• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer CP 2011?

bjresmom

Earning My Ears
Hi!
Does anyone know if they will be offering the Summer CP program next year? I just started college this week, and would love to work for Disney (Big brothers and sister all did the CP!) for the summer! My class schedule is just too rigid to allow me to take off a semester during the year and still graduate and get into the grad program I want!
Any information would be great1
My brother did a summer, but that was after his CP. He said that the only things offered were Quick Food and Merchandising (which would be fine with me, as a Math Major!)

In short, no, not for just the summer.

Looking on the website, it looks like there may not be a Summer Alumni program next summer, let alone a program for first time CPers.

:( I'm sorry.

Unfortunately the summer program (when offered) is only for alumni of the CP

If you look on the DCP website you will see they have spring, spring advantage, spring advantage quarter and the fall equivalents. Unfortunately summer only is reserved for alumni

hi vegetablegirl thanks,..
for informing about college summer cp,....

the summer isn't an established program. they pretty much got rid of it when the spring advantage and fall advantage programs started (both cover the summer months).
it really isn't a full fledged program either. it is more of an opportunity to go down and work. the full listing of roles isn't available. it is really just used to fill in spots that were opened by people who were termed or quit the spring advantage program.

it hasn't been offered every year. there has been a year or two when it was available to all applicants (sounds like this was when your brother did it). like others said, it is usually restricted to alumni due to the very few positions that they have.

they don't announce the details until january, but i wouldn't hold my breath on it being an option for a first time participant.

Hi!
Does anyone know if they will be offering the Summer CP program next year? I just started college this week, and would love to work for Disney (Big brothers and sister all did the CP!) for the summer! My class schedule is just too rigid to allow me to take off a semester during the year and still graduate and get into the grad program I want!
Any information would be great1
My brother did a summer, but that was after his CP. He said that the only things offered were Quick Food and Merchandising (which would be fine with me, as a Math Major!)

Unfortunately as others have mentioned there is only a Summer CP for alumni. I'm a Math Major too! :goodvibes I would love to be able to do the college program before I graduate, but I don't think I'll be able to take a semester off either. I'm thinking now about doing it after I graduate, and maybe go to grad school after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter