Summer & Steven's Fairytale Wedding TR, 20th Aug SBP Baby Pics!!!

Maddiesmum03 - Yay you are back here too, it is so nice to see all the familiar names pop back up in my TR. I hate not being able to access this site everyday like I used to. I never did get around to reading your report. I will have to copy and paste it so I can read it when I am supposed to be working, LOL. :hug:

blondie7 - Yay you too, it is like a little reunion, I feel like I have missed a lot. CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding, wow, October isn't far away at all. I can't believe you are in the UK is your fiance from here or Canada? Our Canada plans are on hold indefintely as the recession hit us pretty badly, especially when we tried to sell the house. Hope you are enjoying it over here though. Feel free to ask me questions if you need to, I will do my best to help out if I can. :hug:

So we both had plenty of time to shower and it appeared that I had managed to get a bit burnt while out on the boats, luckily it wasn't too bad as we had our honeymoon photo shoot in the morning and I didn't want to appear red in the photos!

We decided to dress up a bit more than usual for our meal at California Grill. My expectations were really high for this restaurant as all the reviews I had read had been fantastic, this was one meal I had never considered cancelling. I was disappointed that my mum didn't get to eat here, but in one week there was only so much I could do. I had initially reserved California Grill on a day my mum was still with us, but the 2 TS credits it required was too much out of her daily allowance (well had I known she was going to go to the Food Court one day, that would have helped)

Anyway I had looked at the menu months ago and had pretty much decided what I was going to have, I had pretty much decided what Steven was going to have too LOL.

We arrived at The Contemporary Resort after hopping on the monorail from our resort. I was excited to be going to the top and couldn't wait to see the view over MK. As soon as we got off the elevator a nice gentleman welcomed us to the California Grill and took our names. We were offered to sit at the bar for a drink if we wanted but as neither of us drink much (well coke maybe), we just declined. We only stood for about 5 minutes and the hostess showed us to our table. Unfortunately we didn't get an exact window seat, but we did have a view so I was quite happy where we had been seated.

There was confetti all over our table and the hostess came over and asked if she could take our picture. We said okay, a bit surprised however as she didn't use our camera...

California Grill is much bigger than it appeared online, much bigger and much louder! It was really crowded and although this didn't bother me much, it didn't have a very adult feeling about it, which had always been my initial impression of this place.

Our waiter came over and asked us if we wanted drinks (2 diet cokes) and then left us with our menus. I glanced at the menu to see if everything I had wanted was there (it was) and waited to see what Steven would order.
We both chose the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli for our appetiser and ordered the Oak-fired Filet of Beef for our main. I was quite surprised by this as I half expected Steven to order chicken again but he said the last few steaks he had ordered had been great so was going for another tonight.

We people watched while we waited and tried to have a conversation, but the restaurant was really loud so most of the time we felt we had to talk rather loudly to be heard. Luckily we didn't have to wait too long for our appetisers.

As we both chose the same I can clearly state both our impressions of this ravioli. I had been hoping this was going to be amazing and I wish I could say that, but unfortunately it was very wet. Let me explain...

The ravioli itself was gorgeous, the sharpness of the goats cheese worked really well with the mushrooms and basil but the sun dried tomato sauce did not appeal to me and made the whole dish taste soggy:eek: My bowl/plate seemed to be full of this sauce and the poor ravioli was drowning in it. This made the actual ravioli taste wet and the flavours didn't stand out. When I realised that the actual sauce was destroying this dish, I scraped the sauce off and ate the ravioli alone and this is when I could actually taste the different flavours and textures. Steven didn't really like his dish at all:sad1:, he agreed that it was wet and didn't attempt to salvage it. I on the other hand wanted to like it so I was damn well going to try and fix it. So once I had scraped all the sauce off, it tasted much better but to be honest it hadn't lived up the hype. Maybe there isn't normally that amount of sauce, I certainly hope not, so I am willing to try this dish again on our return.

We waited a long time for our main meal and as we waited so long we were able to take a time out and go and see Wishes from the outside balcony which our hostess came over to let us know about. This was the highlight of this restaurant for us. Seeing Wishes from the top of the Contemporary Resort was wonderful. It was a beautiful sight:cloud9: and I wish we had taken some pictures of it as we were so close to the action. There was a beautiful breeze that night and the balcony filled up quickly, we struggled to get a good viewing position as so many people wanted it too, but luckily most places gave a good view of the fireworks below. It was nice to hear the music being piped in as it does add to the enjoyment of the show. Again this was my favourite show but I was yet to see it from the ground. Once it was over we made our way inside and hoped that our main meal would soon follow.

After another 10 minute wait our main meal found its way to our table. The filet was beautiful and had a slight smoky taste, perfectly cooked and cut like butter. Ordering medium seemed to be the way to go for us, even Steven didn't complain. I LOVED the teriyaki sauce which added a slightly sweet but tangy taste to the dish. The mash potato was so creamy and I think Steven would have happily had that alone. The portion was large and before long I was feeling pretty full. This worried me as I refused to leave without having or at least taking my dessert! It was getting late and I didn't particularly want to eat something so sweet this late, but needs must! I cleaned my plate bar some vegetables and although it wasn't the best steak I had eaten at Disney it was certainly up there.

Ten minutes after we finished our plates were cleared and we ordered our dessert to go after much pleading with Steven. In the UK I don't know if it is commonplace to order a dessert to go, to be honest I have never even asked if this was possible, I haven't seen anyone do it and I wouldn't want to be looked at like I was weird! However in the US, it seems normal to do this and containers do exist to house dessert and even complete meals to take home, WOW! :rolleyes:

So for both of us I ordered the Bananas and Caramel as I thought it sounded gorgeous. We didn't have far to travel so I hoped it would be okay to take back to the resort and eat on the balcony. I can't say I gave it much thought and if I had I probably would have ordered something a bit easier to take away. When the dessert arrived it was clear that the mascarpone mousse wasn't going to take to the heat very well so it was probably going to be a foamy mess by the time we got back.

Just before we left the hostess came over with a card, inside was our photo and a picture of the Magic Kingdom during Wishes. The card wished us a Happy Honeymoon and was signed by the chef. I was touched and I thought this was a really nice gesture.:lovestruc

Now, I will say while our waiter wasn't rude to us directly, his waiting skills left a lot to be desired, so did his chat up skills if I'm honest. For the majority of our meal he was TRYING and I emphasise the word TRYING, to sweet talk a little redheaded waitress. He was so caught up in this that he barely remembered he had tables to wait on. I did hear some of his lines, and they needed much improvement if he was going to get anywhere with her or anyone for that matter, but he persevered, much to our disappointment. This was the worst service we had on property and had the food not been up to much, I probably wouldn't consider coming back here.

California Grill had really nice food and the view was stunning, but it was a bit loud and the service from our waiter was terrible. I did see other tables get better service from other waiters, so I will put this down to just being unlucky. I wouldn't agree that it was worth the 2 TS but I am eager to give it another go as I think it may have been an off night, I would however make our reservation after Wishes.

When we got back to the resort our dessert was indeed a foamy mess and if presentation of food normally gets the taste buds going, then it would have mine going in the opposite direction. Although it didn't look pretty, it certainly tasted pretty and you could tell that it would have been lovely had it been eaten at the restaurant. The caramel was smooth and creamy and the caramelised banana was oh so sweet but oh so moreish. The mascarpone unfortunately had melted, probably with the heat of the bananas, but it too would have been nice. I was full, but I had to sample it and once I started it was hard to put down. Steven had a bite but wasn't that impressed. I didn't finish it and threw the rest away as our fridge was slowly getting filled up with mini desserts from the previous nights LOL.

We stayed on the balcony for a little longer and chatted about what the next day would hold. We had an early morning ahead of us as we had the Epcot honeymoon shoot. We looked out at the night sky and sighed contentedly.

Coming up...

Epcot honeymoon shoot

Wow! Not only did you come back to us with updates, but we get 3 in one day! I'm so glad to have you back Summer!

Summer,

I am so glad to see you posting. I've thought of you often. Love that you are continuing your TR. How is the economy over there? Are you still doing updates to your house? I see you have a trip coming up? Can't wait to hear some more.

Summer!!!!! You MUST catch up on your Disney films!!!!! :eek: ;)
I too, must get back into writing my trippie, I just seem to be lacking the motivation at the moment...

Hey Summer, it's lovely to see you back continuing with your TR. Can't wait to see the piccies from your EPCOT shoot. No big news from me but my little man is 17 months old now - how time flies! :goodvibes

mla1977 - Yup, I figured that I better try and be good and give quick updates as I know I have promised before and not delivered. As I sai I have set myself a target and I seem to be doing quite well, Glad to be back actually I have missed everyone on here.:grouphug:

pjstevens - Awww you are sweet:hug: The economy is slowly getting better over here, not so great that I can actually justify our holiday to Disney, but we figure we may not get the chance again for a long time. We are hoping to start a family when we get back from Disney, so this may be our last holiday in a long time:rotfl:So you know me, I am planning loads of surprises! We are still doing work on our house, the lounge, kitchen and hall are all done and we are in the process of getting new heating installed. It looks 100 times better than it did, but we had a bad winter and the roof in the lounge started leaking:scared1:That will have to be patched up soon. How about you? Any news, any new trips planned?

meryll83 -Hiya chick, did you start a TR? You must give me the link. I know what you mean about motivation. I was fine when I started it, but I had no idea it would take me so long to complete. I should have known that I can never write short segments:lmao: As for Disney movies, I know, I am terrible. I can't believe I am yet to see so many greats. One day I will sit down and watch them, after I finish seeing Star Wars which was lent to me 3 months ago, yup haven't seen that either.

Kirsteen - Wow, how time flies. I can't believe your little man is 17 months now, I see your pic of him, he is a little cutie! So when will his first trip to the world be? Glad to see you back on board for my TR.

I must say that I am very grateful that you ladies have come back to this TR after so long. I try to be as detailed as possible so I can bring you along for the ride so I apologise that I have taken so long with updates. I am doing well though so far and hope not to slack again.

So here you go, the next instalment...

We were due to meet Paul Looper from Disney Photography this morning in the World Pavillion, International Gateway for our Honeymoon Shoot. We were able to have this shoot as a direct swap because we didn't use Disney for our wedding photos. Photography was included in the standard package but after seeing Randy's photos from many other brides, I knew we had to go with him.

So as I had been slightly burned the day before we both decided it would be best to put on suntan lotion. I didn't look red but I could feel it on my skin and thought it best to be safe than sorry (big mistake...) I could feel it was already hot outside so I was sure I had made the right decision. I showered, covered myself in suntan lotion, put on a casual top with capri pants and we headed upstairs to concierge to get us some breakfast.

The offerings didn't really change for breakfast so I settled on the same food as I had the day before. Cheese danish, cinnamon danish and some coffee. Steven had his usual fruit with yoghurt and eventually convinced me to have some fruit too. I chose melon and while some of the pieces were very nice (soft and juicy) some were hard and tasteless. I am not fond of the texture of hard melon so started showing my spoon into all the pieces before I bit in to them. I bet Steven was kicking himself for convincing me to get fruit!
We didn't have long to eat so ate quickly and made our way over to Epcot.

As usual we were running late, I started panicking thinking that Paul would leave if we weren't there on time. However when we came running round we saw him standing there with the huge camera and tripod. He grinned at us as we apologised for being a bit late.

He explained that he thought it would be best to go from country to country to get better shots and as long as we didn't mind walking, neither did he. This sounded great to us so we quickly agreed.

When I had set up this shoot I was asked which two lands I wanted the shots to be in. I chose Japan (for my love of all things Japanese) and Italy (because of my heritage and the romance of the place). However that didn't mean I found it easy to choose. I thought several of the countries had great photo opps so I spent a while pondering the options before finally deciding. So when Paul suggested that we go from place to place I was excited as I knew I could get most of the world, :lmao:

I was already starting to get hot. Running to meet Paul hadn't been a good idea and my hair was already starting to curl. I looked down at my arms and noticed beads of sweat had appeared all over, I felt like I was covered in cling film. The back of my neck was soaking and my face was boiling. I realised, as I touched my skin, it was the damn suntan lotion, it was like wearing a second skin!!!! I felt horrible and I knew I must have looked terrible, great way to start a photoshoot.

I complained to Steven how hot I was and that I could actually feel my face melting, literally, and he agreed that I did look a bit flushed. I was so tempted to call off the shoot, although I didn't, looking back I probably easily could have as the photos we received weren't very good.

Anyway our first stop was Morocco. This was one of the showcases that I had actually fallen in love with, it really did seem much more realistic than some of the others and I was glad I could get some pictures here. We got three but they were all the same sort of pose:

mor.jpg

We then moved to my favourite, Japan and got a photo on the bridge:
003882-0099.jpg

While we were up here some tourists were watching us (strange as the showcase was closed) they were asking Paul if we were celebrities or something? He told them we were and they were excited to see us, they waved and smiled like they recognised us!

We got a couple more pictures in Japan

003882-0103.jpg

003882-0105.jpg

It was then time to move on to Italy, however by this point I was so hot I had no alternative but to put my hair up in a clip. I was annoyed that I had to do this as I hate having my hair up and not having a mirror to actually see what I looked like was even worse.

We did manage to get some nice photos though, probably cause they aren't close ups and you can't see how hot I actually was:

003882-0114.jpg

003882-0115.jpg

003882-0116.jpg

Our last destination was France where we got a couple of shots sitting at a cafe table:

003882-0134.jpg

1-1.jpg

That is it, I have looked through the photos and there isn't any more that I like and most of them are just duplicated poses. I was very unhappy with the honeymoon shoot for several reasons.

Firstly it was very rushed, we had to actually run from country to country and I felt that the poses were forced as we had to be quick. There was no time to set up the shots and compared to the MK Shoot, which was the same photographer, it just felt like it was something that was being done as he was contracted too. I was really hot and felt uncomfortable so wasn't in the mood to get my picture taken either, so that didn't help. I was so glad that we hadn't paid for this an extra as I would have been upset. I have came across many other brides who have felt this way, but maybe we were just unlucky.

I am happy to say that Steven and I went back to Epcot on our last day in Orlando and did the shoot the way you are supposed to. We took our time and got some great photo opps and I hope to do that again when I go this year. It's amazing the unique places you can find to get some great photos.

Anyway we said goodbye to Paul but just before we did he handed us the 2 large photos of our MK Shoot. One was us beside the wishing well and the other was the arch shot that I absolutely loved. It was the first time that we had seen any of our wedding photos and I was amazed. It was a true fairytale photo and I was almost in tears. He said that it was the best arch shot he had ever seen and knew he had to enlarge it for us. I decided that even if there were no other pics from the MK shoot that were any good, that I would be happy just to have that one, it was exactly as I had dreamed it would be, utterly magical:cloud9:

arch.jpg

Coming up...

A few rides at Epcot and a load more pixie dust...

Summer, I am glad to hear that things are starting to turn around over there. It's been a scary time for so many people, so many losing their jobs, their homes, so much. We've been blessed as we've not had to deal with too much (hubby did have to take a cut to keep his job last year); but we have our home, our family and our jobs. Our granddaughter turned on the beginning of January, just can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.

I am so sorry to hear about your honeymoon shoot, but the pics you posted did come out well. Love the one at the cafe table.

I absolutely loved that photo from your MK shoot! Truly fairy tale magical!!!! Can't wait to hear more. Love how you make me feel like I'm right there.

We are going back in December for a short trip, just hubby and I. We were just there in January for the 1/2 marathon (and it was so cold, that it actually sleeted and snowed that morning)!

Looking forward to your next installment.

meryll83 -Hiya chick, did you start a TR? You must give me the link. I know what you mean about motivation. I was fine when I started it, but I had no idea it would take me so long to complete. I should have known that I can never write short segments:lmao: As for Disney movies, I know, I am terrible. I can't believe I am yet to see so many greats. One day I will sit down and watch them, after I finish seeing Star Wars which was lent to me 3 months ago, yup haven't seen that either.
Scandalous!!!

Here's the link to my not so finished trippie :rolleyes: - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2379947
Are you on Facebook, I can't think if you'll have even seen my pictures yet?!!

Sorry your honeymoon shoot didn't go so well, I thought ours seemed really short and I don't especially like me in the pictures either, but at least we managed to get the shoots, they don't offer them any more, if you don't use the package for the wedding photography, you don't get to substitute :sad2:

Anyway..... more, more!!

I was so happy and surprised when I saw a little reminder email pop up in my inbox to tell me you were back!! Great to see you back on the boards and thanks for sticking with the TR!!! Looking forward to hearing the rest :goodvibes

pjstevens - I am glad things are starting to pick up worldwide, apparently we are officially out of the recession but job wise things aren't too great here either. I love your photos in you sig btw.
Our Honeymoon shoot wasn't great though, it was hard to get excited about it when we both felt so hot and rushed. I was lucky to find that handful of pictures really, glad we didn't pay for it.
I would love to go to Disney for Christmas one day, I bet it looks amazing. We had considered going in January but as you say the weather wasn't great. There is no way I am travelling all that way for it to snow! A short trip is better than no trip though!

meryll - I am not on Facebook but will go have a look at your TR now. You need to get writing, look at me, over two years has passed and I am still writing it, you don't want to fall behind like me do you:lmao:
It is horrible that you can't get a substitute. I heard that you could no longer book outside photography, is that still the case? That is terrible if it is. More coming up

MUDisneyCouple - Thanks for the warm welcome back. I was really nervous to post again on my TR but I so want to finish it as I have put so much work into it and a lot of people have stuck with me. I am glad everyone is enjoying reading it again. How are you?

Thought all of my lovely readers would like to know how much you have all read to date in my TR. I just finished copying and pasting the whole thing so I could keep a copy for when it comes to publishing it and I had to do word count out of curiousity, so I am opening this up to guesses, I would just come out and tell you, but you should all know by now that I like to keep you hanging. You will be surprised though, I tell you that...

Our plan for the rest of the day had been to spend the majority of our time walking around Epcot again. I had no idea what sort of time our photo session was going to end so didn't really plan, yup, I didn't plan this day in detail! It was awkward to be holding on to two large photos and we didn't have any bag to put them in. As I didn't want to get them damaged we decided to have a relaxing day and not go on any rides that might cause them harm.

We decided to head to Mission Space. I figured as it was still early we might be lucky and catch it at a quiet time. The orange line was moving very quick indeed and once again I found myself wondering whether or not I could take the spinning (if that is indeed what happened). I normally talk myself out of these sorts of things and don't need Steven to step in and advise me. On this day however Steven was actually trying to convince me to give it a try. I knew there is no way he would ever do the orange line and I quite frankly I didn't like the idea of flying and co-captaining my rocket with complete strangers, I mean what if they had never flown before, or worse, didn't press the right buttons!!! Safety was paramount and I didn't want to put my life in the hands of strangers! So as I was saying, talking myself out of these sorts of things come easily to me.

space.jpg

The wait on the green line wasn't that bad and again our honeymoon badges, which we had quickly put back on after our photo session, came in handy. We were quickly ushered to the beginning of the line by a friendly CM who said a mission was due to take off any second and they were looking for two more crew members who would fit the bill. Us of course!

It was explained to us that our mission to Mars was going to be a difficult one so I looked our crew up and down and hoped that they would be reliable. Gary Sinise appeared on the screen above us. Don't ask me why but he is one of those actors that I have always kind of secretly thought was quite nice... Well not secretly as such as Steven often goes on about my strange tastes, don't know what that says about him LMAO. Anyway Gary Sinise, David Caruso and Benton from ER are among that list. I think it may be to do with the characters they played, voice and expressions, I dunno, just another slightly discoloured window into my mind:rolleyes:

So we listened to Gary Sinise and were given jobs to do, yup, this was not going to be a mission where you could just sit back and relax, we had to push buttons and everything, I mean our life depended on it! Steven was given the title of navigator and I was the engineer, hmm, I would have preferred if I was Captain, after all I do like my control, but okay I will take my role seriously.

We were soon seated in our spacecraft and I noticed that there was another spacecraft right next to us. Unfortunately someone had obviously not succeeded in a smooth landing as a cleanup crew were busy cleaning up chunks...literally:sick:

I wasn't bothered by this and sat down in my comfy chair and awaited further instruction. I leaned over and put the two photos in the compartment in front of me that was supposed to house all personal items. I hoped that no one would feel the need to be sick and if they did I prayed that they would direct it somewhere else. I noticed that sick bags were provided but I am pretty sure when you need to go there is no warning!

I was a bit concerned that my claustrophobia might dictate whether I could do this mission, but when the capsule closed and we were all strapped in, I actually felt okay. I did feel a little restricted as I could barely move, but I knew it wouldn't be a long mission so I calmed down by telling myself I would soon be on Mars. I had to expect a certain amount of restriction for that privilege! So we were ready for takeoff.

A large screen is in front of us and begins to flicker. The craft begins to shake and a countdown begins... As it counts down I can see, what can only be described as the track of a rollercoaster and the sky. We start shaking and slowly rise, we lift off and smoke appears at either side of the screen indicating we have left the ground. The shaking becomes stronger and I look over at Steven to make sure he is okay. He is normally bothered with motion sickness and I didn't want him to be the one to ruin our wedding pictures. He seems fine and I tell him to remember his instructions and that he is the Navigator, don't want him to get confused now do we?

We are in the air and are hurtling towards Mars at quite a speed, we bypass clouds and soon enter blackness. We then see satellites and the earth below us and our carrier stops shaking and glides smoothly through the sky. For a second all seems well and we see millions of stars, a truly beautiful sight, but we all know this never lasts.

An alarm sounds stating there is a problem and we all need to band together to land safely on Mars. This is where our Pilot has his first instruction which he carries out perfectly. Our Commander does not do so well and when asked to hit the button, she ignores the command completely, I decide to give her the benefit of the doubt but she is soon asked to hit the button again and she ignores it and keeps her hands in her lap. I look over in her direction and frown. I am sure she didn't see me as I could hardly move my head. Press the c**k-a-doody button I thought, but no amount of mind control would get her to move her hands. Luckily our auto-pilot took control and we didn't crash. Steven and I were called upon to perform our tasks and we executed our moves perfectly. Too bad our Commander let us down or we might have had a perfect flight. We manoeuvred through small gaps and over rock until we finally landed. We teetered on the edge as the ground broke below us but we managed to control it and the words we had all been hoping for appeared on our screen, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.:woohoo:

We sit for a while longer before our capsule opens and the restraints lift. We then exit on the left (who knew we could actually walk on Mars in everyday clothes?) which takes us to the shop where we can purchase loads of things that we will never use. We bypass this and head outside to make our way over to Electric Umbrella for an early lunch.

Coming up...

Electric Umbrella

I have to admit, Mission: Space is the only Disney ride to have made me a little ill.

Things are great here! We've had a great year...we were blessed with a little girl - Alice (after many years of trying and being told it would never happen) and we are so HAPPY and planning her first trip this Sept :cool1: Thanks for asking, Summer :goodvibes

My guess for words is: 851, 799

Thought all of my lovely readers would like to know how much you have all read to date in my TR. I just finished copying and pasting the whole thing so I could keep a copy for when it comes to publishing it and I had to do word count out of curiousity, so I am opening this up to guesses, I would just come out and tell you, but you should all know by now that I like to keep you hanging. You will be surprised though, I tell you that...

Summer, since I did mine in Word (you got me thinking); mine is shorter than yours, but word count was not as high as I thought it would be, but I am not as good at remembering all the details and you had a much longer trip than I did; so with that, my word count guess is 50,000 words (truly no clue though) :)

Summer, I have motion sickness problems and did Mission Space once with my kids (the tamer side, is that the green or orange?). I still felt yucky afterwards. Sounds like you had a great 'journey' except for the comander! Can't wait to read some more.

SUMMER IS BACK!!!! :banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::dance3: :dance3: :dance3: It's happy dance time!

I'm so glad to see you working on your trippie again. I was very sad when I thought you abandoned it...but it's all good now sista!

Sorry I am so late in joining in. I was actually at Walt Disney World for a week with my Momma when you started writing again and I didn't check my email until today. Imagine my suprise to find a post with little miss Summer's name on it! Whoop whoop...made my day!

Your picture at the castle archway is pure magic...they could use that one in the DFTW ads. I also really liked your honeymoon photo shoot shots. I know you are more critical because its you...but they were really cute.

I am guessing 71,000 words. Don't know why...just showed up in my head so that is my guess.

I can't wait to read more...keep it coming girl...and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you are back. :hug:

Anna Marie

MUDisneyCouple - Awww I am so happy for you. Alice is a beautiful name, how old is she? You must be excited to plan her first trip. You say you are going in September? We will be there in September too, are you staying onsite?
We are hoping to try for a family after this vacation. We may have problems too as I have PCOS so it isn't as straightforward for us either. I am hoping though that we will be blessed as you were:hug:

pjstevens - I was very surprised Steven didn't get motion sickness as he normally does and he often refuses to go on things like that in case. He felt really ill on Jimmy Neutron at Universal:sick: It is the green side that is the tamest. I am unsure if I have the guts to go on the orange side.

Anna Marie - I did wonder wherer you were, normally you post so soon after I do, I thought I may have lost you for good:eek: Ooh a trip to WDW, hope is was good for you and your momma!
I just love that archway pic, it really is one of my favourites that isn't on my wall yet *shock* I still haven't got around to getting it up!
So what is new with you, any trips to WDW in September planned by any chance?:hug:

So the word count, well I am quite surprised by your guesses, MUDisneyCouple I am assuming you don't really mean 851, 799 , I mean I know I can talk, but not even I can make my TR THAT long:lmao:pjstevens 50,000 where have you been? I think you have missed half of my report:rotfl:
Anna Marie not bad at 71,000 but the grand total is (to date)

100782 WORDS (including today's post below)

I am shocked myself to be honest. I mean I knew my TR was probably one of the longest but it really didn't feel like I had written that much. I mean you have all read a novel of my wedding/honeymoon and I'm not even finished yet :rotfl:I still have a couple more days of The GF, the cruise, Seaworld, Cirque de Soleil, Universal and our last day at Epcot, I mean how much bigger is this thing going to get????

Might as well get on with it...

We thought it best if we try for an early lunch at Electric Umbrella. We had an ADR for Artist Point later that evening and I just had to go back to the resort and shower that horrible suntan lotion off.

Before I booked my ADR’s, I researched all the counter service options and wrote down places in every park that I wouldn’t mind trying. After the disaster at Sunshine Seasons, which I had expected to have been much better, I was a bit apprehensive about going to Electric Umbrella. I figured it would be hard to screw up a cheeseburger though and there weren’t many other places close by that might be able to serve up a good feed.

The place itself is kinda funky looking with modern décor a busy carpet and a bright red seating area. It was air conditioned for which I was thankful. We looked at the menu but there wasn’t a huge choice and we both went for the double cheeseburger served with fries, a diet coke and 2 cheesecakes for dessert. Service was really quick and we found a corner table beside the window.

The burger was huge and the side of fries didn’t disappoint. They were crispy on the outside, fluffy in the inside and generously salted. That is something I noticed in the counter services in Disney, I never felt the need to salt any fries. If I were to go to a McDonalds in the UK or any burger joint for that matter, I always have to salt my fries. I don’t know whether Disney add some seasoning to them are they are already salted before I get them, but they are so tasty. I wonder if this is to encourage you to buy more drinks???

The burger itself was huge. I decided to tuck into my burger first and see how much of it I was going to leave Steven ;) It was juicy, meaty and hot, the melted cheese was gooey, mild and oh so tasty! I have never thought myself to be that into burgers, I mean I do love a McDonalds, but as there isn’t one on my doorstep tend not to get my fix that often. However the burgers at Disney, other than the one at Sci-Fi, let’s not forget about that gross thing, had all been fantastic. I don’t know if it’s the seasoning or just the meat is better, but I just find the burgers here very moreish!

Although I was quite hungry I didn’t want to finish my whole meal, well lets say my whole burger as I intended to finish the cheesecake, but our Artist Point reservation was reasonably early so didn’t want to fill up on fast food. There was a piece of buffalo sirloin with my name on it and it was going to be all mine!

I left a quarter of my burger and Steven happily polished this off, I did eat all the fries much to his dismay. Our cheesecakes were very similar to the ones at Backlot Express except they had a sweet strawberry sauce swirled through it. I would normally attempt to scrape out sauce like this as you remember my dislike for anything with berries, but there wasn’t a huge amount and it was baked into the cheesecake with no pulpy bits, so I didn’t mind. It was thick and creamy. I am not one for these fluffy, light sorts of cheesecakes. I like cheesecake that is going to make it difficult to talk for the next minute or so, one where you actually have to move your mouth before you swallow and more importantly one that each mouthful brings with it a huge intake of calories :) That is how you know a good cheesecake!
Anyway it wasn’t the best cheesecake I had tasted, but Disney does tend to excel in desserts, for a counter service option this was pretty good and the portion was very generous.

All in all our meal at Electric Umbrella was great for counter service, much better than Sunshine Seasons and I would easily come here again if I needed a CS option in Epcot.

Coming up...

What, not more pixie dust?

Although it was still early afternoon I was desperate to get back to the resort to straighten my hair, yup, being a girl is problematic! Anyway Steven had no desire to stroll through Epcot again and we weren’t in the mood to take more pictures. The sun was beating down and all I could feel was the suntan lotion suffocating me, I needed a shower!

I also secretly hoped that if I talked to the concierge at The Grand Floridian that she may be able to help me with my Pirate and Princess predicament. We had tried and failed twice to go to The Pirate and Princess Party and the next night was the only night we could still manage to go. Steven had said that if it meant that much to me then he didn’t mind if we paid again, but I was hoping for a little extra sprinkling of pixie dust and wanted to see if the concierge could help.

So we headed towards the bus depot and were happy that our bus arrived within 5 minutes. Throughout our stay we were really lucky with Disney transport. I had read lots of complaints about transport from the majority of the resorts and as we had stayed in three of them I must say that there wasn’t any resort that had a problem. I had expected to wait as it was the peak season and kids were still going about, but we never encountered any major problems, in fact the transport had been better than expected. There is nothing nicer than a cool, air conditioned bus after the heat of the parks.

We arrived back at The Grand Floridian quickly and my first stop was the concierge. Throughout our stay we hadn’t had many dealings with them. They always asked how our day had been and were really friendly, but as I am an obsessive planner I didn’t have the need to ask them anything, all of our days were pretty much planned out! I took a seat and gave her our room number and explained the problems we had been having getting to The Pirate and Princess Party. She said she completely understood and the storm had actually been one of Orlando’s worst for a while. She rummaged about in her desk and handed over a leaflet book. I opened them and inside was two new Pirate and Princess Party tickets for the very next night!!! I was so happy I could scream, I didn’t however as this was The Grand Floridian and I don’t expect you scream in such a place! :banana:

She explained that on the night of the storm I had called though to the concierge and questioned whether the Pirate and Princess party would go ahead and although it did, albeit a lot later and a lot wetter, she knew we hadn’t went. She took it upon herself to provide us with tickets for the next available day as she was sure we would still want to go. I felt so lucky as I honestly thought I was going to have to purchase these tickets again and although they weren’t hugely expensive, we were already over budget for our honeymoon and I did think we would end up giving it a miss.

We thanked her profusely. She smiled and said she was glad she could help and hoped we enjoyed the party. I started telling her about my outfit and that I was excited I would get to wear it! She wished us a Happy Honeymoon and asked if we were experiencing the magic of Walt Disney World? With a big smile and a squeeze of Steven’s hand, I told her we truly were pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter