Summer 2015 predictions

I bet the Wonder gets lengthened and that the canal won't be ready. That will leave the Wonder out east. I can see them thinking about this and planning on the Wonder being in NYC for the summer since NYC was so successful and the Magic going back to Europe and maybe adding more interesting itineraries there. However it would be awesome if the Magic went to South America for the summer. :)

Are there any new Disney ships in the works? It would be ideal if they could leave at least 1 classic ship on the west coast, then 1 out of NY area, and others in the south.

Hmmmmmm..... what do you think the chances are of one of the ships sailing from Belfast? No? Thought not! :rotfl2: I should be so lucky!!! Oh well, Hawaii would be my next choice, but its a close run thing ;)

DH and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2015 and I have my heart set on Europe. I hope they are still doing Med. sailings then.

California and/or Mexico. I'd love anything including San Diego and San Francisco, maybe a stop at Disneyland (better IMO than WDW). Preferably they could do these more often so school kids could go, not just before and after Alaska season.

San Diego all the way up to Vancouver. I'd do that.

Oh, they could do that after the Alaska shoulder season, then transition to Hawaii. Who wouldn't want to cruise to Hawaii over and over in the winter? I know I would! Although apparently not many other people do since there aren't many trans-Pacific cruises to Hawaii, right? They repo the ship, then the ship cruises around Hawaii a zillion times, then it repos back (that's what NCL does I think). I don't want to cruise Around Hawaii, I want to cruise To Hawaii. Cruising around Hawaii is stressful.

I would really like to do a trans-Atlantic, trans-Pacific, or Panama Canal, but they are never at times that I can go and take my son with me.

Caribbean and Mexican destinations just don't interest me at all (from Texas, hot, don't like it). I like Europe, but airfare is cost prohibitive right now. That doesn't leave much for people like me. I can't be the only one!

I bet the Wonder gets lengthened and that the canal won't be ready. That will leave the Wonder out east. I can see them thinking about this and planning on the Wonder being in NYC for the summer since NYC was so successful and the Magic going back to Europe and maybe adding more interesting itineraries there. However it would be awesome if the Magic went to South America for the summer. :)

Who's summer? It should sail south during Dec-Feb when it's summer in the southern hemisphere... But that won't happen.

I really don't think DCL is going to abandon their Alaska itineraries. Alaska seems to sell well and at a good price point, much better than alternative ports like Galveston or LA (and probably Baltimore, but maybe not).

I really think they'd just delay the duck tail addition instead. Going around the cape would be expensive and long for North American citizens. They have been heavily discounting the Panama Canal and transatlantic cruises, and I don't think they want another cruise of that sort.

I'm sure there is some interest from South Americans, but I just don't see DCL being able to do those itineraries part-time. When other lines moved down there, it came with a lot of growing pains and changes. Cultural and language differences might make it hard to really draw in large numbers of South Americans, especially considering the competition.

I really don't think DCL is going to abandon their Alaska itineraries. Alaska seems to sell well and at a good price point, much better than alternative ports like Galveston or LA (and probably Baltimore, but maybe not).

I really think they'd just delay the duck tail addition instead. Going around the cape would be expensive and long for North American citizens. They have been heavily discounting the Panama Canal and transatlantic cruises, and I don't think they want another cruise of that sort.

I'm sure there is some interest from South Americans, but I just don't see DCL being able to do those itineraries part-time. When other lines moved down there, it came with a lot of growing pains and changes. Cultural and language differences might make it hard to really draw in large numbers of South Americans, especially considering the competition.

Original rumors of 'two new ships' were based on the dry docks of both Magic and Wonder. But when the time came to announce these, only the Magic was mentioned. Further, there's been recent changes in the late fall itineraries. Originally, the Wonder was blacked out from Oct to Dec 2014. Flyers did make it to the ships that showed it doing 7n Western out of PC during Nov-Dec. The Fantasy already has 7n Eastern during that time.

But a few days ago, things got moved around and the Magic will swap with the Wonder and do those 7n Western. The Wonder will be based of Miami instead. Basically, put the oldest ship (or least renewed one) down in Miami, as most will rather sail out of PC.

So my guess is that the Wonder's dry dock is delayed, and may well be until after the channel is expanded, assuming it will also be getting a bigger tail. It can then continue to do Alaska without issues. Unless the dry dock does happen in early 2015. If so, they might not schedule Alaska in the event the channel is not expanded on time.

San Diego all the way up to Vancouver. I'd do that.

Oh, they could do that after the Alaska shoulder season, then transition to Hawaii. Who wouldn't want to cruise to Hawaii over and over in the winter? I know I would! Although apparently not many other people do since there aren't many trans-Pacific cruises to Hawaii, right? They repo the ship, then the ship cruises around Hawaii a zillion times, then it repos back (that's what NCL does I think). I don't want to cruise Around Hawaii, I want to cruise To Hawaii. Cruising around Hawaii is stressful.

NCL Hawaii stays in Hawaii. They're the only ones allowed to stay there and sail around Hawaii a zillion times (due to a weird maritime law.) Other cruise lines do repo cruises and don't stay more than a week or two.

We've cruised around the islands three times on different cruise lines, and it's far more relaxing than packing/unpacking/repacking to fly to another island.

BTW, even in May, the Pacific is chilly and the waves get the ships rockin and a rollin.

Original rumors of 'two new ships' were based on the dry docks of both Magic and Wonder. But when the time came to announce these, only the Magic was mentioned. Further, there's been recent changes in the late fall itineraries. Originally, the Wonder was blacked out from Oct to Dec 2014. Flyers did make it to the ships that showed it doing 7n Western out of PC during Nov-Dec. The Fantasy already has 7n Eastern during that time.

But a few days ago, things got moved around and the Magic will swap with the Wonder and do those 7n Western. The Wonder will be based of Miami instead. Basically, put the oldest ship (or least renewed one) down in Miami, as most will rather sail out of PC.

So my guess is that the Wonder's dry dock is delayed, and may well be until after the channel is expanded, assuming it will also be getting a bigger tail. It can then continue to do Alaska without issues. Unless the dry dock does happen in early 2015. If so, they might not schedule Alaska in the event the channel is not expanded on time.

My question is...do they NEED the duck tail on both ships? Could they possibly be adding it just to the Magic for stability, since she is the one that is going across the Atlantic? Is it really needed for Caribbean/Alaska itineraries?

I guess I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they are going to keep the ships identical.

My question is...do they NEED the duck tail on both ships? Could they possibly be adding it just to the Magic for stability, since she is the one that is going across the Atlantic? Is it really needed for Caribbean/Alaska itineraries?

I guess I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they are going to keep the ships identical.

The duck tail is for stability and fuel efficiency. Both ships will get it, but it's looking more & more like they will be delaying the Wonder's dry dock until the canal is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The duck tail is for stability and fuel efficiency. Both ships will get it, but it's looking more & more like they will be delaying the Wonder's dry dock until the canal is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks. I knew you and Scott would be the ones to ask.

Anything that departs from Southern California is okay by me! :cool1: It is the only port we can drive to...and we'd stop at Disneyland on the way, of course. :thumbsup2

Anyplace that the West Coasters can go to without having to fly. How about up and down the coast?

I would love some SoCal departures! LA/Long Beach/San Diego Instead of just having one trip before and after the Alaska season, they could give us a couple of months on each end before the ship heads back to the Caribbean for the winter months.

I think this could work:
March 1 - May 15 in LA
May 15 - September 15 in Alaska
September 15 - October 31 in LA
November 1 - February 28 in the Caribbean (with a Panama trip on each end)

Who's with me?

Hmmm, as much as I don't like the "Delaying the Wonder's major drydock so it won't be to large to go through the canal" theory, it does make sense. It's probably not a good idea for DCL to add on to the Wonder in fall of 2014 if there's a chance they will get stuck on the wrong side of the canal before the 2015 Alaska season. So if this is the case, we'll get the old Wonder for Alaska 2015 and the drydock will happen the next fall. That would be a huge disappointment for me since we're considering Alaska 2015. I hope I'm wrong, I guess we'll have a better idea when the new fall itineraries come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter