• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions needed from all you Mommies...

tevagirl

<font color=teal>Saving little old ladies from gun
Iwill be going to my girlfriend's grandson's first birthday party. He will be going on his first cruise this October. I have bought a sand bucket and I want to fill it with different things he might need on the cruise. So far I have Disney dollars and sun screen for babies. Please give me some ideas. Thanks!

How about a sunhat, cute little sunglasses(some babies will wear them) , a Disney bathing suit?

I always got those disposable tippy cups for my DD when we travel. Maybe swim dipers, a cute hat, even a swm suit. Small bath tub toys are fun in the baby pool too. Sounds like a nice gift idea!:D

Aww, I can't think of any other ideas but those so far are great! And I just had to say what a sweet thoughtful gift idea! :)

Maybe some little pool toys - I just remember my oldest son (now almost 12) on his first WDW trip when he was about 22 months old - we bought him a foam rubber rocket ball (looked like a mixture between a football and a rocket) and he playing with it in the pool for the entire trip. Should work at the Mickey pool as well.

Depending on what you want to spend, I'd look at the bathing suits that protect you from the sun (UV suits). Our youngest was 18mo. the first time we went and she wore one and never even got pink even after a FULL day out in the sun at Castaway. They are great and really protect young skin.

:sunny: A Mickey towel to put around him when he gets out of the water. As far as sunglass they even have Disney ones. Bubbles for the sail away party. That is a cute idea.

Maybe some toys for the sun and sand to use with the bucket. Or juice boxes, lollipops, etc.

Maybe a terry cloth cover up for Castaway cay? This sounds like such a cute idea! Oh, a waterproof camera for his mom & dad to get some cute shots of him enjoying all your goodies.

Just wanted to thank you all for your ideas....the bucket is filled and looks adorable. Sorry, Mike, had to leave out the beer. It fizzes up too much when you pour it in the baby bottles!

Little water shoes (the mesh kind) for hot decks/sand are great too. I think they have them at Walmart for not very much $$. I have also seen Disney ones - DS has Pooh - maybe at Disney Store?

We travelled with our friend last May on the 7 day and they had their 2 1/2 year old with them.

I packed some goodies for him to use onboard and his favorite was the small bucket and those foam paint brushes...you know the kind you can get at any hardware store for a few cents each..

He would sit in a corner of Deck 9 and "paint" the deck with water....it would dry pretty quickly and he would "paint" some more. Unlimited canvas and no mess!!! He loved it!!! He played for hours!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter