Suggestions on what to do

disneybaker

Mouseketeer
We are planning on going in march for 7 nights so we will have 6 usable days to sight we were planning on 2 days at Disney but are unsure about the other 4, we have a six year old and 1 year old at time of trip, thanks

...considered more days at Disney?
With the ages of your kids that is going to be a lot of ground to cover in two days.

Does your six year old like Lego? He/ she is a really good age for legoland. Sea world would also be fun.

We thought maybe San Diego zoo, skip sea world because we go to that one in Florida every other year, didn't know if legoland was worth the money

It was a it anti-climactic after Disney. Really depends on how much your child loves Lego. If they are a Lego lover I would say go, if they are Luke warm then I would say not to bother.

Honestly I really think you would get more bang for your back by spending minimum three days but four even better at Disney. There is a lot to see and a lot to take in, and if you only go for two days you will be missing a lot. Honestly you could go all five and still not have seen / done everything.

Have you hammered out dates yet, that will also affect how much you can accomplish while at disney.

Another vote for more Disney days. We went two years ago and three days didn't feel like enough and that was before the expansion at CA. Two days is simply not enough in my opinion.

As for other things to do, the SD Zoo is wonderful. If you don't mind the travel, it's well worth the trip.

Another vote for more Disney days. We went in 2009 and spent 3 days when our kids were 4 and 6 and although we had a wonderful time, it was not quite enough. And that was before the Carsland expansion and we concentrated on only the little kid stuff as DS4 was only 39 inches. We missed doing the Redwood Creek Trail as we did not have time for it. We had also used a lot of tips on here of what rides to do in which order so we did not waste time waiting in lines.
This time we are going for 5 days and although we initially planned on possibly doing something else on one day, I am leaning towards all 5 at the parks. We are getting 5 day parkhoppers in any case.

Maybe you can keep your trip Disney themed and go up and see a show in Hollywood at the El Capitan and then a visit to the Disney Soda Fountain next door. :)

We do 8 days, 6 in the parks (though this time we will be spending 7 in the parks due to MHP tickets). Ours are 4 and 1, we did this last year when they were 6m and 3.5 - worked out awesome. It will take way more time than you realize with kids.

It will take way more time than you realize with kids.

This :thumbsup2 We went in December and had three days (kids were 2, 4 and 6 at the time). I was going to do two days because that's what it took us as adults who went regularly. I was talked into 3. I could have used about 5, I think. We did a lot and had a great time, but we missed a lot, too. And that was before Carsland. I highly recommend the afternoon nap, but that does take quite a bit of time out of your attraction time during the day. That was something I hadn't counted on.

As for other attractions, Legoland is great if your kids are really into legos (we are actually taking our kids in October), but if they're not, I'd opt for more time at DL before I'd do Legoland.

The San Diego Zoo Safari Park would be another option.

I also recommend more days at Disney, but if budget is a factor, the San Diego Zoo is pretty great and a nice change of pace. It's about a 90 minute drive though from Disneyland.

Another vote for more days at Disney :thumbsup2 We love to take our time (which you will be forced to do with little ones anyway). If you try to push the kids too fast because "we only have 2 days to get through all this", they will just end up miserable, and so will you. If you plan another 2 days at Disney (4 in total) then you can roll with the punches more. If the kids are exhausted by 6:00 pm, then you can go back to the hotel and not worry about missing the evening. We are also big fans of the mid-day break for a swim and/or nap to recharge for the evening. With only 2 days, you probably won't want to "waste" the time doing that.

As for Legoland, we took the girls when they were 8 and 10 and they loved it! They like Lego but I wouldn't say they are fanatics. DH and I were less impressed. It is pricey and not as clean as Disneyland, and definitely not as exciting! But we did it for the kids and they loved it, so it was worth it. I would suggest doing Legoland at the very beginning of the trip (so you don't have Disneyland to compare it to) or somewhere in the middle of the trip, but definitely not at the end. I think if you leave it until the end you will go home with a let down feeling. If you end your trip with a day in DL or DCA you go home with that Disney magic still in your bones!pixiedust:

ShaunaM said:
It was a it anti-climactic after Disney. Really depends on how much your child loves Lego. If they are a Lego lover I would say go, if they are Luke warm then I would say not to bother.

Honestly I really think you would get more bang for your back by spending minimum three days but four even better at Disney. There is a lot to see and a lot to take in, and if you only go for two days you will be missing a lot. Honestly you could go all five and still not have seen / done everything.

Have you hammered out dates yet, that will also affect how much you can accomplish while at disney.

March 16 through 23 2013, villas at grand Californian,

more DIsney definately

Only do legoland if your child loves legos otherwise they are completely bored

Universal Studios is more adult ride oriented

(Magic Mountain has a kid area but also more adult oriented)

Sea world would only have shows in the heat for your kids.

I would probably might even do all six days at disney, I mean there are two parks, LOTS of shows.

There's also Knott's Berry Farm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter