Summer/hot weather visitors....To Makeup or not to Makeup??

SnowWhite607

DIS Veteran
Everytime I visit WDW in the summer I put on a little makeup so I dont look so terrible in photos. However by the time I leave the room and walk to the bus stop, I am sweating so profusely that all my makeup has puddled on my shoes!:lmao: Does anyone else have this issue? What do you so? Do they make tinted sunscreen or have you found some sort of secret formula that works and doesnt melt off your face like a popscicle in July?

Everytime I visit WDW in the summer I put on a little makeup so I dont look so terrible in photos. However by the time I leave the room and walk to the bus stop, I am sweating so profusely that all my makeup has puddled on my shoes!:lmao: Does anyone else have this issue? What do you so? Do they make tinted sunscreen or have you found some sort of secret formula that works and doesnt melt off your face like a popscicle in July?

Most of the time in the summer I don't wear any make up, though I am sure people wished I had. When I do wear it, I make sure I set my foundation with a good powder. There are some companies that make a tinted sunscreen for the face. Clinque used to, but not sure they still do.

No make-up. But I don't care if I don't look just right in the pics, lol. There are enough pics of me with make-up.

I never wear makeup at Disney. Between heat, rain, water rides, I just don't feel like it's worth the bother. It's my vacation, so I don't carry all that stuff with me, and save time getting ready in the mornings.

I guess I will be put to the ultimate test in a couple of weeks. I am an avid makeup wearer, even while at Disney. BUT, I have never been during the really hot weather months so far. We have only been in October and December. I'll admit I'm concerned that my efforts will be in vain due to the heat. I may look for some tinted sunscreen.

The only things I use at Disney, or anywhere in the heat, is a little bit of waterproof mascara because my lashes are light, and some mineral powder bronzer - but only until I get some color on my face from the sun. Doesn't take long in Florida!

I mix my face sunscreen with a little of foundation. It keeps it light with a little coverage. And I use waterproof mascara & lip balm.

I don't wear make up but most of the pics I take aren't close up to my face because if I'm getting pics with characters they are usually full length pics so the characters are shown head to toe. If you're worried about what you look like in photos though, you could always wear sun glasses for some of the close ups? I'm sure you don't have to though! :)

I wear make-up. Not as much as I normally do, but enough where I don't look gross in my pictures.

My trip report (link in my signature) is actually all about Disney make-up and girly stuff if you wanted to see some of the products I use.

If you use an eyeshadow primer and a bulletproof cream shadow (they do make them, such as Mally available at QVC) and/or liquid liner, you could do a little touch of eyemakeup.

For face, I use a primer, then a layer of sunscreen on my face, then a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer (based on your preference), then I will use Urban Decay's make-up setting spray. Every 2-3 hours, I will re apply my sunscreen and touch up with a mineral powder if I need it. I also bring Evian water spray bottles to freshen up my face.

Oh, and MASCARA of course! (Waterproof!)

I have a tinted moisturizer from Neutrogena that I love, and I think it would fit the bill perfectly (though I haven't tried it in FL yet). I use it everyday in the summer--it even has spf 20 or 30 in it.

Maybe a little blush, some (waterproof) mascara and some tinted lip balm (burts bees is fantastic) and you can strike a pose for the Photopass photographers :goodvibes

The secret for me is a cute hair cut with a great hair color. Aveeno sunscreen for the face & summer lip color. I am out the door.:cloud9:

Ok.....don't want to sound like a Diva :rotfl2: but putting on make-up is a routine that I have every day, no matter what. I know that it is what is on the inside that counts, but I just don't feel complete without it. Sad.....I know.

We have ONLY been to Disney in the sweltering heat of the summer because my DH and I are both in education and can't take the time off during the school year. In the summer you are dealing with heat and also the sun. Sunscreen is a must so I start with a moisturizer with an SPF. Then I apply a long-lasting foundation. I stay away from powders because they tend to turn to a muddy mess when I sweat.

:dance3:

I wear no makeup, hair back, a hat, and sunglasses. I am not willing to waste my time putting on makeup that just won't stay on my face. I end up looking worse with it on than I do without any at all.

I get a tan on my face;), mascara, and a pretty colored lip gloss/balm. In the evening I go with a darker lipstick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter