Summer too hot for dessert party????

Finally_Talking

Mouseketeer
After reading a few posts here, I am thinking about trying to book the wishes dessert party if it's offered in July. I am wondering if anyone here has done this during a warm (ok, extremely hot) month. Is it still worth trying - or do all the desserts get really melty and yucky??? Did you even feel like eating all that stuff in the heat and humidity? Thanks for any opinions/experiences.

Is the dessert party still held in the "Noodle Station"? I would think it would be indoors and air conditioned.

It is stifling in July - the Noodle station is not indoors and is not air conditioned. The venue itself is so horribly hot, and this was at night in the dark, when the sun had gone down. The materials seem to suck in the heat and humidity, so we were very hot.

The heat and humidity made the desserts soggy (gross) and the beverages warm. Perhaps they've refurbished with some new cooling stations, but last July, it was yucky hot and this affected people's moods and the food/beverages. The worst were the chocolate covered strawberries - extremely soggy and warm. Yuck!

Good luck, Tiger

I would like to try the dessert party but the only problem with it i see is getting sick all night from eating a ton of sweets. I dont feel its worth the money, especially if we eat at a buffet hours before and have desserts on the buffet anyway. I just cant justify the cost for 5 people.

I would like to try the dessert party but the only problem with it i see is getting sick all night from eating a ton of sweets. I dont feel its worth the money, especially if we eat at a buffet hours before and have desserts on the buffet anyway. I just cant justify the cost for 5 people.

I agree. We don't think it is worth the money either. We prefer to just get a Mickey Bar and find a spot to watch Wishes.

I just booked for July 22nd.

We aren't eating a big dinner that night. We'll probably use some snack credits and keep it light with fresh fruit and water to keep us satiated until the party.

I'm hoping that one of the things they "fixed" when it was down for a while was how they keep the items cool and fresh. I intend to get there about 15 minutes before our time (9pm) and grab our plates and sit down to enjoy people watching until the fireworks start.

I'll be posting a report upon my return with pictures as well.

We did the dessert party last July and the heat definitely made a difference. Things were getting melty very quickly and I recall at least 2 times when I went to pick up something with the tongs and it was so soft from the heat that it dropped right out of my tongs and onto another serving tray. I felt so embarrassed, like I was making a mess! I didn't think it made enough of a difference to decide not to go, but the food was definitely affected.

We LOVE chocolate, and I will say that the other affect the heat had is that we didn't eat as much as we thought we would because the heat made us feel like we weren't very hungry and we didn't feel like eating much super sweet stuff (which is saying a LOT for us :rotfl:) When we went it was cheaper, I don't know if I'd pay the price they're charging now, knowing how little we ate in the heat.

I will say, however, that I've looked at some pictures from more recent ones and it looks as though they've put the desserts under some 'salad bar' style case which maybe cools the food? :confused3 Last year everything was just put onto a table, buffet style.

I just booked for July 22nd.

We aren't eating a big dinner that night. We'll probably use some snack credits and keep it light with fresh fruit and water to keep us satiated until the party.

I'm hoping that one of the things they "fixed" when it was down for a while was how they keep the items cool and fresh. I intend to get there about 15 minutes before our time (9pm) and grab our plates and sit down to enjoy people watching until the fireworks start.

I'll be posting a report upon my return with pictures as well.

You may want to get there more than 15 minutes before your time if the fireworks start at 9:00. We got there about 40 minutes before our time, and yes, there is reserved seating, but by the time you find your table, get your food, etc... It takes more than 15 minutes.

I know everyone has this vision of sitting at their table, eating, and watching the fireworks, but that's not the case. Most of the tables have the roof over them, so you cannot see well if you're sitting at your table. Most people went up and stood along the wall to watch, and starting doing so about 15 minutes before the show. Therefore, you need enough time to find your table, go get your food, eat your food, and find a spot along the wall before everyone crowds up there (not that it's super crowded, but I don't like to have anyone standing in front of me ;) )

I have gone twice - End of August very hot, and Mid April - very chilly. Each experience was different but wonderful. My August treats did NOT melt nor were they less yummy because of the heat.

In August, I was very very warm. The cold fruit and chilled desserts tasted wonderful with the heat. I even had some coffee (also had iced cold tea)

In April, we were very cold. Jackets, etc. The desserts obviously were very very chilled. I almost would have preferrred something warm, like a warm filled cake. But it still was wonderful.

The price you pay is for the area, lack of crowds, and the wow factor of being right where Tink flies. Too many people are trying to justify eating enough desserts to cover the price and getting sick. I did NOT eat an over abundance of desserts either time. Did I feel I wasted my money - absolutely not. I was too excited to have a chair over the Main Street pavement, great conversations with other famililies and the ability to actually hear them, and the lack of tension that comes with smaller crowds.

My mother always taught me "to each their own". If this sounds like something that will make you happy (not necessarily in a sugar coma) by all means try it. Well worth the money in my opinion.

I booked this morning for June 21st! This will be our arrival day and I want my parents to be able to sit and relax, have a cold drink and some dessert. My kids will be happy to have a place to sit some snacks and to see Tink fly over.

Does anyone know if they have made the area cooler? I've checked posts, but can't seem to find out.

Thanks!

To be honest i would be afraid to eat all those desserts before going to bed, not worth it to me overindulging so late in the night and being sick that night and possibly the next day. Better to eat those things earlier in the night

I havent been before but I heard they have added many celing fans to this venue.......anyone else hear that?

:woohoo:

Does anyone know if they have made the area cooler? I've checked posts, but can't seem to find out.

Thanks!

We are going June 11, so I will know then and post when I return.

I havent been before but I heard they have added many celing fans to this venue.......anyone else hear that?

:woohoo:

I'm curious too. We did this in July of 2009 right when it first began (and it was cheaper :thumbsup2) and everything was SO melty! It didn't necessarily affect the taste, but you couldn't pick anything up with the tongs because it would just squish out of them and fall on the table. It was a mess! :rotfl:

I've seen recent pictures that show a glass 'salad bar type' case that the desserts are under now, which wasn't the case last year when I reported the melting issues. We just booked again for July so I'm curious to hear recent reports too :)

The desserts are now in an encased buffet server that provides cooling for them. On our last visit a few weeks ago it was in the low 90's the day of the party and we were very comfortable seated at our table; there were an abundance of ceiling fans.

The seating was handled differently this trip (for our party anyway) everyone was allowed in at the same time regardless of their reservation :confused3
When we arrived we were told we "had plenty of time to ride some things" as they were not going to allow people in until 9:00 which was one hour before the fireworks. Our reservations were for 8:45. I asked about seating and since we were the only ones there she did show us our table that already had our families name on it. She said all the tables were pre assigned and we could just return at 9.

We actually liked this, we had time to ride Buzz twice and see Monsters Inc then just walked back waited in the line for a few minutes and were seated.

The desserts were fresh and plentiful and we had a wonderful time. As another poster said I really was aware that I was paying for the location and it was well worth it to see Tink directly over head and just generally relax and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter