Summer at DLP, days 0 and 1

Verity Chambers

<font color=blue>He's delicious! Rather like <font
Day 0.

It is the last day of the school term today and I wake up full of excitement, firstly because it is the last day of school and secondly we are starting our holiday straight after school! :banana: Simon is finishing work at 3.00 and then we will get going driving down to Ashford as soon as humanly possible! I spend the day making sure I am prepared to leave as soon as I can, and half three comes round quicker than I expected. I load my car up and am home for 4.00 (working 5 mins from home does have it's advantages!). After some last minute packing the three of us are in the car and way at 4.45. We are all a little grumpy and tired, so stop for dinner at Leicester Forest East at 6.00 and we all feel better after some expensive motorway food!!! The rest of the journey goes by quickly, Evie falls asleep :cloud9: at 8.00 and Si and I chat all the way there about Disney and holidays in general. The Holiday Inn was very easy to find, I'm not really sure what time we arrived, but it was straight to bed for us all, with the alarm set for 7.15 the next day!! :thumbsup2

Day 1.

I sleep very badly as I am way too excited! I get myself out of bed at 7 and wash my hair, unable to stay in bed a minute longer! I drag everyone else out of bed and we are down for breakfast at 8.15. I was pretty pleased with the price of the Holiday Inn, £89 with parking and breakfast (cheaper than the Eurostar Special they do which is £104!) Breakfast was really nice. There was a hot buffet, bacon, sausage, egg etc. There was also cereal and pastries. Evie has cereal and some scrambled egg; Simon makes himself a sauasage sandwich and I have sausage, beans, mushrooms and toast. It was a nice relaxing start to our day. The taxi arrived to pick us up at 9.00 and we are straight over to the Eurostar terminal. :thumbsup2
We are very lucky to get straight through security and passport control with no queuing and then we position ourselves near the children's area so Evie can play for a bit. We relax with a mocha and people watch until the train is announced by Mickey and Donald; this was my first teary moment :lovestruc of the trip as Evie is so excited, she jumps up and down. We head down to carriage 1 and find our seats without problem. The journey goes by fine, even with Evie on our laps. it always so great to pull into Marne la Vallee station and know you are right there.
When we arrive, we are pleasantly surprised by how hot it is. We haven't got the magical express service as we like to check straight into our hotel; so we take a slow stroll through the village and over to santa fe along the river (we very rarely use the bus service, preffering the walk instead). Check in queue is pretty huge, so I send Evie and Simon down to the bar for some lunch while I queue. I think the lady on recption thought I was a bit crazy as I was practically jumping around when she gave me my tickets and half board vouchers! I find E and S in the bar, Si is enjoying his first 1664 of the trip and some cheese and ham baguettes (french baguettes are soooooo good!). We find our room and unpack, Evie is very pleased with the bunk bed.
After unpacking Evie is desperate for her first ride on IASW, so we head for the park in the bright sunshine. Evie is desperate to go in the shops as we head through the village, but we distract her with getting to IASW asap!! As we enter the parks we are met by the princesses, much to our delight, what a great start!! We head for Ariel (she has the shortest queue!!) and Evie is thrilled to meet her. princess:

IMG_0670600x450.jpg

We head up Main Street and through Discoveryland to IASW, as we pass through the walkway between the two lands Mickey appears from nowhere, and we get to meet him, things are going well!! :goodvibes

IMG_06831632x1224.jpg

IMG_0685600x450.jpg

Evie gets her first ride of the trip, which reduces me to tears as she is so happy, singing and dancing. After we have a go on the carousel,

IMG_06971632x1224.jpg

IMG_07001224x1632.jpg

then pirates, which turns out to be the first and last for some of us! Traumatised for life LOL :scared1: :rotfl2:

IMG_07021632x1224.jpg

After it is time to head into Disney village to meet our friends for dinner at Cafe Mickey. We spend a fantastic couple of hous with Saah, Tony and co and just generally enjoy the atmosphere. The food is much better than we remember it to be and the character interaction is great as always, as well as plentiful! :dance3:

IMG_07081632x1224.jpg

IMG_07181632x1224.jpg

During dinner it pours with rain and we are glad to be inside! Evie loved this meal, especially dancing with Mickey! As Evie is tiring we say bye to everyone an head back to Santa Fe, where we get absolutely head to foot drenched, much to Evie's delight!! :confused3

IMG_07371632x1224.jpg

We had a great first day!

It sounds like you had a fantastic first day :thumbsup2

You pay all that money for Disney magic, and one of the biggest smiles of the day from your daughter is when she gets rained on. Why do we bother :lmao:

Sounds like a great day hope the rest that follow were just as good. BTW i love your coat can i ask where you got it from??

It sounds like you had a fantastic first day :thumbsup2

You pay all that money for Disney magic, and one of the biggest smiles of the day from your daughter is when she gets rained on. Why do we bother :lmao:

She loved wearing her poncho!!

Lovely start! :)

Thanks!

Sounds like a great day hope the rest that follow were just as good. BTW i love your coat can i ask where you got it from??

yes, we had a fantastic trip! The coat was just from ASDA last year!

What a fab start. I am sure the characters came out just to welcome beautiful little Evie. :lovestruc

Wow Verity, what a fantastic start. Can't believe how big Evie is getting now and how much she looks like you.

woo hoo! a DLP TR! Sounds like a fun first day! Can't wait for more, Verity!

What a fab start. I am sure the characters came out just to welcome beautiful little Evie. :lovestruc

What a great trip report! Evie is SO cute! :cutie:

Thank you :hug:

Wow Verity, what a fantastic start. Can't believe how big Evie is getting now and how much she looks like you.

She is a mini me, poor thing! ;)

:rotfl2: Evie looks terrified by the pirates, bless her !

She was v v v scared, but liked the drops she maintains!!

woo hoo! a DLP TR! Sounds like a fun first day! Can't wait for more, Verity!

We love DLP!

Aww lovely first day your daughter is too cute!:)

:hug:

Great start, Verity. I love your jacket too. Sounds like you packed a lot into your first day :goodvibes

Laur's xx

Oh Verity, Evie is such a doll, great start, onto the next one I go:goodvibes:goodvibes

Aw bless her on Pirates! So sweet! You managed to get some lovely character pics.

Gorgeous photos Verity - I love the one of Evie on pirates! Try as we might we couldn't persuade her to give it another go! Bless her! I still can't get over that rain that night after Cafe Mickey! Brilliant Part 1!

Great report Verity! I can feel your excitement.

Love the photos of Evie - what a cutie!!

Loved your first day. Cafe Mickey's normally lives up to the expectations :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter