We waited a few minutes. We met Mickey & got some photopass photos made.

On a whim I asked who was in the next building (sorry can’t remember the name of the big building, the tent???). The wait was already 50 mins to meet the princesses! I think they said Belle & Cinderella were there when I asked. The CM told me the other line was Goofy, Donald, & Pluto. We have never met Donald….so off we went into the 10 minute line!!! Glad I wasn’t in the princess line!!

Here comes the DREAMy part………:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

It was our turn to go into the room to “meet & greet”. There were 3 families in front of us. As we walked in I was focused on herding my kids & keeping them from invading some other kid’s meet & greet. Then I heard some cheering and clapping. I looked over at the end of the room and there was the DREAM TEAM!!! :banana: My heart actually jumped but then I thought “oh shoot, someone else won, we were so close!!!” I couldn’t hear what they were giving away and I was also trying to do autographs, hand the photographer fastpass, take video, take photographs, keep DS2 from manhandling Donald, etc, etc.
DSC_3488.jpg

The family immediately in front of us took a VERY VERY VERY long time getting autographs. They had about 5 tshirts to be signed by each character with a sharpie marker. DS2 was bouncing off the walls! I must say my kids were very patient to stand there and stare at their heros and not be able to go say hello! :dance3:

Ok,ok back to the DREAM…..The characters were Donald, then Goofy, then Pluto. At some point I realized the dream team wasn’t leaving and maybe we would get a dream too! By the time we got to Pluto I had figured out what the dream was and my stomach was jumping to get to the dream team! Of course, DH was oblivious!!! Finally we finished autographing & photographing. And we walked away from Pluto and the dream team said congratulations you have been granted a dream and placed
FAST PASSES :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: around our necks!!! We thanked them and were very excited but forgot to take a photo!!!

I explained to the kids what they had been given and DD7 was most excited because this meant we would DEFINITELY ride BMTRR today!!!

Next: Having fun with our DREAM Fastpass!, Popcorn is for the birds, DS6 meets 2 of his HEROS, Le Cellier, Disney Quest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter