Summer & Steven's Fairytale Wedding TR, 20th Aug SBP Baby Pics!!!

Summer, so very glad you were able to get to the Party. Cannot wait to see how much fun you had.

Hey Summer - soooo glad to see you back here. I was so delighted when your name popped up in my email that you were back on the Dis.

Anyway, it is so funny how we all used each others names. Whenever we are down in Disney I always say - oh - Summer was married here or Vanessa had her reception there or Carrie had her ceremony here.

Glad you are back and it is wonderful reading your report and checking out all your pictures.

Anyway back to your report.

Linda

Pixie dust all around!!! We really enjoyed the Pirate and Princess Party, so can't wait to see how you liked it.

We are staying at Bay Lake Tower in Sept :cool1: I don't think we'll ever go again and not stay onsite...onsite is a wonderful thing.

I also have PCOS, and we were told that without extreme intervention, we would never have a baby. I guess the joke was on them b/c 14 days after they told us that...I was preggo! Don't give up hope :goodvibes it worked for us!! Don't let whatever they say get you down. It will happen!:goodvibes

We went old-school with her name, as we wanted her to go to school without having a ton of kids her age with the same name...my name is really common, so THANKS!

OMG! That's 5 PhD thesis you've written already!!! :lmao: I love yoru arch photo too - it's one of my favourites. I can't wait to hear all about the party and to see your outfits!!! :goodvibes

Yeah for Pixie Dust. Can't wait to read about the party. We went to the Halloween Party 2 days after we got Engaged and loved it. I am hoping to go on our Honeymoon this year. Keep the report coming I am really glad you are back writting it.

pjstevens - Yeah, we eventually did go to the Party and we got some great pictures of the fireworks. It was so much fun, especially collecting all that chocolate.

lpizzuro123 - Glad to see you back on board :hug:I know what you mean about referring to other brides, I do it all the time Steven actually knows who I am talking about!! So how have you been, any news?

MUDisneyCouple - Onsite is the only way to do Disney imo now. Since we stayed onsite we have never even considered returning any other way, especially with the dining plan. Oooh Bay Lake Towers, they look fab, got any ADR's plan that might clash with mine?
It is so comforting to read about success stories of ladies with PCOS. I am hopeful that it will happen, I just need to have faith. Who knows, a trip to Disney might bring me more pixie dust!

Kirsteen - YUP, I can't believe I have written that much myself. If you included all the comments that I have written too, it is probably sitting at over 110,000:woohoo: That arch photo is definitely one of my faves.

blondie7 - The party will be coming up in the next couple of sections. We both really enjoyed and it was well worth the wait for the fireworks alone. I think the Halloween party would be fab!

So I think I am doing really well, pat on the back for Summer:laughing: I am still writing my TR and my updates are every few days, that is pretty good for me. So as not to break the spell, here is another update!

So after all the excitement of getting the tickets and telling Steven that we were most definitely going no matter what, I couldn't wait to get back to the room to shower and straighten my hair. Every day my hair bugged me, it was way too short and I cursed the hairdresser that didn't understand what "keeping the length" meant.

I put my hair up after it was straightened and curled the sides. I felt so much better afterwards and celebrated with a can of diet coke and a mini dessert! The view from the balcony never got old and we both could have sat out there all night. But that wasn't to be, as we had Artist Point booked and this was another restaurant I was really looking forward to.

I decided that we should take the monorail to MK and then hop on the water launch to get to Artist Point and as we hadn't yet visited Wilderness Lodge, I thought it might be nice to leave earlier so we could have a look around.

hall2.jpg

The hall from our room:

hall.jpg

As we were leaving we noticed the band at The Grand Floridian had started to play:

Band.jpg

They were pretty good and I noticed that loads of people were sitting down and listening to them. It was very relaxing.

The monorail came quickly and we got some pictures of The Grand Floridian as we turned the corner. It looked so peaceful :
GF2.jpg
GF.jpg

It was deceiving, although it was quite overcast when we got that picture, by the time we reached the boat launch it was bright again:
me1.jpg
me2-1.jpg

Ummm, I probably need to explain those pictures as yes, they are indeed blurry, BUT Steven actually made me shake my head...fast. He thought it would make for some interesting pictures, which it did, but to the untrained eye LOL, it probably just looks out of focus. I wonder what people thought I was doing while we waited, maybe they thought it was bees or something. That might explain why we were sitting alone on the boat...

When we arrived we got some pictures of the outside of the resort as it really was an exceptional looking resort. I LOVED the dark wood which made it all seem very cosy. I could imagine a cool winter’s day here, I would definitely like to stay at this resort one day:

WL.jpg
WL2.jpg

I loved the winding paths leading up to the main entrance:

WL3.jpg

The interior was beautiful, it reminded me of AKL but the lighting made it easier on the eye. I was taken aback by how different all the resorts were. They were all stunning in their own way and I am hard pressed to say which resort I like the best. One day I hope to stay in them all, but until then I will just have to enjoy the view:

DSCF1470.jpg

We wandered about the lobby for a while until we found Artist Point. We checked in and were lucky enough to be seated with a view of the waterfall! Our server was very friendly and immediately presented us with menus, wished us a hearty Happy Honeymoon and offered us drinks. We took our usual, 2 diet cokes!

The interior of Artist Point was really nice, bright with high ceilings and warm cherry wood tables. Our server returned with our drinks and wondered if we would be interested in hearing his recommendations. We were. For appetiser he suggested the Portobello soup but neither of us is overly fond of mushroom soup, and the Venison Spring Rolls. For our entrée he suggested the Cedar Plank Salmon, but neither of us like Salmon.

We both opted for the Venison Spring Rolls and for my entree I took the Grilled Buffalo Sirloin Steak and Steven took the Pork with Macaroni and Blue Cheese.

I had gone back and forth on whether or not to keep my reservation at this restaurant more than any others. Most of the time I had read great reviews, but just before we were due to leave I read a very disappointing review and as I was trying my best to make our trip perfect, I cancelled our reservation. A few days before we left I searched and searched for another restaurant to tempt me, but couldn’t find anything at such short notice, so I decided to try my luck with Artist Point and hope for the best. The menu did appeal, but that negative review really stuck with me and I was worried I might have set myself for a huge disappointment.

Our appetisers came quickly and we were presented with two large, golden spring rolls with a side salad and dipping sauce. These were by far the best looking spring rolls I had seen. They were perfectly crispy on the outside and not greasy in the slightest. I was met with a satisfying crunch as I bit into the roll. The venison within was awesome! Steven has never shown any interest in venison before but that all changed there and then. He commented, through mouthfuls of spring roll, that they were the best he had ever tasted. The dipping sauce was a hot sweet and sour which worked very well with the venison. Although we were only given two rolls each, I could have quite happily eaten another four to myself! :eek:

Our entrees arrived and I was excited to try buffalo. It was served with sweet potato and hazelnut gratin and sweet onion marmalade. I received a very large portion of buffalo, perfectly cooked. The buffalo was so tender to cut and literally melted in my mouth. The sweet potatoes and onion jam complimented the meat perfectly and I could only bring myself to offer Steven a small morsel, as I greedily wanted to save most of it for myself. Having never tried buffalo I didn’t know what to expect, it was a very meaty dish if that makes sense, not as strong as venison, but stronger than steak. The texture was great, my jaw wasn’t sore from chewing and I could taste the juices with each bite. It was like a really, really good piece of steak, tender and flavoursome, that I would definitely order when I visit again.

I needn’t have worried that Steven would go hungry as he was tucking in to his dish, tucking is the best phrase to describe it:rotfl: as that is exactly what he was doing. I was lucky he even stopped to taste the buffalo! He was practically crying his meal was that good. He said that the pork, which did look very good I admit, was slightly salty and that the mildness of the plain cheese and sharpness of the blue cheese was the best thing he had tasted. He kept pointing to chunks of blue cheese on his plate going “Look, look at the size of that chunk” I screwed my nose up, as I hate blue cheese but I agreed to try the mix and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn’t eat a whole dish, as I am just not that into cheese, but as it wasn’t my dish, I didn’t have to. Steven happily ate the rest alone and paused only briefly for air.

Our server was very pleased that we clearly loved our dishes and offered us dessert. Steven quickly decided on the Berry Cobbler and I chose the Coffee Two Ways which was a bread pudding and crème brulee.

Steven’s berry cobbler was HUGE and I am not exaggerating, he had a MOUNTAIN of berries and underneath all that was cobbler with more berries! He claimed to be full before it arrived, but his face lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw this dessert. There were blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with black raspberry ice cream. I didn’t even get an offer of this dessert as once he tasted it, he practically picked up the bowl and poured it down his throat! I will agree it looked amazing, but as I don’t like berries at all, it wouldn’t have appealed to me.

My dessert was more understated, the mocchachino bread pudding was actually really nice. This surprised me as I didn’t think much of Raglan Road’s Bread and Butter Pudding which I know is most people’s “to die for” dessert. It was so nice I finished it all. The crème brulee was also pretty good but I was really full and couldn’t manage to finish everything. Crème brulee is still something that I don’t really get. I know many people rave about crème brulee, but it is not something I would normally order and I definitely don’t by from the store. However I was impressed with this dessert as I hadn’t expected to like either the bread pudding or brulee, but I had in fact liked both.

We paid for this using our dining plan which was 2 Table Service credits each. Steven said that this was the best meal he had ever had, here or anywhere. I will agree that overall our experience at Artist Point had been wonderful. The food had surpassed my expectations and to see Steven so taken with a meal pleased me. I was very glad I decided to keep my reservation for Artist Point. It was so well received, it is on our list to visit twice in September.

We left Artist Point fully satisfied and caught the boat back to the MK to get the monorail to our resort. We arrived to our room and couldn't help but go out on the balcony for a nightcap. It was such a beautiful evening and again that view was perfection. Another magical day over, we wondered what tomorrow would bring...

Coming up...

Downtown Disney and Disney Quest

Summer, wow that sounds so yummy. We've never eaten at Artist Point, but you are making me rethink that one. But where are your food pics this time :) I am not a bread pudding person, nor cream brulee, but Stevens sounds scrumptious.

What does tucking mean?

Summer-
I haven't posted since you've been writing again, but I have been reading right along! Excellent job as usual!

Artist Point is one of our faves! It was the first place we took Eoghan's parents to on their first night and believe it or not, we just planned a whole trip with my mom around eating at Artist Point as she had never been there and I thought to myself "well, that just won't do at all!" so now my mom is coming with us for the first 5 nights of our trip in Sept! :lmao:
And it all started with Artist Point!:lmao:

We have gotten the Grilled Tenderloin the last 2 times and it was soo good! We always get the Berry Cobbler (we each get our own because we refuse to share it!)
Given Steven's reaction I might get the Pork next time however instead of the Tenderloin..hmm...hope these 6 months go by fast! LOL

There's also a salad we really like there and I like the Artisan Cheese thing which we share...

oh man, now I'm hungry! :)

Keep up the good work on the TR! I'm loving it!

What does tucking mean?

LMAO, it means just really going for it, another phrase for devouring really. He pretty much did that for every course at Artist Point, he still goes on about his meal there. I didn't take pictures of any of my meals, I had started but we ran out of space on the memory card so deleted all the food ones. I vow to take pics this time so I can do a full detailed report of my dining!

Lorelei528 - Nice to see you reading along, I often wonder if everyone is still on the boards that used to visit.
Isn't Artist Point fab? I had no idea it was going to be that good, I was so surprised. I have had a look at the menu and I notice the pork that Steven had is not on, neither is the exact buffalo I had although buffalo is still there with a lovely sounding chocolate sauce:cloud9:I am SO Having that! It just seems like everyone is going to WDW in September!!!
Well I really hope your mum enjoys Artist Point as much as we did, I notice the desserts look a bit strange on the new menu though, I am hoping for cheesecake by September:laughing:

I love looking at your GF photos Summer, it makes me feel very nostalgic :goodvibes Another great update :surfweb: I don't want it to end! :rotfl:

Summer-
Excuse my ignorance, but what is PCOS?

Also, what dates will you be in WDW in Sept? Are you doing a PTR at all? :)

Lorelei - PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, it screws up my cycles and quite a lot of women with it need help to concieve. When I was younger I used to think that not having a cycle was great, but now that we do want a family it isn't so handy. I am currently on my 18th month with no visitor:confused3
We will be at WDW between the 9th and 25th of Sept. I haven't done a PTR yet, but I will do once I sort out ALL my ADRs, I am currently moving some about just now online! When will you be there?

Summer-
Ah, ok, I have heard of it. WOW. 18 months! I actually have uterine fibroids so I kind of understand...

We arrive on Sept. 25! We'll just miss you!! I really would have liked to have met you and Steven, if it weren't for you both, I don't know if we would have gone with Rev. Miller! So you and Steven kind of had a big part in our dream come true wedding! :goodvibes

We won't get to AKL 'till about 4 in the afternoon I think as our plane lands at about 2. I'm sure you'll be on your way back to the airport by then! :sad1:

Aww that is such a shame, our flight is at 8.25pm that day and I am sure we need to check in a few hours beforehand. I would have loved to have met you. I wish I could extend our trip for just one day:sad2: That is very sweet of you to say we played a part in you getting your dream wedding. I hope he was as wonderful for you as he was for us. Hmmm, need to look at your TR...

If you're taking DME, they pick you up I think 3 hours before your flight. Where will you be staying? AKL maybe? :) LOL

WOW, we really will just miss each other, we'll be just arriving on property and you'll be leaving! Crazy!

I still have not finished my TR, but the wedding is up there. I have some of the day after the wedding up, but not the whole thing. You have totally motivated me to do more though!! :goodvibes

Yes we have Magical Express booked. We are staying at Old Key West, that sux!
Oh you must work on your TR, I mean you can see how long it is taking me to finish it, but it is so worth it, I love the memories it brings back. Gonna check it out now

Artist Point huh? I never really thought about visiting that one as I am not a fan of non-conventional meats (funny, as I ate everything from goose, to rabbit, to venison, etc as a child because my Dad hunts a lot). Maybe I got burnt out :rotfl:

My Mom and I had a great time except for the cold weather. The high was like 58 degrees while we were there and the normal temp for that time of the year was 70. We were a bit cold, but still had a very good time. We were celebrating my Momma's successful surgery...we had a cancer scare and I promised her as soon as everything came out ok we would celebrate together at Disney ;)

As of now we don't have plans to visit in September, but I always beg every year for another trip....so we'll have to see...cross your fingers :thumbsup2

Keep it coming girl...I'm excited to hear more popcorn::

Anna Marie

Kirsteen - I know, just to think I didn't even want to get moved to The Grand Floridian:eek:, I really wanted The Poly but there was no availability. God bless the construction at AKL:lmao: I would love to stay at The GF again some time, but 7 nights concierge is not in mu budget for a long, long time.

Anna Marie - Glad to hear you had a good time (how could you not) at Disney despite the cold. Also wonderful news on your mom, what better way to celebrate than a trip to Disney. September is an awesome time to go to Disney (so I heard) ;)

I am working on the next part of my TR and it will likely be up tomorrow. I have been rescheduling a lot of my ADRs for Septembers trip today:rolleyes: I think I need to do a pre trip report, where do I post them?

Don't forget we finally get to go to the Pirate and Princess Party in the next installments (three times a charm right)

I don't think any of our ADRs will compete since we won't be there until the 29th...we'll just miss you :sad2:

We went to Artist's Pointe on our honeymoon and LOVED it!!! I'm so glad that you guys had a great experience too.

18 months is a long time...I can SO relate. Best of luck to you and I will be wishing for extra pixie dust and a little souveniour :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter