Summer & Steven's Fairytale Wedding TR, 20th Aug SBP Baby Pics!!!

:scared1: Summer did you faint? OMG. I can't wait until the next installment. I have to agree to with everyone you are a wonderful writer. popcorn::

Summer, you tease! Hoping you didn't faint dead away. Yikes!

I love your CBR pics, makes me want to be there soooo badly.

Summer, you have us hook, line, and sinker. I have been running to the computer at least every hour checking for updates.

Thanks for writing about your Disneymoon! It is so much fun to read, but now I am left hanging wanting to know what happened. :scared1:

WOW! What an awful start! I feel like I'm reading a novel...this is great!!

OMG!!! Here I am tring to get some last minute wedding stuff done (that has to be done in the next 2 weeks before I leave for my wedding) and I can't seem to get it done because I am glued to my computer! What a report! More please...we are waiting and I need to get some wedding work done :rotfl2:

Anna Marie:bride:

I'm glad you loved the CBR. It's our favorite resort. I can't bring myself to venture out and try the others.

You have us on the edge of our seats with your TR. Can't wait to hear the rest.

alright Summer, hands down, your TR is a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when do we get more? pleassseeeeeeeeeeee...:lmao:

Michelle :cloud9:

Summer, great trip report. I agree with Michelle...a winner. Guess what, I just finished my trip report too! Well, I have just the dessert party to add but its just about done. Check it out. I didn't want you to finishe before me:goodvibes since I have been married for almost 6 months!

I must be very dumb-- This is such an exciting story --- Please tell me how to view the photo's ---- I'm confused --- Sorry ??????:idea:

Summer - I have been enjoying your report! Some scary moments....and chuckling about your mom, all I talked about were the plans, sent news letters with the plans and had a book in there welcome bags and NO ONE knew what the hell was going on at my wedding either....hahaha so I COMPLETELY understand!

Maddiesmum03 - Poor you, to be honest I don't even think we had an actual person as a rep, I had a name and a bit of paper, actually I think that was my rep:laughing:

jasonandlisa - Thanks for reading along, yes it was tough but it does get better eventually.

mcarthur205 - CBR is beautiful, I wouldn't mind staying there again and getting a better look around the resort, that place was huge!

Missy H - You'll just have to stay tuned to find out, I can't help writing like this, it's fun;)

DisneyLaura - All will be revealed in the next instalment...

oneyodafan - I know I'm terrible aren't I, but it makes for fun retelling.

desiab - Thanks for the compliments, I intend to update more regularly over the weekend and at least so I can start posting some holiday snaps!

MUDisneyCouple - You do realise that my TR is going to be the length of a novel don't you?

IloveChip - The next instalment will be up tonight!

dizneyfreak - I am so sorry, I don't mean to keep you from your wedding stuff, I know how it is though, you get immersed in peoples TR's, well I certainly did. Thanks for taking time out!

HarbinsMom - I tried 3 Disney Resorts but would have loved more time at CBR, it looked so beautiful especially at night and the rooms were huge!

Michelle - Thanks for keeping on me, today I was printing out some MK Bridal Shoot pics, so I was away all day, but I will get on it just now:)

Danielle - I will have to take a look at your TR this evening if I can, if not I promise to do so tomorrow, did you struggle to remember some of the details so far on? So glad you finished it!

gayles - Thanks for reading. How are the pictures appearing on your screen? You should just be able to view the pictures that I have posted, is it those you are talking about?

Alison - Didn't you just want to wring someones neck when they all play dumb? I got like that several times during the 1st week, it's like I had been talking to a brick wall for months.

Okay peoples, I know you have all been patiently waiting for the next instalment, so on with the show...

I just read your last installment! I don't know if I can handle the suspense! I must know what happened :)

Awesome TR so far :yay:

I love how you addressed each of your adoring fans, Summer. ;) We're all obsessed to see if a new installment has been put up.

Day 2, part 5

I come round several minutes later, part of me thinks I may have just fallen asleep while the other part of me thinks I definately fainted. I have a habit of fainting if I get stressed or am in alot of pain, since I knew it wasn't the latter, I put it down to the stress. The worst thing was that neither my mom or Steven realised I had fainted:sad2: My mom had went back through to her room and Steven had went into the bathroom, I had only been out of it for a few minutes it seemed as my mom came through with the continuing conversation.
"So what are they doing about it"
Totally puzzled, I didn't answer but picked up the phone and dialled reception again to get through to Bell Services.
I get the same guy and he explains that they tried to deliver them but we weren't there to accept them. Really? How could I have not been here, I hadn't left. It dawned on me that we had taken about 15 minutes to find our room in the first place, could they have tried to deliver it then? Seemed probable.
"Well I'm here now"
"Okay we'll bring them up to you".
I hung up, feeling a tad better. My mom starts looking out the window and with every van that passes exclaims "Here's it" then sighs "No it's not" After about 30 minutes or so of this, I grow very tired and my impatience is beginning to wear very thin, I am getting hungry and am still peeved that I cannot go to 'Ohanas. I go out of the door and just lean on the railings of the walkway and take a deep breath, the air calms me and the beauty of the resort envelopes me. I inhale the scent of the flowers below and everything is well. Five minutes later I see the Bell Boy below with our bright pink suitcases and Steven's black one, we wait and wait and 10 minutes later he arrives at my moms door. Finally I can have my shower!
I grab my suitcase and weed out all my toiletries and make up, and clothes to wear for that evening.
I jump in the shower, which was very powerful, however it took about 5 minutes for me to get the temperature set. I like really hot showers but this one was either boiling or freezing. Eventually I fix it and would quite happily stand there all night but realised that it was an impossibility. My stomach was growling and I knew Steven was getting tired too. We had an early start in the morning so I wanted to get some food and go to bed.
I got changed into combat trousers and a top and touched up my make up. It was decided that we would head over to the food court area at CBR and maybe have a look at Shutters.
Now here is where I will apologise in advance. I took pictures of food initially but I ended up taking so many other pictures that I had to end up deleting them, I went through my 1300 pictures and the ones that we could let go were the food ones. I decided that nearly everyone has seen pictures of nearly everything there is to offer in the way of Disney food, and it was more important to us that we keep ones of us or other pictures in general. So again I apologise. However you all know by now how detailed I am so I can describe everything in detail for you, enough so, you can conjure up an image in your head hopefully:cutie:
So we left our rooms and took a slow walk over the bridge to the food court area. It was now approximately 8pm, it was getting dark so the lights on the bridge were on which made for a beautiful sight. There were lush trees and little lizards running across the wood, I loved it!
We walked past the main pool which looked great, it was pretty full, loads of kids and quite noisy too. The food court looked okay but I didn't fancy anything in particular. I guess I was still disapointed about 'Ohanas because nothing would do. We walked over to Shutters and asked about a table for 3, she said it would be about a 40 min wait, WHAT? I said no and walked away. Steven asked what I wanted and I pouted and said 'Ohanas:lmao: The adult in me came to kick my childish butt and I said "Okay then, we'll eat at Shutters"
I went back to the same woman and said I would wait for that table if it was still available. She said it would likely be before 40 min, took my name and gave me a beeper. While we waitied I figured we could look in the store and see if they sold Minnie Bridal Ears. I was determined to get these asap. I immediately started looking for them and found 2 high up on the hat rack. I spent 5 minutes trying to decide which one looked better. Were there sequins missing on that one, the bow seemed squint on that one, the veil was uber creased on both of them so that didn't help! Eventually I settled on one and went over to pay. Both queues were pretty bad, so I picked the longer one, I always seem to have better luck. It seemed everyone in the queue had questions to ask, god dammit, why can't anyone just pay and be done with it.
After 10 minutes there was one person in front of me just starting to get served, lo and behold my beeper goes off, some loud Caribbean music and everyone turns to stare, I try to muffle it with my chest and obviously did a good job, except Steven comes up to me and says we better go...but my ears! I tell him they will wait 5 minutes but he thinks they will give our table away if we don't go back straight away...but my ears! "You can get them tomorrow, anyway I'm hungry and I really want to eat"
"Fine, but they better have them tomorrow"
We find mom and tell her we've been beeped and we quickly walk to Shutters.
She takes my beeper and a hostess comes out and seats us at a table near the window.
Our waiter comes out to greet us and offers us drinks. We all take milkshakes. My mom and I get Chocolate and Steven gets Strawberry, these were delicious, they weren't too thick or too rich, it had loads of whipped cream and a cherry, which I promptly scooped out and shoved into Steven's milkshake. We all agreed that it was the best milkshake we had tasted in a while.
The waiter then comes out with the sourdough bread which again was beautiful, we all love our bread in this family and it was nice to have some warm slices with melted butter.
My mom decided to go for Caeser Salad and Herb Chicken.
I went for French Onion Soup and Herb Chicken and Steven went for the same.
Our Appetizers came very quickly, my mom looked at hers and said "where's the chicken?"
I asked if it said Chicken Caeser Salad and she said no. Well I guess that's why you didn't get any chicken I thought. I explained to her that caeser salad is just that, no chicken unless it says chicken.
"But I got chicken in another caeser salad"
"Well that must have been a Chicken Caeser Salad then" I sighed.
"Oh"
Steven rolled his eyes at me then smiled. I told my mom not to worry she could get a nice dessert, it felt like I was talking to my child:scared1:
Steven hated his French Onion Soup, declared it was way too greasy and he loves cheese so I was surprised. I initially thought I liked it but unfortunately agreed with Steven by the middle of it, there was way too much cheese and the bread had loads of cheese on it too, there wasn't actually much soup but what I did try of it was nice but defiantely not on my list of must have French Onion. Steven left over half and so did I. My mom did actually finish her salad.
We all had ordered Herb Chicken, which was 2 large legs and breasts of chicken, herbed:) It looked nice on the plate, but one of my legs was inedible really, it was so fatty and the skin was swimming in fat. The other piece I had was really nice and dry, exactly the way I like chicken to be, the herbs made it spicy but not overly so. Steven also complained that his was greasy, we both ate the Sweet potatoes on the side which I personally adore and cook all the time. Mom quite liked hers, I guess she had a fit chicken.
For dessert Steven and I ordered Cheesecake with berries and mom ordered the Baked Apples in phyllo pastry. Mom had looked at the menu for 5 minutes complaining and stated she doesn't eat stuff like that but decided to order anyway.
The desserts came within 5 minutes and the cheesecake was very nice, I scooped off the berries and added them to Steven's and let the cheesecake melt on my tongue, I love cheesecake and this was a very thick one that makes your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth, in other words it was perfect. Steven also thought it was good but was quite full so left some. My mom ate half of hers claiming it was too sweet.
We put it on my card and took all the DDP of of my one, it seemed alot easier than us handing over 3 keys.
The bill came to $100.49 which was on DDP but for our first night I was very disappointed. I hadn't wanted to eat at Shutters and hoped that our first dining experience was going to be a positive one, it made me even more upset I had missed 'Ohanas.
We got up and went to he food court to buy some milk for our coffee in the morning then took a slow stroll over the bridge and back to our rooms. My mom was very quiet and obviously grumpy, Steven looked exhausted and I felt sad. I had such high expectations and I worried that things couldn't possibly live up to it.
We said goodnight to my mom and told her we would leave her sleeping as we had to get up early to get to the courthouse. Steven had a shower before bed and I cosied up to the pillows and thought about the next day. My thoughts drifted to Morgan in his kennel and I hoped he was doing well and having a good time. Steven fell asleep almost immediately when he came to bed and I gazed up to the ceiling and prayed tomorrow would be a better day...

Coming up

Woo hoo our Marriage Licence, Animal Kingdom and Coral Reef and did I miss our diver?:scared1:

Summer

I LOVE French Onion soup and when you have one that isn't yummy it's upsetting. Sorry you couldn't go to Ohana's, sorry you didn't get your ears (hopefully you got them the following day). I have been waiting all day for this installment. Will be patiently waiting the next one. popcorn::

aaww, Summer, the best part of this story is that you and Steven are married- through all the bumps in the road getting there :groom: :bride: and while all these trials where frustrating to get through ( what a let down not being able to get at O'hana's - I would have been crying in my soup!!) , I am at peace knowing that somewhere in this story, there is a happy ending!! in fact, several if I presume correctly!! :goodvibes

as brides, we spend so much time worrying it will be perfect, and what will go wrong and then tearing apart 3x every little detail - it's our own fault woman!! we should be more like the grooms - they could care less about all the little stuff, they just want us to say I Do and be married! :hug:

your writing is beyond fabulous - I am LOVING every morsel you feed us! thanks Summer :yay:

Michelle :cloud9:

Your Mom sounds more and more like mine! It is a riot!!! I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go to Ohanas...I hope you do some day!

Summer, your trip report is amazing!!!!:cool1: I was rethinking your trip report on the plane ride to the US....I fidget all the time and my husband ignores me or "entertains" me as he likes to call it!!! I felt like I was living the moment!! Your writing is wonderful and so colorful...I can not wait to read more!!

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels like I am the "Mom" to my Mom at times.....she is joining us for our Vow Renewal and I could not help but to laugh at the chicken ceasar salad...too funny!! I keep telling myself...patience, deep breaths. Moms definitely can be trying at times!!:flower3:

Please keep your report coming....I can't wait to read more!!

Lisa:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter