• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer school holidays and AP discounts

FPL

Mouseketeer
I am angling to go back to DLRP over the summer after a fantastic trip over new year and I just wondered.....

1. Is Summer school holidays as busy/busier than New Years week?? (DH teacher so no option!)

2. We were thinking of 3rd week of summer holidays - good idea or not?? it's our wedding anniversary!

3. We have APs - would we be able to get a discount off a hotel at Disney during that time do you think? if so, how much % and which hotels allow an AP discount....

Have just worked out we have enough tesco points to convert to airmiles to pay for 2 return flights from Birmingham....looking like a done deal if we can get the hotesl cheap enough :banana::banana:

It is busy during the summer holidays but I prefer it as the park is open late so you can wander back to the hotel during the day for a swim or sleep. because the weather is good it doesnt seem as crowded as there are more people outside and not piling into the restaurants/ shops like in winter.

Every hotel can offer a discount with an AP but how much will vary depending what offers are on at the time for AP holders. To be honest last summer it was cheaper for us to get a package as there was 40% off (Newport Bay) than book room only with AP so we ended up with tickets we didnt need. Its worth phoning to enquire about what discounts are available but possibly worth hanging on incase another offer like the 40% becomes available

I agree with A Small World ~ it won't seem so crowded in summer as at New Year because people will spread themselves all over the parks rather than huddling inside to keep warm!

August will be a great time to go so you can celebrate your anniversary there :love: we've been three times in August and it's my favourite time of year to go ~ I love the long summer nights with fireworks. IMO that far outweighs any crowds. :thumbsup2

I work at a school so ive only ever been in summer and I love it:woohoo::thumbsup2:banana::hippie::cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter