Summer heat/humidity

The first day the average daily high drops below 90F is September 23

Of course that is an average... it could be like that next week and Sept 23 could be 95...

Orlando is HHHOOOOOTTTTT!!!

Give me my snow

I'm from the north so comfortable weather for walking around is 80 degrees or less (preferably less!). If I wanted that kind of weather at WDW, I'd go mid-end of October. It could still be warmer than that then, but the humidity seems to ease up a tad by then from what I've experienced.

Early November for those that are not heat-tolerant (that would be me). [Just noticed as well that nkeirina and I hail from the same hometown too - we're not very heat tolerant!]

First tracks (skiing) for me will be in less than 4 months!! Wheeee!

Next week I melt in Orlando (but will be very happy)

I grew up in South Florida and it usually cools off by the end of October. Some Halloweens I had my kids in short sleeved costumes and some they had to wear sweatshirts. I live in GA now, moved in 1996.
I have been to WDW the week before Thanksgiving twice and the weather was perfect! Some days were warm enough to swim and the nights that were cooler you only needed a light sweatshirt or jacket. Its my favorite time to visit.

"Summer" is a relative term in Florida. We usually just say we have 4 seasons: "Hot", "Too Dang Hot", "Hotter Than Hell" and Christmas.

Unless, of course, we're referring to our other 3 seasons: "Wildfire Season", "Hurricane Season", and "Snowbird Season".

It used to start to 'cool off' around mid-October. As a child, sometimes I'd be sweating while trick or treating, and other times I'd be mad because wearing a sweater ruined my costume.

Lately though, it's starting to cool off later and later in the season. There were days I still had the AC on in November the last two years.

So it depends on the temperature range you're going for. If 75-85 is ok to you, than mid-late October will do for you. Although the humidity is still quite high.

If you want weather more in the 70's, then you have to wait until mid-November. Even then though....no guarantees, the weather can go either way.

"Summer" is a relative term in Florida. We usually just say we have 4 seasons: "Hot", "Too Dang Hot", "Hotter Than Hell" and Christmas.

Unless, of course, we're referring to our other 3 seasons: "Wildfire Season", "Hurricane Season", and "Snowbird Season".

:thumbsup2 Fellow Floridian speaking in my kind of terms. :rotfl:

Around the middle of October is when you first might see a cool front come by and knock the high temperatures from the upper 80's-low 90's to maybe the low middle 80's.Of course the lower temperatures may only last for a couple of days with the 90's coming right back,at least you will start to see lower humidity and less rain.

Thanks so much everyone, we had first planned on Aug 2012 but the heat is not my friend and my girls do not do well with it either so I need to bump it to later in the year, late Oct sounds like it will be our new time to go in 2012, Thanks for all the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter