• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer's over and I'm sad. So let's start a pre-trip report! Feb 2015 *update 1/7*

It was oddly funny to me that you got stuck behind 'that guy.' I'm not sure why because it wouldn't be funny to be in the situation.

I usually have a stroller with 6 or so bags, but I don't pull them all out! I don't have anything I shouldn't be bringing in and it's not like that security check would find anything if I were trying to sneak something in. So I just show them the bag I am carrying and leave the others in the basket under the stroller. :teacher:

It was oddly funny to me that you got stuck behind 'that guy.' I'm not sure why because it wouldn't be funny to be in the situation.

I usually have a stroller with 6 or so bags, but I don't pull them all out! I don't have anything I shouldn't be bringing in and it's not like that security check would find anything if I were trying to sneak something in. So I just show them the bag I am carrying and leave the others in the basket under the stroller. :teacher:

That's what I was thinking- they could've just gone through with the stroller... but he just kept pulling bags out... took forever!

Our trip is over 4 months away and I am already having Disney nightmares! I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but these nightmares usually happen much closer to the trip... yikes!
The recurring theme tends to be revolving around FP+... I guess I have some anxiety about planning a trip with a whole new Fastpass system. I'll be much happier once we have things booked. But then I have to hope that we stick to our plans... something we are not in the habit of being very good at :rolleyes1

I'm not sure how everyone else does it, but Ben and I plan our Disney days around our ADRs. Since we took a whopping 2 years off from WDW, we had a pretty long list of places we wanted to eat in February. We had to narrow them down somehow and we wanted to mix in a few new ones with our favorites. This was not an easy task, and I still feel like I'm going to miss some places that we are skipping (Kona, California Grill :sad: )
Anyway, here's what we've settled on (for now...)

Whispering Canyon Cafe. We first ate here as part of the Backstage Magic Tour we took a few years ago. It turns out that the food we were served was not 100% from their regular menu, a fact we learned when we returned for Ben's birthday lunch. After our initial sadness about this (sepcifically, the cobbler Ben couldn't get for his birthday), we realized that we still really enjoyed a meal here and we love hanging out at the Wilderness Lodge.
wcc_zps2ccd3b21.jpg

wcc2_zps01d5119c.jpg

Ben did a pretty good job concealing his heartbreak upon learning he could not have the cobbler. This bread pudding was good, but no replacement...

Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch). Ben's never been here for lunch, and it has been a looong time since I have. I get easily frazzled and angry when dining at MK counter service places (so many people holding tables when the other person probably hasn't even ordered yet! If we'd all agree to get a table after ordering, it would all work out. It makes me :furious: ) so a table service lunch is probably a good idea.
ltt_zps9848dbcc.jpg

It should be obvious that this meal was right before a MNSSHP... we don't always dress like muppets :rotfl:

Le Chefs. Here's a new one! Trying to branch out a little at the World Showcase... hope we like it!

Sanaa. I think this is my favorite WDW restaurant, but it's really hard to pick just one! A very easy decision for us, here. We're going to head over early and check out the Victoria Falls Lounge, too.

Biergarten. We've been here before, but it has been awhile. I liked it ok, but have since learned to appreicate German food more. Plus, Ben and I both would really like to visit the real Bavaria someday, so this is our consolation prize.

Tusker House (lunch). It's a character meal, but we picked it because the food is tasty and the cobbler missing from WCC was found here! Here's hoping it's not gone! :worried: Although the characters aren't why we eat here, I will admit it was awfully fun to meet them... and I may have gotten a bit teary eyed watching kids intereact with the characters.
tusker1_zps1c1e4aca.jpg

tusker2_zps2f95ec45.jpg

'Ohana. We love 'Ohana! We skipped eating here on our last trip, so we are more than ready to head back. I don't really eat the meat skewers, since I think the appetizers and the bread pudding are what it's all about, anyway!
2014-09-13133643_zpscf131167.jpg

JUST KIDDING! That is actually a Polynesian/sushi place we found in Seattle. Had to take a picture, though!
ohana1_zpsee5ec9b7.jpg

If you've read my previous TR, you may remember this infamous photo. Our waitress handed me the bread, then insisted on taking a picture. Weird.
ohana2_zpsbde32ec8.jpg

On our next trip to 'Ohana, I had to recreate the weird-o bread picture...
ohana3_zpsdab629c8.jpg

We celebrated our first anniversary here, and our waitress brought us a cupcake (in addition to the bread pudding... we ate it all) with the advice not to "wish for a cupcake, since you already have one" :laughing:

Boma (breakfast). It's a tasty meal, but I'm not 100% convinced we need to eat here this trip (what do you think, Ben?). I'd rather use a breakfast at Olivia's.

San Angel Inn. This has somehow become a tradition for us, and we're keeping it going! The service can be a little weird (slooooow), but we really enjoy the food and the atmosphere.
sanangelinn_zpsf9ea47c5.jpg

Yak & Yeti. The Animal Kingdom has been inching toward becoming my favorite park, and this is a restaurant we haven't tried there. Pictures I've seen look pretty cool, and I'd like to check it out ourselves.

Maya Grill. I know this isn't a place most folks travel to if they aren't staying at Coronado Springs, but we've picked it for a few reasons: We've never been to this resort, so here's a chance to see a new-to-us part of WDW. Also, the last meal we had at a moderate resort was a surprise hit (Boatwright's at POR) so we're hoping Maya Grill will be as successful.

Olivia's. We'll definitely have breakfast here on our last day, if we haven't done it earlier. We love Olivia's!

Those are the ADRs we currently have, and I think they'll stay that way. Unless they don't! :rotfl2:

We are leaving November 23 and staying till November 28. We are staying at the Coronado Resort for the first time!

I'm sorry your last trip was so difficult. Hopefully this one coming up will make up for it!

Lauren, if you're reading this reply, I know MEK did a stay at the Treehouse Villas, and although I can't confirm, I have a suspicion she took a LOT of pictures there!

I love the post of your OKW photos. It looks like a great resort!

You also have an impressive list of ADR's. :thumbsup2 We might have to eat at Biergarten for the same reason...I think that's the next place I want to travel with ABD! But that is quite a long way into the future, so Biergarten will have to suffice.

Boma Breakfast is tasty, but it would be a drive compared to a walk to Olivia's...

Sounds like maybe a change is in order! :thumbsup2

We are leaving November 23 and staying till November 28. We are staying at the Coronado Resort for the first time!

Have a great trip!

I'm sorry your last trip was so difficult. Hopefully this one coming up will make up for it!

Lauren, if you're reading this reply, I know MEK did a stay at the Treehouse Villas, and although I can't confirm, I have a suspicion she took a LOT of pictures there!

I love the post of your OKW photos. It looks like a great resort!

You also have an impressive list of ADR's. :thumbsup2 We might have to eat at Biergarten for the same reason...I think that's the next place I want to travel with ABD! But that is quite a long way into the future, so Biergarten will have to suffice.

I think with our upcoming trip being just Ben and I, it will be much less likely for things to go awry!

An ABD trip to Germany would be amazing, I bet!!

Things have been a little crazy in our neck of the woods recently… it started off with me taking home these little nuggets to foster:

joyce_zpsf590ac20.jpg

They were about 3 weeks old there and I’ve spent the last week helping them figure out the fine arts of eating on their own and using a litter box. The plan is for them to go to one of the shelter’s foster volunteers now that they’re more self-sufficient. Bottle babies and weaning are time consuming, so it can be really hard to find someone to take them on, but I couldn’t leave them at the shelter over night when they were so little.

Work was in general just nuts-o last week. I spent one morning rescuing this kitten out of a pine tree:

APCSM_10814-9FB_zpsa05f688c.jpg

After over an hour on a ladder, using blankets to create ‘platforms’ on the branches, I was finally able to coax her close enough to grab. We named her Christmas because she was covered in sap and smelled like a tree. :) Happy ending #1: she was adopted on Friday!

Another crisis happened the next day when one of our dogs got loose from the person walking him. Derby is a sweet but timid beagle and he gave us a run for our money trying to track him down in the woods around the shelter. This photo was taken a few days earlier (his leash is Photoshop-ed out of the pic), but this is pretty much the face that would pop up only to disappear back into the woods repeatedly.

derby2_zps3273fc33.jpg

We finally had to give up the search and were all worried sick that night. Luckily, Derby came back the next morning when he heard the dogs being put out. It took three of us and lots of food to finally get him near enough to secure with a leash. Happy ending #2: he was adopted on Saturday!

Yesterday was my birthday, but also a baby shower for one of our good friends. Despite our initial fears of typical shower boringness, this ended up being a pretty fun way to spend my birthday! The centerpieces were castles with babies glued to them… one of my friends left for a vacation to Cancun today and decided to bring some of the babies along (she’s named them all Steve)… here’s a photo of them playing cards during their layover in Orlando:

steves_zps4258a755.jpg

And here they are at lunch:

steveslunch_zpsd2a40ecd.jpg

It’s been reported that the waitress was a good sport for the adventure!
Can’t wait to see what sort of craziness the Steves get up to this week.

Next, we have to head to a wedding in a few hours with just enough time to watch the Patriots game before we leave. Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!

I'm thrilled to see you back on the boards! I read your previous trip reports and LOVED them, so I hope you'll consider writing a report for your upcoming trip.

Don't worry about disappearing- I've disappeared twice in the last year for huge chunks of time. Such large chunks, in fact, that I'm still working on my trip report... from 2012. Sad. Very sad. :sad2:

Your initial plans sound great, and I can't wait to see how things change as it gets closer. (And honestly, I'm worried about this Fastpass+ thing myself!)

Our trip is over 4 months away and I am already having Disney nightmares! I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but these nightmares usually happen much closer to the trip... yikes!
The recurring theme tends to be revolving around FP+... I guess I have some anxiety about planning a trip with a whole new Fastpass system. I'll be much happier once we have things booked. But then I have to hope that we stick to our plans... something we are not in the habit of being very good at :rolleyes1

I'm not sure how everyone else does it, but Ben and I plan our Disney days around our ADRs. Since we took a whopping 2 years off from WDW, we had a pretty long list of places we wanted to eat in February. We had to narrow them down somehow and we wanted to mix in a few new ones with our favorites. This was not an easy task, and I still feel like I'm going to miss some places that we are skipping (Kona, California Grill :sad: )
Anyway, here's what we've settled on (for now...)

Whispering Canyon Cafe. We first ate here as part of the Backstage Magic Tour we took a few years ago. It turns out that the food we were served was not 100% from their regular menu, a fact we learned when we returned for Ben's birthday lunch. After our initial sadness about this (sepcifically, the cobbler Ben couldn't get for his birthday), we realized that we still really enjoyed a meal here and we love hanging out at the Wilderness Lodge.
wcc_zps2ccd3b21.jpg

wcc2_zps01d5119c.jpg

Ben did a pretty good job concealing his heartbreak upon learning he could not have the cobbler. This bread pudding was good, but no replacement...

Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch). Ben's never been here for lunch, and it has been a looong time since I have. I get easily frazzled and angry when dining at MK counter service places (so many people holding tables when the other person probably hasn't even ordered yet! If we'd all agree to get a table after ordering, it would all work out. It makes me :furious: ) so a table service lunch is probably a good idea.
ltt_zps9848dbcc.jpg

It should be obvious that this meal was right before a MNSSHP... we don't always dress like muppets :rotfl:

Le Chefs. Here's a new one! Trying to branch out a little at the World Showcase... hope we like it!

Sanaa. I think this is my favorite WDW restaurant, but it's really hard to pick just one! A very easy decision for us, here. We're going to head over early and check out the Victoria Falls Lounge, too.

Biergarten. We've been here before, but it has been awhile. I liked it ok, but have since learned to appreicate German food more. Plus, Ben and I both would really like to visit the real Bavaria someday, so this is our consolation prize.

Tusker House (lunch). It's a character meal, but we picked it because the food is tasty and the cobbler missing from WCC was found here! Here's hoping it's not gone! :worried: Although the characters aren't why we eat here, I will admit it was awfully fun to meet them... and I may have gotten a bit teary eyed watching kids intereact with the characters.
tusker1_zps1c1e4aca.jpg

tusker2_zps2f95ec45.jpg

'Ohana. We love 'Ohana! We skipped eating here on our last trip, so we are more than ready to head back. I don't really eat the meat skewers, since I think the appetizers and the bread pudding are what it's all about, anyway!
2014-09-13133643_zpscf131167.jpg

JUST KIDDING! That is actually a Polynesian/sushi place we found in Seattle. Had to take a picture, though!
ohana1_zpsee5ec9b7.jpg

If you've read my previous TR, you may remember this infamous photo. Our waitress handed me the bread, then insisted on taking a picture. Weird.
ohana2_zpsbde32ec8.jpg

On our next trip to 'Ohana, I had to recreate the weird-o bread picture...
ohana3_zpsdab629c8.jpg

We celebrated our first anniversary here, and our waitress brought us a cupcake (in addition to the bread pudding... we ate it all) with the advice not to "wish for a cupcake, since you already have one" :laughing:

Boma (breakfast). It's a tasty meal, but I'm not 100% convinced we need to eat here this trip (what do you think, Ben?). I'd rather use a breakfast at Olivia's.

San Angel Inn. This has somehow become a tradition for us, and we're keeping it going! The service can be a little weird (slooooow), but we really enjoy the food and the atmosphere.
sanangelinn_zpsf9ea47c5.jpg

Yak & Yeti. The Animal Kingdom has been inching toward becoming my favorite park, and this is a restaurant we haven't tried there. Pictures I've seen look pretty cool, and I'd like to check it out ourselves.

Maya Grill. I know this isn't a place most folks travel to if they aren't staying at Coronado Springs, but we've picked it for a few reasons: We've never been to this resort, so here's a chance to see a new-to-us part of WDW. Also, the last meal we had at a moderate resort was a surprise hit (Boatwright's at POR) so we're hoping Maya Grill will be as successful.

Olivia's. We'll definitely have breakfast here on our last day, if we haven't done it earlier. We love Olivia's!

Those are the ADRs we currently have, and I think they'll stay that way. Unless they don't! :rotfl2:

You have a fabulous lineup!! WCC is a lot of fun, for sure. LTT I think we may try to visit next May, we'll see. I totally agree about CS, though BoG is a definite great CS place IMO since you order, find your seats, and they bring the food to you.

Les Chefs is great - I wish they still accepted TiW for dinner. And I wish Remy was still there. So i have sort of boycotted it...:rotfl:

Sanaa was a definite favorite, but be warned they have changed the menu. The naan with all 9 accompaniments is still there thank goodness, but the main entrees have changed (and significantly less spicy).

Tuskers has become a must-do. I missed not doing it in October, so I am definitely going in May!

Biergarten...the entertainment is totally worth it (Andrew was Burgermeister last time!!) but the food to me is just ok. Beautiful atmosphere - same as San Angel inn, though I prefer La Hacienda.

Yak & Yeti is actually a favorite and has one of my favorite desserts! I think in May I am going to skip Sanaa and eat at Y&Y instead!

Boma, was ok. We ate there in August and it was nice while staying at the resrt, though IDK if i would go out of my way. That being said, their goat cheese eggs were delicious.

Olivia's is certainly great and so nice to eat right at your resort

Lastly, we did the same thing last August to visit Maya Grill - it was wonderful! I would def consider visiting again. It was fun to see a new-to-us resort and the food is great.

Regarding your "life update" oh those kittens are so so cute. The one you rescued out of the pine tree -my goodness!! SO sweet. Andrew keeps saying that our cats Jake and Max will be our last ever, but oh my I can't see that being the case!

Les Chefs is great - I wish they still accepted TiW for dinner. And I wish Remy was still there. So i have sort of boycotted it...:rotfl:

TiW is fantastic, and it is sad that it's not universally taken anymore. We'll definitely have to review that ahead of time. With no TiW and no Remy, then we might ditch this one as well.

We went to Victoria & Albert's a few years ago, and even THEY took TiW--the discount on that single meal pretty much paid for the card!

Does it still work with just alcohol? Our thirstiness alone paid for the card maaaaaaany times over...

Sanaa was a definite favorite, but be warned they have changed the menu. The naan with all 9 accompaniments is still there thank goodness, but the main entrees have changed (and significantly less spicy).

We luuurve Indian food, so changing the items might not necessarily be a bad thing--trying something new. And thanks for the heads-up on the spice level. I'll have to remember to ask for a double-dose. If my nose isn't running and my head isn't sweating, then the chef has wasted my time...

Biergarten...the entertainment is totally worth it (Andrew was Burgermeister last time!!) but the food to me is just ok. Beautiful atmosphere - same as San Angel inn, though I prefer La Hacienda.

It has been quite some time since we've gone and the last time we sat with a, well...interesting family, so we're looking forward to going back. As Joyce mentioned, she's developed more of a taste for German food, but unfortunately, she also has a cringe/gag reaction to the smell of sauerkraut--she has been getting better though!

Yak & Yeti is actually a favorite and has one of my favorite desserts! I think in May I am going to skip Sanaa and eat at Y&Y instead!

Which desert? I'm not a desert person, but Disney seems to be super good at them, so I probably order desert more at WDW than anywhere else.

Boma, was ok. We ate there in August and it was nice while staying at the resrt, though IDK if i would go out of my way. That being said, their goat cheese eggs were delicious.

I wasn't impressed with Boma's day-food, but I really liked their breakfast. Plus, they have DELICIOUS coffee, and I'm kind of a coffee nerd.

As a side note, why is WDW generally terrible when it comes to coffee? You would think that tired parents and coffee would go hand-in-hand. Having Starbucks on Main Street garnered a lot of "How dare they!", but honestly, where is a person supposed to get real coffee? (Nescafé is not an acceptable substitute.) Especially iced coffee! Writer's Stop in DHS is pretty much the only place...I think there are also kiosks near Ellen and USA in Epcot that have real coffee, but yeah...

Lastly, we did the same thing last August to visit Maya Grill - it was wonderful! I would def consider visiting again. It was fun to see a new-to-us resort and the food is great.

Good to hear, and we look forward to checking it out!

You have a fabulous lineup!! WCC is a lot of fun, for sure. LTT I think we may try to visit next May, we'll see. I totally agree about CS, though BoG is a definite great CS place IMO since you order, find your seats, and they bring the food to you.

Tuskers has become a must-do. I missed not doing it in October, so I am definitely going in May!

Olivia's is certainly great and so nice to eat right at your resort

Regarding your "life update" oh those kittens are so so cute. The one you rescued out of the pine tree -my goodness!! SO sweet. Andrew keeps saying that our cats Jake and Max will be our last ever, but oh my I can't see that being the case!

Boma and Les Chefs were the two that I am least excited about, and wouldn't be surprised if they change... we'll see what happens! :rotfl:

And you can't NOT have cats! That's just not an option ;)

I'm thrilled to see you back on the boards! I read your previous trip reports and LOVED them, so I hope you'll consider writing a report for your upcoming trip.

Don't worry about disappearing- I've disappeared twice in the last year for huge chunks of time. Such large chunks, in fact, that I'm still working on my trip report... from 2012. Sad. Very sad. :sad2:

Your initial plans sound great, and I can't wait to see how things change as it gets closer. (And honestly, I'm worried about this Fastpass+ thing myself!)

Aww, thanks for saying such nice things abour my previous reports! I really enjoyed writing them and am definitely planning on starting a new one once we get back in February!

Haha, that makes me feel better that you are still working on a 2012 trip! Though I still feel terrible I never finished my last report. It would've been nice to have to look back on now.

Fastpass+ just freaks me out, even though I got to kinda try it on my quick trip in September. There are things I really like about it, but I am so not used to feeling 'out of the loop' at Disney!

Haven't been able to do too much planning for our trip... the next thing we need to do is to purchase our AP vouchers. Of course, I'd like to have them before we can make FP+ selections, which is Dec 26th, so that we have the best chance of getting what we want. But it is kind of hard to give Disney a whole butt-load of money so much earlier than is strictly necessary, so we haven't got those yet...

HOWEVER! I don't think I've mentioned it (although I do have a ticker for any eagle-eyed observers out there) but Ben and I are going to Disneyland in about 1 month! :eek:
So excited! When his LA-based company asked us to join them for their holiday party, it didn't take too long for Ben and I to start figuring out how to make a visit to DL. We actually did this 8 years ago, shortly after we started dating. So it's been a while since either of us have been to the West Coast Disney parks!

With our flight paid for by the company, it seemed pretty doable and now we're looking at almost 3 full days at the Disneyland Resort :dance3: The dates got moved around a bunch, but have finally settled at Nov 21- Nov 23. It's a weekend, and it's looking to be a crowded one but we're just going to make the best of it and use single rider lines as much as we can!

Our plan looks like this:

We fly from Boston to LA on Thursday, and Ben will head into the office to work. I'll hang out at the hotel watching tv and sleeping. Early Friday morning, we plan to drive to Anaheim and get to DL as quickly as we can. We know it may take a while, depending on traffic, so we'll just do the best we can.

First up is Disneyland

de_zps91f318a3.jpg

We have lunch booked at Blue Bayou, mostly because it looks really cool. I've read less-than-stellar reviews, but I think we'll find enough to eat and I just really want the chance to eat at such an iconic DL place.

New Orleans Square was my favorite place in DL on our previous trip, it's just so pretty! Especially all decked out for the holidays...
P1010128_zps3b5397fa.jpg

P1010067_zpsd306dcac.jpg

At some point, we'll head over to check in to our hotel, Red Lion Hotel Anaheim. It was a budget decision, and we're just looking for 'good enough'. I really want to stay at a DL hotel someday, but they are pricey! And the other options are just so close and so much cheaper!

A must-do is visiting Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm hoping we can make it over here this day!

On Saturday, we'll have most of the day before needing to head off to the holiday party, and I'm thinking that we'll start at CA for park opening. Radiator Springs Racers will be our first stop, but I am relieved to know there is a single rider line if we end up not making rop drop.

We'll head back over to DL for lunch at the Big Thunder BBQ. We really enjoy the food at Hoop Dee Doo Review,and the menu looks pretty similar. It also looks like a pretty cool place!

After lunch, it'll be about time time for us to get ready to head back to LA for a swanky dinner at the holiday party. But we can't let tihngs get too swanky, because we need to drive back to Anaheim after dinner.

Sunday's our last day at DL and I'm not really sure which park we'll head to first. I do know that lunch is at Carthay Circle in CA. Yet another meal I'm really looking forward to; it reminds me of Brown Derby at DHS and that's one of my favorites.

We are not flying out until Monday, so we do get to stay in the parks all day. I'm figuring we'll bop back and forth and just do our best to grab Fastpasses and ride as much as we can. But in addition to rides, I want to try to make it a point to really soak up the atmosphere while we are there... there's so much that's different from WDW, even though many attractions are at both parks.

And just because, here are some other photos from our previous DL trip, when we were just yittle tiny baby Ben and Joyce:

P1010119_zps53607efa.jpg

P1010080_zps5b8e0b3a.jpg

P1010120_zpsa672981a.jpg

Your DH mentioned the TiW so I just wanted to respond that MOST places still take it, and yes still good for alcohol, including most resort bars. It can easily be paid for in 2-3 days of our typical eating & drinking habits, though he was right that V&A no longer takes it (sad, since we finally did it in October but obv without an awesome discount). It is still totally worth it though! And a big reason I want to get an AP at least for me!

Moving on to DL, one big thing struck out to me - no World of Color?? Have you seen the show?? You must! It was really amazing.

Otherwise, RE Blue Bayou, it is awesome and I'm so glad you're trying it out! Love all the new orleans touches in DL. RSR is awesome so that is a good one, and please please ride Indiana Jones for me like 40 times! LOL! Single most reason I have got to get back to DL. I just love that ride.

That is going to be a late night with the holiday party - but super fun I'm sure! just be careful driving back! :goodvibes

Oh I was totally blanking on the name of the Y&Y dessert that is delish, so I looked it up - Fried Wontons
- Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle - $7.99

Your DH mentioned the TiW so I just wanted to respond that MOST places still take it, and yes still good for alcohol, including most resort bars. It can easily be paid for in 2-3 days of our typical eating & drinking habits, though he was right that V&A no longer takes it (sad, since we finally did it in October but obv without an awesome discount). It is still totally worth it though! And a big reason I want to get an AP at least for me!

Moving on to DL, one big thing struck out to me - no World of Color?? Have you seen the show?? You must! It was really amazing.

Otherwise, RE Blue Bayou, it is awesome and I'm so glad you're trying it out! Love all the new orleans touches in DL. RSR is awesome so that is a good one, and please please ride Indiana Jones for me like 40 times! LOL! Single most reason I have got to get back to DL. I just love that ride.

That is going to be a late night with the holiday party - but super fun I'm sure! just be careful driving back! :goodvibes

Oh I was totally blanking on the name of the Y&Y dessert that is delish, so I looked it up - Fried Wontons
- Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle - $7.99

Bummer that V&A doesn't take TiW anymore! We almost didn't ask, because at a place like that it felt weird to ask for a discount, but our server was SO nice and amazing that we finally did mention it and saved a ridiculous amount. That discount paid for the card alone, I think!
In general, though, we'll still make great use of the TiW. Especially since we drink so much. That sounds bad, but it's the truth! :rotfl:

So World of Color... I honestly didn't even consider it. Is it really that awesome? I'm just not sure it's for us... Ben doesn't really care for parades or firework type stuff, and I am only a bit more interested than he is.
For example, I only just saw Fantasmic for the first time in September, and I thought it was cool, but won't need to see it again.
So I guess my question is: do you think someone who doesn't really care about Fantasmic or Illuminations or Wishes consider World of Color a must do?

Also, THANK YOU for all of your insightful and helpful replies! I will absolutely ride Indiana Jones as much as I possibly can for you! :goodvibes

Bummer that V&A doesn't take TiW anymore! We almost didn't ask, because at a place like that it felt weird to ask for a discount, but our server was SO nice and amazing that we finally did mention it and saved a ridiculous amount. That discount paid for the card alone, I think!
In general, though, we'll still make great use of the TiW. Especially since we drink so much. That sounds bad, but it's the truth! :rotfl:

So World of Color... I honestly didn't even consider it. Is it really that awesome? I'm just not sure it's for us... Ben doesn't really care for parades or firework type stuff, and I am only a bit more interested than he is.
For example, I only just saw Fantasmic for the first time in September, and I thought it was cool, but won't need to see it again.
So I guess my question is: do you think someone who doesn't really care about Fantasmic or Illuminations or Wishes consider World of Color a must do?

Also, THANK YOU for all of your insightful and helpful replies! I will absolutely ride Indiana Jones as much as I possibly can for you! :goodvibes

I am not a huge fan of Fantasmic or Illuminations though do love Wishes. World of Color is totally different though. Really spectacular. I really think it would be worth planning to see - you could maybe get a dining reservation (Carthay Circle offers it) with the FP to see it, so you really don't need to invest much time in finding a spot to watch and all that. Or there are also FP kiosks in the park specifically for WoC.

During our DL trip this May, I was so glad we saw Fantasmic first and WoC second, because if it had been the other way around we would have been totally disappointed with Fantasmic. WoC was 100% worth the little bit of time we waited for the show to start.

Ben doesn't really care for parades or firework type stuff, and I am only a bit more interested than he is.

Just for a bit of clarification, I absolutely LOVED HalloWishes and thought the the Boo-To-You Parade was amazing (grave diggers and ballroom dancers, I'm looking at you!). That said, I thought the Christmas Party Wishes and parade were OK and not something I'd need to see again. We do try to see the regular Wishes and MMaY once a trip, but we don't necessarily spend a lot of time to get a good spot. I've only made the time to watch Illuminations once, and I've never seen Fantasmic and am not interested to invest the time waiting for it.

That said, I watched a few minutes of a YouTube video of WoC (from 2010) and thought it looked pretty good, so if it fits, I'm fine with checking it out :)

As far behind as I am, I couldn't not pop over to join along in your plans. So here I am :wave:

Not caught up... I wanted to comment on your page 1 updates (yes, I think I may be just attempting a page at at time on all my subscriptions in order to not find that one or more have gone unread for months. :eek:)

Dis hiatis - I can really understand. I have a TR from January I am working on.. I swear I will finish. There are threads I mean to get read but never get to. Life has been busy and some days it is just hard enough to make my trip plans let alone document them on dis.

Expedition Everest Challenge - Yay! So did you fall in love with RunDisney events? Congrats on finishing that one. I have always wanted to do that one but to travel "just" for that one just hasn't happened.

PNW trip - I wish that I knew you had been up my way. Looks like you were here during some great weather. (that we do have often enough)

Mini WDW trip - That sounds like it was a challenging trip. Not only in having Gerry struggle so but in transportation. I think the THV look amazing but I fear the bus situation would be more than I could handle. We had to share with SSR for race transport from OKW and it was CRAZY.

Fantasmic - That was your first time? You certainly got great seats!!! I do agree though. The wait for the show and how much time you need to set aside just to be able to get a seat seems a bit ridiculous.

Ok, again... not caught up but at least that is a start and I have announced my presence.:goodvibes

Yay for DL! We are so excited to be back there in just a few months from now! BUT...we are pretty much devastated that World of Color will be down for refurb while we are there. :sad::sad::sad: It's seriously the most amazing Disney nighttime show that has ever been created, and I would be doing you a disservice not to recommend that you at least try to fit it into your plans. It's incredible!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter