Summer Nightastic - June 5 or 6??

'Countingmom

Planning my Life on Spreadsheets!
I'm having a panic. We leave in the morning and are staying until June 6 morning. I had read that the new fireworks and parade were going to start on Sat night the 5th. So we extended our vacation an extra day in order to see them. Today, it's advertised as the 6th. :headache:

Does anybody know for sure?

I will be so bummed if I leave on the morning of the new show/parade and miss it:mad:

Not to mention that I have already talked DH into extra days.. he ain't gonna be happy.

THX

I had read on the boards that the new parades/Fireworks would begin on June 5th (sort of like a soft opening) but haven't seen anything from Disney to verify this. Hope it's true as we also leave on June 6th!!!

Nothing from the Disney side has confirmed this yet. There have been posts from reliable sources such as tour guide operators that say that there will be some kind of soft opening on the 5th. What that would entail is anyone's guess.

We arrive the 6th but we will stay away from MK till the 7th for a non-EMH day. Hopefully it won't be quite as mobbed.

The annual passholders who get their newsletter via email have received news that there will be Summer Nightastic offerings on June 5th at the MK, both the fireworks and the parade. As part of this passholder promo, they will be given a chance to pick up special glasses to make the fireworks look extra sparkly. So, if Disney annual passholder newsletter emails are official enough for you, I think that you are safe. :goodvibes

I believe it was in the passholder newsletter that there will be a soft opening on the 5th. It does not "officially" start until the 6th, but you should be fine to see it on the 5th... MSEP at 9pm & 11pm with Nightastic fireworks at 10pm. Unfortunately, we depart on the 5th so we'll miss it. That's okay though, I've never seen Spectro and hope to finally see that Monday night!

Yes, they are having a soft opening on the 5th. Here is a quote from the passholder website:

Summer Nightastic! Special Viewing with Free Glasses at Magic Kingdom Park

Light up the night with an advance viewing of the Summer Nightastic! entertainment in Magic Kingdom Park–and receive a free pair of special light effect viewing glasses ! Don't miss your opportunity to see Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade and Summer Nightastic! Firework Spectacular on Saturday, June 5, the night before Summer Nightastic! begins.

Free Glasses for Passholders
Get your free pair of special light effect viewing glasses, one per Guest with Passholder ID while supplies last. See how these "spectacles" make the fireworks even more spectacular!

Where: Rose Garden near the entrance to Tomorrowland

When: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Magic Kingdom Park admission is required.

Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade™ Welcome back this Guest favorite, now more dazzling than ever! Feisty and fun-loving Tinker Bell leads the parade and you'll see new floats with Pinocchio and Snow White.

When: 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.

Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular
Don your free special light effect viewing glasses and see the fireworks explode in a rainbow of color! You'll be mesmerized by the stunning visual effects and uplifted by the music.

When: 10:00 p.m.

Thanks everyone:thumbsup2

I feel better now.. I knew I had seen/read this somewhere. We are passholders, so I'll be getting my glasses :3dglasses and enjoying the show!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter