• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Discounts Help!

Disfan20

Mouseketeer
From what I have researched there is a 30% off room discount until 6/14 and FD goes into effect 8/25. Does anyone based on past history have any idea if any other discount may be announced to cover from 6/15 to 8/24? If so, what is your best guess.

Usually nothing. Summer is really busy so there is no reason discount anything. Sorry. :scared:

There were GP discounts the past two summers. I used a 30% to stay at the Beach Club late July and early August last year. The previous summer I used a pin but there was a Summer Nightastic discount. There is hope! :goodvibes

Does anyone based on past history have any idea if any other discount may be announced to cover from 6/15 to 8/24? If so, what is your best guess.

I posted this on another thread but thought it might help you too:

Mousesavers shows this was offered last year ;)

For check ins 5/29/11-8/13/11 25%-30% off room-only discount for general public became available 5/1/11, exp 5/28/11

For check ins 6/3/11-8/13/11 20%-35% off Annual Passholder room-only rates became available 4/25/11, exp 8/13/11

For check ins 6/3/11-8/13/11 20%-35% off Florida resident room-only rates became available 5/9/11, exp 8/13/11

For check ins 8/14/11-10/1/11 room-only discounts for general public became available 5/29/11, exp 8/13/11

For check ins 8/14/11-10/1/11 flat rate room-only discounts (about 21%-40%) for Annual Passholders became available 6/30/11, exp 10/1/11

For check ins 8/14/11-10/1/11 flat rate room-only discounts (about 21%-40%) for Florida residents became available 7/14/11, exp 10/1/11

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

We received a postcard back in Dec. for 30% off room only for the month of June:goodvibes

There certainly have been good discounts in August the last three years. You can look at my signature and see that we have been able to upgrade to Deluxes the last three summers, and that is due to 40% off codes.

I do not know if that will continue or not, but I am hoping so. We are going the week before the free dining, so there is nothing out there yet. I called to book today, and couldn't even get the AAA discount on POFQ, which was our first choice for a Mod., so we booked POR. Got the AAA discount, which is better than nothing.

If a better discount comes out for our dates, we can always apply that to our ressie, maybe even upgrade again!

Fingers crossed!

I am waiting with you on this one. We went in 2010 at the end of June and used a GP room discount of 25%. We will be arriving this year June 16 and I am hoping for a GP room only discount.

We received a GP room discount of 30% off our room for our past trip in June 2010. The code was released in February of that year. Looking at the information from last year from the pp, the general public code wasn't released until May. ARG! Please, Disney, don't make us wait that long this year!

We have always gone in August for the past 3 years. One year we were there July 30th-August 8, and the other two trips started around August 16th. The July 30th and one of the August arrival trips were with FD and last year's trip was on a 40% resort PIN. It's killing me that our trip this year didn't fall into the FD dates and we had to change things around to get it. I'm still paying room only rates for 2 nights and hoping something better pops over to cover our entire trip.

Thanks for all the responses. We are hoping to go mid August and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a 40% off code so we can stay at AKL.

There certainly have been good discounts in August the last three years. You can look at my signature and see that we have been able to upgrade to Deluxes the last three summers, and that is due to 40% off codes.

I do not know if that will continue or not, but I am hoping so. We are going the week before the free dining, so there is nothing out there yet. I called to book today, and couldn't even get the AAA discount on POFQ, which was our first choice for a Mod., so we booked POR. Got the AAA discount, which is better than nothing.

If a better discount comes out for our dates, we can always apply that to our ressie, maybe even upgrade again!

Fingers crossed!

If you don't mind me asking what were the rates for the poly, or discount that you received?

If you don't mind me asking what were the rates for the poly, or discount that you received?

It was definitely 40% off the Poly for us, twice. The 40% may have been a pin code sent just to us last year, and the General public code may have been 30-35%. I think I originally booked the public code online, then got an email with the better discount and called them to apply the new code, which they did. I may have that reversed, but somehow we got the 40.

I think the rate for 2009 was $239, Garden view. For the CR in 2010, I think it was $189 for a standard view in the Garden wing. That turned out to be a very lucky rate, because we got an upgrade to the Hospitality suite! I can't remember the exact rate for the Poly last year, but it was 40% off.

Honestly, I willl be surprised if the discounts are as good this year. I think they will offer something, but I don't know what it will be.

Honestly, I willl be surprised if the discounts are as good this year. I think they will offer something, but I don't know what it will be.

I don't think the discounts will be as good this year either. At this point though, I'll take anything. Something is better than nothing. After waiting so long, I think I'd be thrilled with any offer/discount that comes out. I haven't lost hope yet!

Booked our airfare for July1-9. Wanted to get that piece square before prices climbed. Now for the room discounts. I've been watching and have looked at the historical timeline that Mousesavers provides. Really don't want to book without some type of discount. Makes no sense to me to reserve a room now as there would be no incentive for Disney to offer a discount if rooms are reserved at rack rate!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Booked our airfare for July1-9. Wanted to get that piece square before prices climbed. Now for the room discounts. I've been watching and have looked at the historical timeline that Mousesavers provides. Really don't want to book without some type of discount. Makes no sense to me to reserve a room now as there would be no incentive for Disney to offer a discount if rooms are reserved at rack rate!:goodvibes:goodvibes

That's true ,I guess... it doesn't make sense to book a room and be waitng for a discount. But, for me I would rather be sure I got POP Century at full price that not get it at all ! :cutie:

If the discount comes out I may switch to a Moderate or do a split stay...but I do want to be at POP and don't want to chance that. I do not care for The All-Stars and would not enjoy my stay @ WDW if I had only those rooms to choose from !

I know they offered alot of different PINS for the beginning of august until FD. Wondering if they had a great response to that, so maybe nothing else coming. The PIN offers were not spectacular, but since it's the only time we can go, we used a 20 percent off of POR PIN. The other PIN we got was not even as good as that, though I can't remember what it was now. I've heard different resort and room categories are actually getting booked up for that time frame, esp. when we are going mid-to-end of Aug., so I'm figuring that's the best we're gonna do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter