• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer's Planning Journal 08/20 Update 08/10/07

You look fabulous!! I bet you're soooo excited to finally have your dress. I can't believe everything is coming up so quickly!

Love the dress Summer, the roses on the back are lovely and the black sash makes it really different. The mucking around photo is a real classic and well done again on your weight loss, you look great.
Now if only MY dress was too big, still at least I've got 9 months to go!!!!

Summer!!! DO NOT STRESS about losing any more weight, you look amazing! You have so many other details to concern yourself with right now!

And you look just like Snow White in your "mucking around" pic! You have a great smile!!!

Summer, that dress is gorgeous!!!!

I am leaving for Manchester Airport tomorrow (flying Monday) so I will see you in Raglan Road I guess! If I don't speak to you beforehand - GOOD LUCK FOR THE WEDDING and I hope you have a great day!! :teeth:

Here was me just mucking around. The woman had to go and answer the phone so I quickly took a silly pic! I think you can also see just how big the top is too;)
Untitled-1-8.jpg

now here's what was missing - your smile!!!! :goodvibes aww Summer, you look GORGEOUS!!!!!! well worth the wait cookie :thumbsup2 and no, I don't see any "back fat" here!!! just wait til you see my photos - then you'll see fat! :rotfl:

Michelle :cloud9:

Beautiful!!! I love your dress. Well worth the wait, eh? I am going to be looking for you on the docks of the GF during Wishes. 16 more days...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your dress really suits you, and you look beautiful in it.

Summer, you look so pretty.....and your dress is gorgeous !!!

BTW, I don't know if I missed it, but are you wearing your hair up or down ???

Thanks so much girls:grouphug: , I was really apprehensive about posting pics, esp when the dress hasn't been altered.
I've been thinking of asking the seamstress to pick up the skirt a little more in the front as you all know I love pick up skirts, and the back is fabulous, maybe it's not picked up because it doesn't fit right yet, what do you think?

apirateslife4evr - I am wearing my hair down for the wedding, I never, ever wear it up and I love my hair down, however I am getting it cut on the 14th of August and will probably get about 2-3 inches off, heavily layered and choppy looking, I'm also getting it colored midnight black as I had a reddish rinse through it.

Just wanted to say that your dress is gorgeous, well worth waiting for! I'm sure you're going to be a beautiful bride. I'm so looking forward to reading your trip report and looking at lots of photos when you return! :)

Best wishes to you and your DF for your special day! :flower3:

CarolAnn

Summer you look absolutely stunning:goodvibes . What back fat!!! Just wait till I post pics of me in mine then you will know what back fat looks like lol:lmao:

Summer you are going to knock your man for six. You will look stunning on the day. The dress is totally you :thumbsup2
Please let us see what it's like when it's been altered.
I also want to congratulate you on your weight loss, well done honey. Keep up the good work :cheer2:

Beautiful pics in your wedding dress. I love how sparkly it is. As far as the top being big, they can take it in easily. I love the one of you with the camera phone, you have that mischievous child expression. ;) Lovely!!

Thanks so much for the compliments:grouphug: I will definately post new pics once I get the dress altered. Does anyone think it would be easy enough to get the seamstress to pick up the skirt more in the front? I just don't understand why it doesn't:confused: I mean in the opriginal pic of the dress the front is picked up:confused3
Anyway, oooh, I look like Snow White eh? That is a compliment! As for the mucking around pic, Steven says apparently I always have a cheeky expression;)

Oh wow Summer that really is a stunning dress - I love the sparklies and I love the black sash - very orignal and even though not altered yet you look great in it.

Okay I have a bit of a dilemma about my dress. Today I went shopping for a bra that I could wear under the wedding dress. I bought a multi-way bra that I could wear as a halter neck, criss cross or normal. So I got home and put on my corset top and you can see the bra at the front and the back.:sad2:
I also feel that I don't have enough up front to fill the top out, how that can be I don't know:confused: I just got measured to day and I am a 36 DD but I think the top makes me look like I'm a B cup. I don't know if getting the top altered to fit tighter which I know I have to do will make much difference.
Here is a close up pic of the front:
269856112.jpg

Can you see the fabric jutting out at the side? Will this be fixed when I go to get it altered?

Here is one of the back so you can see how far down it goes:
269856110.jpg

It goes too far down for a bra strap and the bra I just bought is clearly visible when I tried it on.

And one so you can see just how loose the strap is around my neck:
269856105.jpg

What do you all think? I was thinking of going without a bra, I can't seem to find a bra that would work also I wondered if maybe getting chicken fillets might be the way to go:rotfl: I never, ever thought I would need them but I think the top makes me look quite flat. I need your opinions please:flower3:

I don't know if you have access to the Nu-Bra, or something similar, but that's what I would suggest. It is a thin silicone shell that clips in front, it is a backless strapless bra and it offers a little boost as well. It sticks on, so after 10 or so wears, the stickiness is pretty much gone, but for a special event it is GREAT!

I think Frederick's of Hollywood or Victoria's Secret sells something similar, but double the price of the Nu-Bra.

You look gorgeous in that dress!

Alterations should probably take care of the top not fitting properly. Your tailor can probably tuck the top to take care of the fabric at the sides.

I would suggest having your tailor sew cups into your dress so you don't have to worry about a bra. You could have padded cups attached with built-in chicken cutlets!

Or, you could have her sew your bra into the gown itself. I did this once for a formal gown and had my tailor attach my bra with some light stitches that could easily be removed. This ensured my bra didn't show as the back strap would was above the back of the gown which is the same problem you have. I'll admit that it slightly awkward-feeling (since the bra was not meant to be worn quite like that) but it served its purpose and gave me great curves since I had her sew in a push-up bra! ;)

Hope that helps! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter