Summer reading promotions?!?!?

princesscj

Mouseketeer
Anyone know of any summer reading promotions - ex - if you read so many books you get a free ice cream, doughnut, coupon, etc????

Barnes and Noble has a program for kids read so many books get a free one, you can print the form off the website. Build a Bear also had a program last summer that earned a $5.00 GC.

check your local library, ours give aton of free coupons in there "package"

I had posted this on another thread last week, here is SE PA we have Commerce Bank and they are doing $10 for 10 books into your new or existing young-savers account.

BD's Mongolian BBQ has one all year long. If you read 5 books and have a teacher or parent sign, you get a free meal. They don't have an age restriction either. My DD (17yo) does it all of the time.

She loves to read and loves to eat at Mongolian BBQ. :rotfl2:

BD's Mongolian BBQ has one all year long. If you read 5 books and have a teacher or parent sign, you get a free meal. They don't have an age restriction either. My DD (17yo) does it all of the time.

She loves to read and loves to eat at Mongolian BBQ. :rotfl2:

That is SO GREAT to know! My DS LOVES Mongolian BBQ and is a book worm!
Learn something new every day! Thanks so much!:thumbsup2

Barnes and Nobles is doing it again this year, I'm excited because Mary Pope Osborne is the spokeswoman for it and my kids love Magic TreeHouse books.

I looked up BAB and while they have a book club to encourage reading and you can post reviews of books you've read, they aren't offering any incentives this year.

www.bookadventure.com was posted on another thread, it looks great, offering rewards for answering questions on quizzes about books you've read, etc.

Pizza Hut offers a "book-it" program, but it is for schools and homeschools. When a child reaches their goal they get a certificate/coupon.

I'm still searching, but that's all I've found out so far.

shoot, we don't have a barnes and noble anywhere near here....can you do it all online or do you have to participate in an actual store?

I wish BooksAMillon, Borders, or Walden Books had something for my kids.

I'm a children's librarian so i'm partial. ;) Actually around here most libraries have the different coupons from businesses that have reading programs.

B & N always sends us some records, as do many other places like Craker Barrel, Eat N park, McDonalds. Unfortunatly the free stuff is mainly food, so some libraries won't give out all of it.

Plus here we give them lots of small toy prizes as they read. Maybe you library has some idea of promotions for your area.

I found a flyer in a recent Target catalog that has a form that if your child reads a min. of 4 books, they can log on at: http://www.scholastic.com/summerreading/ and for every 4 books they read, 1 book will be donated to RIF. (Reading is Fundamental) You're children won't receive anything personally, except the feeling of helping out a child less fortunate, and a little more knowledge, from reading all those books! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

No form is necessary, you just have to enter 4 books.

I found this on some malls website about the Build a Bear reading program for 2007

May 25, 2007 -Jul 31, 2007 Build A Bear Workshop
Come to Build-A-Bear Workshop to

Join Our Summer Reading Program!

Read 5 books and get a Bearrific book accessory kit that includes:

6 book plates
1 bookmark
1 book cover
$3 gift offer on a future purchase of $15 or more at Build-A-Bear Workshop.
A special offer from Borders (while quanitities last. Limit one per person.)

So not as good as last year. Here is link from last year but I changed the 2006 to 2007. We will just have to see if it starts to work tomorrow.:goodvibes

http://www.buildabear.com/lp/SummerReading2007/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter