Suggestions on how to arrange MK days with parties

shan981

Mouseketeer
We are still over 6 months out, but I'm trying to get a rough idea of what park(s) we want to do on which days so I can prepare to make ADRs.

Travel dates: Sunday 11/25 - Sunday 12/2, staying at CR
Not sure yet if we are flying or driving, but either way, we will arrive in Orlando early on 11/25.
DH, me, DS10, DS(almost)2, DS(almost)2

What I'm thinking so far:
Sunday (arrival day) - MK - not sure about this because it's a party night, so is it a waste of a day since even with an early arrival we won't get to the park until mid/late morning? We have hoppers but not sure that the kids will be up for hopping on travel/arrival day, but I have this vision of MK being the first thing they see so I'm hesitant to change this.

Tuesday is another party day but plan to do MK anyway to enjoy "low" crowds, break/nap, then hop somewhere else in the evening.

Thursday we are going to MVMCP, so should we just take that morning off and plan to go to MK at 4pm? In reading another thread, it sounds like MK will be packed between 4-6pm, so maybe we should do an ADR at CP or somewhere else in MK around 4:30?

Any input is welcome, we've never been to WDW during party season.

We are still over 6 months out, but I'm trying to get a rough idea of what park(s) we want to do on which days so I can prepare to make ADRs.

Travel dates: Sunday 11/25 - Sunday 12/2, staying at CR
Not sure yet if we are flying or driving, but either way, we will arrive in Orlando early on 11/25.
DH, me, DS10, DS(almost)2, DS(almost)2

What I'm thinking so far:
Sunday (arrival day) - MK - not sure about this because it's a party night, so is it a waste of a day since even with an early arrival we won't get to the park until mid/late morning? We have hoppers but not sure that the kids will be up for hopping on travel/arrival day, but I have this vision of MK being the first thing they see so I'm hesitant to change this.

Tuesday is another party day but plan to do MK anyway to enjoy "low" crowds, break/nap, then hop somewhere else in the evening.

Thursday we are going to MVMCP, so should we just take that morning off and plan to go to MK at 4pm? In reading another thread, it sounds like MK will be packed between 4-6pm, so maybe we should do an ADR at CP or somewhere else in MK around 4:30?

Any input is welcome, we've never been to WDW during party season.

If going to MK on arrival day is the vision you have, do it! Like you stated, the park will start to get really crowded around 4 pm so just keep that in mind. Knowing you'll be back in a couple days, you could do a few rides and not feel pressured to do to much which sounds like a good arrival day.

If you do MK on Sunday and Tuesday, there might not be a need to do it again before the party on Thursday. My recommendation with 2 of the 3 kids being young would be taking it easy on that Thursday and try to stay as late as possible at the party. The second parade usually ends up with far fewer people and would be easier to get better viewing. I always planned that day as 4 pm - midnight is our "park day" instead of say 8 AM to 4 PM.

We are staying at BLT on the exact same dates. Not going to be easy to plan around 4 parties in 6 nights!
I have a DS10 and DS6 so my plans might be a little easier then yours with the two little ones.

My plan for MK so far:

Sunday (arrival day) - Epcot. Avoiding this MVMCP party as i've read the Sunday after Thanksgiving party is one of the busiest.

Tuesday - MK that day for hopefully lower crowds

Thursday - Take the day off and go to MVMCP that night

Saturday - MK after dinner. Book some late FP+. Main purpose of this night is to see HEA.

I'm also considering reversing the Tuesday/Thursday days and going to MVMCP on the Tuesday. I'm thinking it might be a little less crowded then the Thursday party.

Good luck!

We are staying at BLT on the exact same dates. Not going to be easy to plan around 4 parties in 6 nights!
I have a DS10 and DS6 so my plans might be a little easier then yours with the two little ones.

My plan for MK so far:

Sunday (arrival day) - Epcot. Avoiding this MVMCP party as i've read the Sunday after Thanksgiving party is one of the busiest.

Tuesday - MK that day for hopefully lower crowds

Thursday - Take the day off and go to MVMCP that night

Saturday - MK after dinner. Book some late FP+. Main purpose of this night is to see HEA.

I'm also considering reversing the Tuesday/Thursday days and going to MVMCP on the Tuesday. I'm thinking it might be a little less crowded then the Thursday party.

Good luck!

Sounds like our plans are really similar! We also debated the Tuesday night party. I was leaning toward that one actually because I thought we could then make Wednesday a rest day, which I'm sure will be needed by then. But my DH thinks Thursday morning/afternoon before the party can be our rest day. He's never traveled with two toddlers before obviously, haha.

I usually throw money at it. I go one day for rope drop but try to leave by 4:00 PM.

On sepatate day I will either attend the party or book the HEA dessert package in order to get a nice spot for the fireworks. On that day I usually rope drop a different park and hit the MK in time for either the party or the fireworks package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter