• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions please

bourlea

Earning My Ears
Hi All :surfweb:

My mum has decided she wants to go to Disney one final time (money reasons only) with her grand daughters next year and wants to stay on site!
Since we cannot take the girls out of school it looks like we are going in mid to late August for 16 nights and all was going well. I had costed up a 2 bed (mum wants her own room) at OKW or SSR including the free dining plan but she now wants to stay at AKL in a 2 bed!
So my question is how many nights should we stay in AKL and does anyone have any suggestions for a villa (or hotel) not to far from Disney (which may be cheaper than onsite for the whole time)

Adam

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question: the amount of time you spend at AKL is surely dependent on how much money you're willing to spend?

I have stayed at both SSR and AKL and both are lovely.

I would suggest going to www.disneyworld.co.uk to look at the prices for the accommodation first to see how many days you want to stay.

We love both places, but I find SSR more relaxing and homely for us.

Have fun planning.

The price is the issue, Mum wants to pay for all of us to go for 16 days but the price for staying in AKL for that amount of time is silly money!
Im really just after a suggestion of how many nights you would spend at AKL to make it worthwhile and would you have it at the start or end of your trip.
When i have an idea of that then i can work out where to stay for the rest of the break

Adam

That is a difficult question. We have stayed at AKL and then moved to GF as we couldnt at the time afford to stay at GF for longer than 2 days.

For free dining there is a minimum stay so maybe start with that to work out what you want to do:thumbsup2

Who are you booking with? you may want to try booking with Disney directly and seeing if you can get a 2 bed with the DDP at AKL or Kidani Village. We have DVC at AKV and love it! We definitely got best value for our upcoming trip this year (not using the DVC points) by booking everything separately (Flights, accommodation and car hire)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter