• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

summer bay resort- which area to ask for?

susieeQ

Mouseketeer
Hello again,
We are staying at summer bay resort as a timeshare exchange. Now, I understand that it is a beautiful complex, but is it broken down into sections?
Ex. New...old... Which area should I request. I have reserved 2-2 bedroom condo's. Do you think its possible to be placed together? We are going Dec 3-10th. Anyone else going to be at summer bay that time?

We just returned tonight from a one week stay at Summer Bay. We were in a 2-bedroom villa, which I understand are smaller than the condos. The condos all looked beautiful and they have a small balcony which the villas do not. From the outside all of the sections looked similar. We were in Sec. 105 and our room seemed fairly new but that section was all villas. There were condos on both sides of us and the resort has 2 pools and a small water park area. The main pool was near check-in and it also had a gift shop, tiki pool bar, lake area water activities, mini-golf, etc.

It was not that crowded this past week and I was wishing that I had checked into the option of upgrading to a condo. Our villa was fine for our family but if this week is typical, and it may not be, getting units near each other would not be too hard to do.

Let me know if you have any questions on the resort.

We are staying at summer bay in october. 3 bedroom unit. Stayed last year and the year before, both in the new section. The "older" section, which is still very nice and well furnished is on the left hand side as you drive into the complex. The "older" section rooms are a bit smaller. I know this because we were put in the "older" section and we moved to the "newer" section. I don't know if you can request a certain condo or not. I have booked mine through RCI bonus time.

thank you.
after you get back, could you tell me which number units( I believe they are the 400 and 500) buildings) are the newer ones. I cant wait to hear about your trip!

holdem

it is located on 192 about two or three miles beyond Orange Lake Country Club ( only a mile from the end of 192 at hwy 27 )

is it close to shopping and restaurants? i drove by orange lake once. it seemed kind of isolated....thanks.

hmmmm ....there are restaurants out that way, but the ones i recall are like the Pizza Huts etc ...more fast food type

as far as shopping there is a super walmart about a mile up the 27 going North

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter