• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer EMH Question

seanmci

Mouseketeer
Hi All, We are going for 7 days at the end of July. This will be our first trip NOT in Value season. I am not worried about the crowds but I am curious about it. The July hours just came out and the one thing I like about summer is how late parks are open and how many different EMH's there are. When we went in value season the crowds were usually so low we rarely bothered with EMH. Or we used but it didn't matter that much to the crowds. And we never used evening EMH. I am putting together a plan now and I was wondering what you experienced summer voyagers do. Is it worth it to go to Future world for evening EMH? It dosn't seem there are enough rides and things open to keep the crowd really entertained. Also durinf peak times is better to just avoid EMH parks on that day? For example, does an EMH morning at MK mean the rope drop will be completely jam packed? We are very excited about being able to stay at MK until 1AM one night but wondering what it is like there after wishes? Also what is TL like during an evening EMH. Jammed?

Sorry for all the questions but I am just blown away by the options that these summer park hours and EMH's provide!

EMH at MK at night is pretty cool. After WISHes, the park empties some and you can actually do a lot when its LATE at night.

Most other EMH's I don't bother (the night ones). The early ones can be cool.

Normally though, our family doesn't do EMH's when we travel together as a family. We get up and do park opening at regular hours (non EMH) at 9am and then will have dinner between 7-8. If we are eating in a park we stay till closing, but if we have to leave we usually head back to the hotel. Sometimes we do go back and finish the park. It just depends on how tired we are.

I tend to favor EMH especially in peak seasons. We were there in June 2 yrs ago and we did Morning EMH at MK. we'd done all of Fantasy Land and were in line for Dumbo when the park opened. Its amazing the change in crowd level.

We like to EMH a park until lunch time. Then swim/relax at the resort and do the PM in a non EMH park. With small kids, I find it hard to do PM EMH.

1-Is it worth it to go to Future world for evening EMH?
2-It dosn't seem there are enough rides and things open to keep the crowd really entertained.
3-Also durinf peak times is better to just avoid EMH parks on that day?
4-For example, does an EMH morning at MK mean the rope drop will be completely jam packed?
5-We are very excited about being able to stay at MK until 1AM one night but wondering what it is like there after wishes?

1- Thousands attend.
2- Only Energy (and sometimes, Imagination) is closed.
5- More guests earlier, fewer guests the later the hour.

3-4 Never attending EMH's because they will be too crowded
is like never eating grapes because they will be too sour.

CAN be that way.
Doesn't HAVE to be that way.

Each EMH experience can be different.

I always go to AM EMH (virtually every day of the trip
that we did not do a PM EMH late the night before)...
never ONCE regretted an AM EMH... they are amazingly
empty and easy to ride the open attractions.
If that park THEN starts to fill 2 to 3 hours later...
Were happy with "doing" that park for the day and we
can HOP elsewhere or do lunch and take a rest until
later.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they
are TOO CROWDED" are right... but ONLY for the nights
they may have attended.
I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be
EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance,
often within the same week.

We went to PM EMH at AK on a Wed night and PM EMH at MK
on a Sun night (early Spring visit.)
The EMH's were so EMPTY that we could have
stayed on many attractions and ridden around and around.
This included Splash, BTM, and Pirates (and many more) at
MK, and Exp. Everest, Kali, and Dinosaur at AK. And
the crowds during the DAY at these parks were very
LARGE... within the first hour of EMH, they simply
"evaporated."

But, it can change so much (either way), that saying
it was "like X" on a given night, can be meaningless
on another night in the same time-period. So, you
simply don't KNOW unless you go. Its similar to saying
that you attended on a given night and it rained, so
guests should never go on that night because it will
probably be rainy.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to
STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to
GET UP at the start of the day.

But, considering EMH's are FREE to attend... if its
busy, just people-watch or hit the exit (where ELSE
are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)
But if its not busy... you're ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

Thanks all! And Robo you are a wealth on knowledge as usuall. This place never stops amazing me. I post a message with a million questions before 9AM eastern and 15 mins later I have answers.:cheer2::cheer2:

This is the best Disney site on the web!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter