Summer reads

bebelle

DIS Veteran
Looking for some good book suggestions for the summer beach reading season. Don't care for anything scary or sexually explicit. Need something light, fun and entertaining. Thank you!

I'm really enjoying reading JoJo Moyes. I've read Me Before You, The Girl You Left Behind (my favorite), One Plus One, and now I'm reading The Last Letter from Your Lover.

Also, light reading for sure is the Shopaholic series, or anything by Stephanie Bond.

I also recommend Orphan Train, Hopeless (and Losing Hope), The Longest Ride (my favorite Nicholas Sparks book besides the Notebook), The Paris Wife (one of my top books ever), and that's all I can think of at the moment.

I've been loving the Chronicles of St Mary's series by Jodi Taylor about a group of time traveling historians. Light, fun, and entertaining. :)

Are you into young adult material? (I personally am)
I am currently reading The Maze Runner and it's pretty good (the movie was out last year)
Harry Potter books are always fun
I love love love the Twilight series
Many people like The Host (I didn't, but many others did)
Gone Girl is awesome!!!

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because I need some more suggestions too :-)

I'm really enjoying reading JoJo Moyes. I've read Me Before You, The Girl You Left Behind (my favorite), One Plus One, and now I'm reading The Last Letter from Your Lover.

Also, light reading for sure is the Shopaholic series, or anything by Stephanie Bond.

I also recommend Orphan Train, Hopeless (and Losing Hope), The Longest Ride (my favorite Nicholas Sparks book besides the Notebook), The Paris Wife (one of my top books ever), and that's all I can think of at the moment.
I'm glad I picked up the Me before you book by JoJo Moyes. I'm looking forward to reading that one after school ends in two weeks.
I look forward to seeing more suggestions. I also love to read light and fun books during the summer.

When I think of summer reads I'm thinking something light to read on the beach or by the pool. Anything by Candace Bushnell, White Girl Problems by Babe Walker, The Shopoholic series, or the Selection series is going to have a movie soon (imagine the bachelor but it happens in the future and America is a mess just not as bad as the Hunger Games America). The Selection series is YA fiction.

Anything at all by Elin Hilderbrand. Apparently, they call her "The Queen of the Summer books". They're all set in/around Nantucket, and they're all light and fluffy.

Have you read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich? Great summer reads and FUNNY. The series starts with One for the Money and continues from there.

Happy reading!

The Tara Holloway series by Diane Kelly is awesome. So funny and yet a good mystery. Reminds me of Stephanie Plum series only better!

I see this question every once in a while, what would be the difference of a summer read as opposed to a fall read ?

The Tea series by Sheila Horgan is great. The 12th book was just released. They are quick, fun reads & very reasonably priced on Amazon.

I love Sophie Kinsella for light, funny reads. I also really enjoy Liane Moriarty. I enjoyed everything I have read by her so far and am on a waiting list for her others.

Nancy Thayer has some great "summer reads". Most of them take place either on Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.

The Castle tie-in novels are a lot of fun and true to the show in spirit. I'll also toss in a vote for Maze Runner (the second book is about to become a movie if memory serves), Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood), Gone Girl and The Selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter