• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Room Rates

Dreaming of Main St

Earning My Ears
We usually travel to Disneyland in the off season (January or October). But, next year it looks like we may be headed that way in the summer. I'm excited at the thought of being there when it's not all under construction/rehab, but not so excited about the crowds and room rates.:scared:

We've always stayed at a Disney resort in the past. Could you please share the best rates you were able to get this summer at the Disney resorts? Were there any summer or AP discounts? I know they will be different next year, just trying to get an idea of how much I need to save:)

Thanks!

I don't think I want to check my credit card statement from this summer to tell you! :lmao:

You can check the summer 2013 rates now on most any travel site. I'm also an off-season traveler, but have my deposit in for the last week of August next year.

Thanks MinnieMom -

I don't think I worded my question well. I saw the regular rates, but was curious if any good discounts come out over the summer or if it's pretty much stuck at rack rate because it's so busy.

We are planning to go June of 2013. I called last week and were provided a rate of $430/night at the DLH and $3 something at PPH.

I was really hoping to stay at DLH but a week will be $3400 :(

This year we were there Aug 14-19. The rate was $400 at the DLR, but I saw it on expedia sometimes for $365. The rate at GCH was $485. We chose the DLR. I didn't look at PP but I think it was around $300? No discounts to be found! But a summer trip is really great, IMO.

We also stayed in 2010 and there was a 40% discount after about Aug 15 or so.

In past years they have had pretty good summer sales (a few years ago we stayed concierge at the GCH for 5 nights for $2000! I think that was the 5 nights for the price of 3 deal), but not so much this summer. Maybe next summer will be better - just keep your eye on the DLR website.

As far as crowds, they are nothing to be afraid of - you are on the Dis so you will know how to manage the crowds and have a great time! :)

There is almost always an AP discount even during the summer. But that may be it. A couple of years ago they had a stay 2 days get the 3rd free which I was really hoping for last year when we stayed. Who knows what they will have planned for next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter