Summer Bay Resort vs. Villas at Summer Bay

cheerky

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for a two bedroom condo at the Villas at Summer Bay in August. What is the difference between Summer Bay Resort and the Villas at Summer Bay? Are the amenities the same? :confused3

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have never been to the Villas, but my understanding has always been that the units there are not as nice as the ones in the Resort.

Incredible news about the sinkhole yesterday. The news wasn't mentioning the name of the resort, but I recognized it right away. Thankfully all guests are accounted for, but what a rude awakening during your vacation.

The scary part is that it could happen anywhere in the area. They also named my home state of Tennessee as one of the top states for this type of problem. :sad1:

Sheila

The villas aren't bad, smaller than many other places but clean and stocked nevertheless. Regretfully, our villa was evacuated. We were in 105. Villa 104 collapsed. It was quite an ordeal. We are no longer staying at Summer Bay. We asked to be relocated off the property.

WOW, so it was this week that you had made your reservation? Everyone is okay, I hope? I also hope it didn't ruin your vacation - something like that can be quite disruptive to an already hectic schedule. Where are you staying now?

Gracious!

Were you able to get your stuff out of your condo?

Dawn

The villas aren't bad, smaller than many other places but clean and stocked nevertheless. Regretfully, our villa was evacuated. We were in 105. Villa 104 collapsed. It was quite an ordeal. We are no longer staying at Summer Bay. We asked to be relocated off the property.

We have stayed in the Villas and thought they were very nice.

We asked for a 3rd floor far away from the pool so that it would be quiet. It was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter