Summer Discount Public - Monday?

I'm dying to get home to check into my disney account to see what we end up with. We are a party of 5 going July4 week. Wasn't hopeful but wanted CBR which was booked when I originally booked. So I switched when it was available

But what is strange is that it was booked when I checked last night. So I'm nervous she screwed something up. I also didn't get an updated confirmation #? She said it stays the same? Just trying to get excited to go!

So, if we have 3 adults in our party, I should only book for 2 with Orbitz and then call Disney and add the other adult? Or, does this only work with adding kids?

Only with children. Adults cost extra after the first two (except in DVC/Villa resorts or campgrounds). If you book 2 adults, and then try to add an extra adult, Orbitz will refuse or require you to pay more (correctly). However, if you have 3 adults and 1 child, you should add the child after booking.

If you're not saving 15% off the discounted rate, it's possible Orbitz is sold out of discounted rooms, and is quoting you 15% off the full rack rate. Or maybe the room type is different between the two bookings?

But what is strange is that it was booked when I checked last night. So I'm nervous she screwed something up. I also didn't get an updated confirmation #? She said it stays the same? Just trying to get excited to go!
Your confirmation number will stay the same. Anytime I made changes to my trips, they change automatically on MDE.

I got WL, Courtyard View mid-July. Std and Woods views were not available for the various dates I tried.
I'm sure the cheaper rooms are already well-booked at rack rates, so Disney doesn't need to discount them.
Nice to get 30% off of Value season rates :yay:

I have a courtyard at WL end of July/early August. When I called Friday to use the Visa cardholder offer none of the standard rooms were available at CBR (I was surprised someone was able to upgrade to a preferred room actually). The only room availability at CBR last week was the pirate rooms. I know a woods view, courtyard view and bunk rooms and club level rooms were available but I don't know about the standard at WL.

Is it typical that standard view rooms are not included in room only discounts?

Last edited:

I tried to modify my existing reservation at CBR in July, and nothing was available. We are a party of 5, so somewhat limited in where we can stay. Nothing at POR or WL, and AOA was $900 more expensive. It's frustrating that I was on the phone exactly at 6am CST, and still nothing available. It seems like very few rooms were available at the mods for this promotion.
Make sure you go back to the WDW site and check frequently as it appears that some rooms are appearing and disappearing. From this morning to this evening, I noticed that for 5 people at POR the WDW site went from having only Pool view available at a discount, to having no rooms available, to having only Preferred rooms available at a discount. We managed to get the Preferred room we wanted today at POR.

No, it's not.

I have booked standard rooms with a discount for every previous trip. So the availability with these discounts for the summer has been very disappointing.

As others have mentioned, still only pirate (CBR) and royal (POR) rooms available with the discount for most days. Even if people were willing to do the upgrade, these rooms only accommodate 4 so families of 5 are excluded from any discount at POR or CBR.

Really glad now that I booked the nurse discount at the Dolphin a few months back instead of waiting for on site summer discounts to come out.

I got a preferred room at CBR this morning for our family of 5 right around $200 a night. (Normally runs 250) I would prefer a regular room but none available and we did really want to try CBR so I changed from POR. I was trying to convince myself alligator bayou was ok but I wasn't really feeling it. So CBR will be it!

I got a preferred room at CBR this morning for our family of 5 right around $200 a night. (Normally runs 250) I would prefer a regular room but none available and we did really want to try CBR so I changed from POR. I was trying to convince myself alligator bayou was ok but I wasn't really feeling it. So CBR will be it!

That's great! We have always stayed at CBR and we LOVE it there. But when I called for the visa offer they could only "upgrade" us to a pirate room and there was no way we were going to do that. There isn't a single way I can think of those rooms as an upgrade (we did it once...that was enough). At first we were going to just stick with what we had until we were quoted for the WL and realized for just a little more we could stay in our first deluxe. So...we are switching it up too :)

Is this just for orbitz or expedia too? Thinking about booking third party... We are 3 adults and an under 3 year old

I booked this morning online, then cancelled my prior stay - Pop in August. Now I'm reading the thread and looked at Orbitz; it looks like I could save $90-100 but it's going to require me to pay in full right now? Does that sound right, it must be paid in full instead of just the one-night deposit?

I booked this morning online, then cancelled my prior stay - Pop in August. Now I'm reading the thread and looked at Orbitz; it looks like I could save $90-100 but it's going to require me to pay in full right now? Does that sound right, it must be paid in full instead of just the one-night deposit?

Yes you need to pay in full.

No. There just weren't any available at WL for the July dates I tried this morning (I was looking at July 12th and later, so as to fall within Value season). AKL had standard and pool view available - all room types, actually - for all the dates I tried. But WL only had Courtyard and higher. POR only had Royal rooms available. POP had all room types available.

I booked Yacht Club through the Disney site when the discount first came out. Garden or Woods view for $288/night, saved about $1000 on rack rate for 7 nights. Then I added 10 day tickets, since we're staying with friends off site for a few days after. I would have preferred Beach Club, but the discount was lower, so no. BWI did have some rooms for only $10/night more, but we stayed there last year so I think we'll try something new :)

Super bummed - I woke up to a PIN code in my email today, but it's attached to my MIL's name & this is the first time she isn't going with us!!! Ugh. So annoying! I was really looking forward to the free Park Hoppers!

Orbitz - I didn't know about the kids thing, that makes sense BUT how do you make sure you get a 5 person room if you don't put the kids in? It does explain why the prices I was getting on their site were higher than Disney, though. I was able to find POR rooms on Orbitz (but not Disney) but CBR says they are sold out for our dates on both sites. I am so not feeling POR so I think we're just going to spend the extra money. Crazy to me that the mods are so much cheaper than 2 rooms or a suite at the values, though. I wish they would make it easier for families of 5!

Are you putting in only 2 adults and leaving off any kids? If not that what is wrong. You need to only have 2 people then call Orbitz to have Disney add the other members of he group. Orbitz charges for more then 2 but Disney doesn't.

AHHH! I booked Universal through cheaptickets and had to do the same. I did not even think of that. I was adding my kids! Now I just did it again and see that I can save $140 for a royal room. But, now I have a couple of questions. I have never booked this way before. So, will I get back my $200 deposit with Disney? And I will have to order my park tickets separately, correct? How does that work with FP+? And will my existing reservations for dining get tied to my new reservation and can I still use the My Disney Experience? Do you still get magic bands? I am just a bit confused and concerned now. We were also considering Coronado Springs since we could save more there.

Last edited:
oh, the fast pass question is important! If we book with Orbitz can we get FP at 60 days still? I was just going to add my tickets onto my Orbitz order.

I do know you can call & cancel with Disney & get your $200 back - I did that last year when we changed resorts after the discounts came out.

Just tried out a few more options on Orbitz. I can get a standard room for POR and save about $250.00 from what I have booked with Disney. It is not layered with the summer promotion, but just the 15% but still a good savings. I also checked Coronado standard room and that would save us almost $500. Now I have some decisions to make, providing all my concerns listed in my last post are actually not to be concerned about. Have to go research Coronado now as we love POR! Thank you!!!

I'm curious about my ADR's also. If I make the switch to the Orbitz booking, will I loose all my ADR's? I have several dinner shows as well as CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter