• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suitcase rule - does it count carry on?

kstrib

Earning My Ears
Does the 2 per person rule count carry ons as part of that? Or only checked luggage? We are going to the World for 5 days prior, I'm afraid that I might have too many bags :-(

Thanks!

kstrib said:
Does the 2 per person rule count carry ons as part of that? Or only checked luggage? We are going to the World for 5 days prior, I'm afraid that I might have too many bags :-(

Thanks!

no, 2 checked in pieces of luggage and 1 carry on (although, I have carried on two pieces before...a purse and my laptop in a carrying case and never had a problem!) per person!

we were goi nto WDW for 10 days prior to the cruise..what we did was the last day at Disney we packed all the cruise clothes into one suitcase and then left all the others in the car trunk while we were on the cruise. There was no way I could have brought all that on board!

It does not apply to your carry on or purse. I always have a carry-on for each member of our party and my purse as well. No problem for past 2 cruises. Plan on continuing for the upcoming in July!

If you have more than 2 suitcases per person & need more luggage tags, the porters will have extra. DCL isn't like the airlines. If you want to store it in your stateroom, you can take it.

lbgraves said:
If you want to store it in your stateroom, you can take it.
That's pretty much it --- if you can shoehorn it into your stateroom, you can check it as luggage --- as for carry on luggage, the rule seems to be that if you can carry it, then you can carry it on. Just remember, if you board early you're haulling all that carry on luggage around the ship with you until the rooms are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter