Summer Trip No. 2

who's ur daddy?

Mouseketeer
So everyone gave me some great tips for our road trip to NYC last year. Hit the NY State Fair, Howe's Caverns, outlet shopping, Great Wolf in the Poconos, Syracuse Children's Play Museum... great trip.

This year's ultimate destination is Moncton, N.B. to visit some friends. Whole trip would be from 10 days to possibly 2 weeks. I can probably do 5 hours of driving a day. Please suggest some en route destinations as well as routes themselves. Personally, heading East in Canada, I have never driven past Kingston myself, so there's a whole new world out there for us... Not adverse to travelling through the U.S. routes either, tolls be damned.

Thanks in advance!!!

On different trips to the East Coast, we've crossed the border near Montreal and then stopped in New Hampshire near Gorham. Depending on the age of your children, the following options are nearby... Mount Washington Auto Road, Mount Washington Cog Railway, Santa's Village, Six Gun City & Fort Splash, Story Land, and Wildcat Mountain Resort.

About 40 minutes south of Gorham is North Conway. Here you will find the Conway Scenic Railroad and Settler's Green Outlet Village (no state taxes in NH).

This is the route we take. It's about 6 1/2 hours from Kingston to Gorham, NH.

Another benefit of this route is that the gas should be cheaper :rotfl2:

On different trips to the East Coast, we've crossed the border near Montreal and then stopped in New Hampshire near Gorham. Depending on the age of your children, the following options are nearby... Mount Washington Auto Road, Mount Washington Cog Railway, Santa's Village, Six Gun City & Fort Splash, Story Land, and Wildcat Mountain Resort.

About 40 minutes south of Gorham is North Conway. Here you will find the Conway Scenic Railroad and Settler's Green Outlet Village (no state taxes in NH).

This is the route we take. It's about 6 1/2 hours from Kingston to Gorham, NH.

Another benefit of this route is that the gas should be cheaper :rotfl2:

Great suggestions! Maybe well make Montreal our first stop and Gorham our second stop.

How about the US route to Moncton and the Canadian route back - I've never done it but it sounds interesting.

From Maine-Moncton:
If you like fried seafood (I go for whole clams because I can't find them in Toronto) stop at Ossie's Lunch right on the highway at Bethel, NB. Down a nearby street (Oven Head Rd) you can get some nice smoked salmon.

Hopewell Rocks in Fundy National Park is a nice outdoors activity but make sure you google tide times to make sure it will be out when you are there.

If you have any interest in Anne of Green Gables, you could make a long-day/overnight trip to Cavendish, PEI to visit the Lucy Maud Montgomery Historic Site and the Avonlea attraction next to it. There's also nice sand dunes at the National Park and lobster suppers everywhere.

Going back through Fredericton, you could stop at Kings Landing for a glimpse of 19th century Canadiana.

Stop in Quebec city for the old town and more history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter