Suit in Palo on Formal Night ...

J

justcruisin

Would it be appropriate for DH to wear the same suit on formal night in Palo and semi formal night. He does own a tux, but suitcase space is tight ..... Any opinions are helpful..

YES YES YES!!! Recycle clothes it's the only way to go. And personally I can't remember what anyone else on the cruise wore from night to night!!

Justcruisin--

You think like we do! Generally, we always schedule our Palo dinner on either formal or semi-formal night so that we only have two "suit nights." One suit would be fine for both nights considering you'll probably only wear it for three to four hours each night anyway.

And, from my experiences, suits are more common than a tux on both nights.

Palo is not a formal restaurant -- except on formal night. Otherwise, Palo is a "jacket suggested" restaurant. Even on formal night, a suit is just as good as a tuxedo.

Dress up. Have fun. Get into the spirit of the suggested dress, but don't worry about it.

I hate suit jackets. In fact, I dont even own one. Will DCL let me into Palos with dress pants, shirt, tie, and a nice vest? Victoria and Alberts didn't have a problem with it. :confused:

Originally posted by StuartMI
I hate suit jackets. In fact, I dont even own one. Will DCL let me into Palos with dress pants, shirt, tie, and a nice vest? Victoria and Alberts didn't have a problem with it. :confused:

I need to know this also!
BF doesn't have a suit... but does
have dressy pants and a few ties...

his waredrobe consists of mostly
jeans and tshirts... he works
construction... seeing him in
a tie is a VERY rare occasion!

How does everyone iron their clothes
on board also... I read that DCL will
not allow us to bring an iron of our own!

I wore a Tux on formal night, we were in Palo's. There was quite a variety of dress that night. I saw a number of Tux's and a number of suits. Most generally everyone dressed up.

I also wore the Tux again without the cumberbun on Semi Formal night, since I had rented it and it came with 2 shirts I wore it again. I would say, get into the spirit of the dress code as much as possible, it was fun....

As far as IRON'S go, there are irons in the Laundry rooms for you to use...DCL does not want irons in the staterooms.

My DH wore a tux to Palo on our fist cruise. On our second he wore smart khaki pants and an equally smart shirt. He didn't feel out of place on either occasion and the difference was only a matter of what he felt like wearing at the time. Go with whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

Originally posted by drdelsol
I wore a suit To Palos but I was in the minority. No one seemed to mind.
I assume it was not formal night or semi-formal night.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, Palo is not a formal restaurant -- except on formal night. Otherwise, Palo is a "jacket suggested" restaurant.

Palo is a stylish restaurant. Use your Palo night as an opportunity to wear stylish, dressy clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter