Summer Fun Pass

It is not there yet. I called yesterday and the CM could tell me nothing about these. He stated that they are not informed about the new deals until right when they go on sale. He could not even tell me when they would go on sale or when I could buy them.

http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=408
Summer Fun Pass is a 3-Day Park Hopper® Ticket valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission. TICKET IS NOT VALID ON 7/4/09. Tickets are valid 45 days from first use. First use must occur between 6/1/09 through 8/23/09. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. Limit 8 tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Ticket not valid before 6/1/09. Other restrictions may apply. All offers, events, tickets, services, attractions and entertainment are subject to change without notice.

I do not see it on their site though. They made a big announcement about this last April.

That is so neat. Unfortunate for me since I live in Canada (tho an annual pass holder) but what a great way of being loyal to local residents! Love what they did!

... it's because it's not valid until 6/1. Tickets will not be sold to anyone before 6/1.

Here's the part of the fine print that I don't entirely understand: "Limit 8 tickets per person per day with valid ID."

Does that mean that if we visit DL with our friends from San Diego over the summer, our friends could buy us this pass with their ID and give it to us, even if we're from outside of CA?

If we want to park hop and do different things after that, will we need to have them with us at all times when we enter a new park to show ID?

Do you need your travel agent present to park hop if you purchase tickets in a package? Ha ha... naw, the tickets are just like regular tickets... you can park hop and such on your own.

HOWEVER... the purchaser of the Summer Fun Pass (and all other SoCal Resident tickets) HAS to be a SoCal Resident and show a photo ID/proof of residency to prove it and they can purchase them for friends and family that do not live in SoCal.

The Main Entrance DOES reserve the right to ask for ID/PoR again at the turnstile on the first visit. One ID will clear your entire party. Now it's up to the Cast Member at the turnstile to ask for ID, most don't... some do. It IS within their right and you CAN be turned away if you cannot produce an ID, I've seen it happen.

It is called the SoCal Resident Summer Fun Pass for a reason... it's mainly designed for SoCal Residents to use and for their friends/family, if they are also enjoying the Parks with them as well. It is not designed for SoCal Residents to purchase and then give away.

In before someone asks about SoCal APs... purchasers and users of SoCal APs have to be SoCal Residents. There's no purchasing SoCal AP vouchers for folks that are non-SoCal Residents as they will DEFINITELY ask for ID/PoR when you redeem the voucher for your actual AP card.

The Main Entrance DOES reserve the right to ask for ID/PoR again at the turnstile on the first visit. One ID will clear your entire party. Now it's up to the Cast Member at the turnstile to ask for ID, most don't... some do. It IS within their right and you CAN be turned away if you cannot produce an ID, I've seen it happen.

That shouldn't be a problem.

Basically, we have friends that live in SoCal. We would meet up with them at DL, and they could buy our tickets, and we'd all go into the park together.

But the important thing is that we're not bound to go wherever they go for the next three days. We might want to hop at different times, or they may not even want to go all three days the same time as we do.

It sounds as though this would be using the passes completely as intended, though, and not dishonest.

Yup yup... the real worry that I have for Guests is just the first day. There has been more and more stories of Cast Members checking on the first day and it leads to disappointment for Guests wanting to use the deal that they aren't technically eligible for.

It's just a warning for y'all, not directed at anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter