Summer time first show Spirit of Aloha questions

RedsoxMickey

Mouseketeer
Believe it or not in all my trips to the World, I have never been and we have ADR for 5:15 show on our first night of our trip,on August 19th. Me, DW, DS(10), DD(7)
1. Is it going to be completly uncomfortable with the August heat - second show was booked when I had called
2. I called about a month ago so are my seats going to be completely crappy as they currently do seating based on when you booked. Wish I could pay more for betting seating but can't

Should I keep my ADR for Spirit or do something else?
As a frame of reference we do NOT like Hoop De Doo dinner show

I can answer about the seating......not the heat. When we went in August 3 years ago I called 3 weeks before we left and booked the show. Our seats were AWESOME...there were 4 of us and we were at the end of the long blue table that is now Category 1 (if you look at the new seating charts). I picked our tickets up the day we arrived at the resort, 4 days before the performance. I'm not sure how they do seating :confused3 We went to the later show and while it was still hot we were not uncomfortable. :thumbsup2

We liked the Luau, but we were there in January and it was FREEZING! Our plan was to do the Luau (our kids were the same age as yours) and then go to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks, but it was too cold. You should be fine, the tables are under a canopy thingy, so you're not in the direct sun.

And once those hula dancers come on stage, and you have an ice cold beer infront of you - heat? What heat?

Might I ask a couple of other questions?

I pick up the tickets at our resort when we check in? We are staying at the All Star Sports? :confused3

I have the first show reserved as we plan to walk down to the beach afterward and catch the EWP and possibly see Wishes afterward. I think EWP comes by around 9-9:15 and MK closes at around 8-9 so I am thinking the timing would be good. :love:

Can we get our drinks 'to go' as I am far too cheap to shell out big bucks for something to sip on while we are waiting for the parade. (sorry if this offends some but that is just the way it is). :thumbsup2

If we are given great seats might we politely request seats not so close as neither of us want to shake our booties and someone else might want to? :banana:

This will probably be a once in a lifetime thing for us as I cannot see myself paying those kind of bucks for mediocre food. (yes we are getting FREE food) Looking foward to the fire dancers though. :)

Slightly Goofy

We went to the show in July, pretty much the same kind of heat, if not a little worse in August.

Our show was last minute too, so our seats were in the very back. You could see alright, nothing great.

The heat did bother us, even our girls. We had just come from the park, went to our room at the Poly for a few minutes to change, and we were uncomfortable. They have fans above you but after being in the heat all day or most of the day, I see why people choose the later show. If its all you can get, go, maybe make that day a resort day and swim play etc, nap before you go, then go to the parks after the show.

good luck. I know how ya feel. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter