Suggestions on what to eat--Atkins

wannabebelle

Mouseketeer
Ok, this is my second time around doing Atkins. Lost 22 pounds last summer and put it all back on plus 6 pounds. Fun.

Anyway, yesterday marked the two week point for me and I've lost ten pounds. The down side right now is the thought of meat makes me want to vomit!

I hit this point the first time after only four days. I like meat, but something about my body going through withdrawl just turns my stomach after enough time eating meat.

Any suggestions of what I can do? It's not just meat either--the thought of a salad isn't appealing either. HELP!

I lost allot of weight with Atkins about 3 years ago (60lbs) I then got pregnant, went off the diet rfor about a year and put 40lbs back on. I have been yo-yoing on Atkins since Feb 2004. I have been trying to eat meat, but it has been so unappettizing. I am now trying a different approach. I'm allowing low carb bread & wraps with low carb cold cuts for lunch. I'm giving myself more options, even like low carb peanut butter, and low carb progresso soups. So far, it's working. Eating Atkins by the book hasn't been working, but I like what I'm doing now. More variety seems to be the key.

Deneen

Deneen,
Thanks for the advice. I actually went to Cracker Barrel for lunch today and forced myself to get something. I opted for grilled catfish as that's not as "thick" as chicken or beef. I did ok with it and a little of the queasiness is gone.

That's a good idea about the wraps though. I used them in moderation last summer, but I had forgotten about them.

Thanks!

I do a combo of South Beach and Atkins so I hope what I say is helpful to you. Have you tried the LCF site for recipes? It's www.lowcarbfriends.com and they have tons and tons of recipes that might help you out. I don't know if you allow yourself to eat the Dreamfields pasta but many people on LCF eat it. Being on South Beach, we can have whole wheat pasta and I find having spaghetti, mac & cheese and even pasta alfredo to be a nice break from the meat and salad routine.

Like Deneen posted, I also like natural peanut butter, tuna, lc wraps and some of the other products that are available now. Including the yummy lc soups. Campbell's is called Carb Request (or something like that) and Progresso's lc soups are called Carb Monitor and they have an awesome Chicken Cheese Enchilada with veggies and shredded chicken. It actually makes your kitchen smell like a Mexican restaurant when it's cooking. Yummy.

Just some suggestions. I hope they help!

Atkins or South Beach must be a total lifestyle change. If you follow either plan you will lose weight BUT if you go back to eating white flour, sugar, constarch, etc....you will gain weight faster than you ever imagined possible.

We have some great low carb recipes on our Eating Healthy board. There is an index for them <b>HERE</b>

Katholyn

When I just couldn't face anothr piece of meat, I would try a brat or a kielbasa, evan a hot dog (check the carbs though) The change in flavor seemed to break the "ugh, not more meat" feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter