Suitcase sizes that will fit under the bed?

Cindi0511

DIS Veteran
I have done multiple searches knowing that this question must have been answered before, but nothing is coming up that gives the dimensions. Anyone know the biggest size of a suitcase that will fit under the beds without causing bulging under the matress (just couldn't be comfortable!)?

Even if you can direct me to a thread that gives dimensions, I'd really appreciate it. I've looked through a bunch already.:goodvibes

I don't have exact measurements, but my one hard suitcase that is 12 inches high closed did not fit but I just left it open and slide it under the bed no problem.

The reason you won't find a firm piece of info is the outer sides of the bed are far lower than the actual height underneath the bed. Two of our pieces are too high to just 'shove' under but lifting the side of the bed they fit under perfectly fine once I get them past the outer trim. Have never measured, sorry.

We have only cruised on Royal Caribbean, but I've never had a problem fitting luggage under the bed. We do have a couple of hard sided suitcases that are too big, but that problem is solved by opening them (like a book), and they slide right underneath.

The reason you won't find a firm piece of info is the outer sides of the bed are far lower than the actual height underneath the bed. Two of our pieces are too high to just 'shove' under but lifting the side of the bed they fit under perfectly fine once I get them past the outer trim. Have never measured, sorry.

This is what we had to do as well. We didn't slide it under we lifted the base of the bed and put all our luggage inside

I have done multiple searches knowing that this question must have been answered before, but nothing is coming up that gives the dimensions. Anyone know the biggest size of a suitcase that will fit under the beds without causing bulging under the matress (just couldn't be comfortable!)?

Even if you can direct me to a thread that gives dimensions, I'd really appreciate it. I've looked through a bunch already.:goodvibes
What ship are you booked on? The answers above all apply to the Magic and Wonder. If you're booked on the Dream, there is more bed clearance for luggage than on the other two.

We have always just lifted up the bed and scooted our luggage underneath. Hard shell luggage may need to be opened up.

We have always done the same and even my hardsided bag fits under the bed so long as we lift the bed up. The only thing I can tell you is that we fly and our bags meet the size requirement given by the airlines but if you need to know the exact depth of our bags, I will happily measure when I get home this evening.

We have always just lifted up the bed and scooted our luggage underneath. Hard shell luggage may need to be opened up.

I had 2 huge hardsided Delsey suitcases, both fit just fine under the bed closed. You do have to lift the bed frame for them to slide under.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter