summer park hours?

DIS Dad #856
I am checking the park hours during July trying to plan our visit and the only park showing staying open later than 9 pm is animal kingdom which closes at 10pm.Hollywood studios shows 8:30 every night.
are these times correct? I thought at least magic kingdom would be open later .

Still too early for accurate July hours.
Just keep re-checking as the summer gets closer.

You should just put that in your signature too Robo.

Still too early for accurate Insert month, week, day here hours.
Just keep re-checking as the Insert month week, day here gets closer.

Still too early for accurate July hours.
Just keep re-checking as the summer gets closer.

Yes, I'm hoping this is the case for the hours that are currently posted. 9:00pm is too early for MK to close so the 9:00p-11:00p time for EMH sounds too early as well.

Would it be correct to assume they'll have the actual hours in place on website prior to guests 60 day FP+ booking window?

Would it be correct to assume they'll have the actual hours in place on website prior to guests 60 day FP+ booking window?

Not really. Park hours can change right up to the day - we've had park hours extended whilst in the park.

I do the same freak out dance every time we are planning our trip, and every time I am reminded by the BF that the times will change, park hours will get later. It drives me a little crazy, but its every. single. time. :sad2: I just plan according to the info available, keeping in mind that things might change.

I am checking the park hours during July trying to plan our visit and the only park showing staying open later than 9 pm is animal kingdom which closes at 10pm.Hollywood studios shows 8:30 every night.
are these times correct? I thought at least magic kingdom would be open later .

Yes, I'm hoping this is the case for the hours that are currently posted. 9:00pm is too early for MK to close so the 9:00p-11:00p time for EMH sounds too early as well.

We went last July & they stuck to early closing hours. Disappointing, as late nights are our favorite time to tour in summer. I would hope for extensions but not count on them at all.

Nope. Last year it was about mid month, the month before when they extended hours. So about May 15th for our June trip. And then it was June 2 when they added the 8am openings for June.

I just made my FPs for our June trip this year. AK was most likely correct (11pm closing with night EMH 11-1), and Epcot at 9pm because that's what they stay 99% of the time. A few days later they extended DHS to 9:30 when they added in the Star Wars nighttime show, but they could go to 10 eventually...or maybe not. MK is still showing 9pm so it would be nice if they extended early but I won't count on it.

We went last July & they stuck to early closing hours. Disappointing, as late nights are our favorite time to tour in summer. I would hope for extensions but not count on them at all.

I don't know if these were the final hours but MK closed at 10:00 all month. I don't think you will see 9:00.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/july16.cfm
This calendar shows 11pm closings most of July 2016:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

You'll have to choose July 2016 from the drop down menu.

This calendar shows 11pm closings most of July 2016:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm.
Yes, and 11pm closings were an hour earlier than the midnight closings MK had the year before (check July 2015 for evidence of that) and other prior years. We definitely noticed the difference between our July 2015 and July 2016 trips.

Last year, 11pm closing was posted in advance, and seemed too early for summer (when part of each day is difficult for touring due to daily thunderstorms). We were hoping they'd extend closing time to midnight, as was the past summer traditional closing time at WDW, but they didn't. Now they're posting even shorter hours for next July. See a pattern forming?

Yes, and 11pm closings were an hour earlier than the midnight closings MK had the year before (check July 2015 for evidence of that) and other prior years. We definitely noticed the difference between our July 2015 and July 2016 trips.

Last year, 11pm closing was posted in advance, and seemed too early for summer (when part of each day is difficult for touring due to daily thunderstorms). We were hoping they'd extend closing time to midnight, as was the past summer traditional closing time at WDW, but they didn't. Now they're posting even shorter hours for next July. See a pattern forming?
11pm may have been earlier than the year before but by no means did they "stick to early closings" which is your response that I was originally responding to. That would be indicative of a 9pm closing but not 11pm. And originally posted was 9 or 10pm...11pm was not posted until mid June. I specifically was paying attention to that last summer.

As to the currently posted hours, it is very normal for them to post MK closing at 9pm and then extend as it gets closer. I pay a lot of attention to that year round. If you ask all over this board, several people (@Robo for example stated this above) will tell you that the originally posted hours hardly ever stick for MK, so worrying about what is posted now is honestly a waste of time because it will change.

And maybe you weren't around the boards much last year, but it was well documented that attendance was down last year during July. So maybe that was a reason for the 11pm closings as opposed to the midnight ones. I don't know. Maybe the 11pm closings are the trend now. Again, I don't know. All I know is Disney will not close at 9pm in July. And my bet is that most days will be 11pm or after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter